We had a Disney December, Bahamian Xmas, NYC NYE and then some!! COMPLETED!

IASW is Christmas themed only at Disneyland not at WDW. That is the reason we stopped off there before coming home. Sydney to Dallas to Atlanta then Orlando then we went home from lax especially so I could see it. It was really busy as it was the marathon weekend in Jan but it was worth it.
thanks for that info @AussieNSW !

@Travel Mum , here is an uncropped and cropped picture of the fireworks

Uncropped
DSC_0971-2_zpsuqullcis.jpg

Cropped
DSC_0971_zpsuwpctczn.jpg

Thanks for the comparison and it does make quite a difference. But still a great view even uncropped :)

Ok thanks. And, for your villa location, did you find that you used stairs to exit and enter the building or did you use the elevators. If elevators, how long did it take you to walk to them from your villa?
We used mostly the stairs. I can't remember exactly how long to walk but I'd say maybe a 1.5mins

It’s a Small World

Next was It’s a small world. There was little to no wait, which is pretty unusual for this ride in our experience, so we jumped on line. Given that in Disneyland they re-themed the ride for Christmas, I was expect thing the same thing here. I’m sure @ColinA could advise if this is the case every year for IASW at WDW, but unfortunately it wasn’t for this year. Still it’s one of those quintessential Disney things to do, even more so than Jungle/Jingle cruise I think. YOU just have to be prepared for the tune to be stuck in your head for the rest of the day !!

WDW IASW does not change from what I have seen.

Ok thanks. And, for your villa location, did you find that you used stairs to exit and enter the building or did you use the elevators. If elevators, how long did it take you to walk to them from your villa?

Depends on the floor and the location. As for the fireworks you get a better view of Illuminations from a standard view overlooking the main entrance than the Village Green or Boardwalk Crescent lake view. With a standard view you could also be hidden behind trees.

We are normally given the room where you look over the corner and out over the lake and bridge.

Depending on where you are located it is sometimes quicker to take the stairs and walk out the back to get to Hollywood Studios.

Some great photos as usual lffam.

Depends on the floor and the location. As for the fireworks you get a better view of Illuminations from a standard view overlooking the main entrance than the Village Green or Boardwalk Crescent lake view. With a standard view you could also be hidden behind trees.

We are normally given the room where you look over the corner and out over the lake and bridge.

Depending on where you are located it is sometimes quicker to take the stairs and walk out the back to get to Hollywood Studios.

Some great photos as usual lffam.

Our view was overlooking the main entrance, I'll see if I can find a picture of it during the day, I'm sure I must have one in the 1000s i took !

I don't know what to say. You just used a Gen Y saying, when you are Gen X. I'm surprised you don't think it means 'Lots of Love' hahaha jk ilysm

Try to decode those...

-DS out *drops mic*

Entering Grand Californian

Here are couple of short videos by DS when we were entering Grand Californian ;

(16 secs)
(49 secs)

Expect some actual videos from the trip coming soon... :D

@Travelmum Dad said he'll post a photo, but in his room tour video, if you skip ahead to around 1:30, he pans across the view from the balcony. Hope this helps :)

Yes I did appreciate you Dad sharing that video with us and I presume that loud beeping noise was the reversing Magical Express bus or similar? You do read about the standard views being very noisy down the end of the reception but it did seem that, until your Dad opened the door to outside, the beeping noise was not heard from inside. Would that be right? And also, how lucky that your view was not blocked by a big tree like the villa to your right! It will be so funny if we get allocated the same villa as you had.

Yes I did appreciate you Dad sharing that video with us and I presume that loud beeping noise was the reversing Magical Express bus or similar? You do read about the standard views being very noisy down the end of the reception but it did seem that, until your Dad opened the door to outside, the beeping noise was not heard from inside. Would that be right? And also, how lucky that your view was not blocked by a big tree like the villa to your right! It will be so funny if we get allocated the same villa as you had.

@Travel Mum I am pretty sure it was the Magical Express or the WDW transfer buses, but at the time we were there, they had a lot of maintenance going on around that front entrance, from memory they were washing the signs very often. You are correct in saying that the beeping/reversing noise wasn't heard inside, the rooms were very well soundproofed and having slept on the lounge right near that door (it turns into a bed) I remember having very pleasant dreams about Disney things (and Star Wars hype) from that bed. If you did get allocated the same villa, what a coincidence haha, it had a bit of a 'musty' smell as Mum and Dad described it, but that might have just been our room.

Last edited:
More Boardwalk Villas

Here are some more photos from around the Boardwalk Villas/Inn. I have also included a video which I thought @Travel Mum would particular like which shows us walking down the stairs and out through the lobby to the Boardwalk itself.

DSC_0604_zpsubhmuw1r.jpg

DSC_0605_zpsgvmi3xt5.jpg

DSC_0606_zpsxw1nsfnl.jpg

DSC_0607_zpszg24e1wg.jpg

DSC_0608_zpsb1ipbzqy.jpg

DSC_0609_zpseaungxjq.jpg

DSC_0610_zpsknew46gm.jpg

DSC_0611_zpsabulqsix.jpg

DSC_0612_zpsvuhxr6es.jpg

DSC_0613_zps71fyxavp.jpg

DSC_0614_zpsk3jsmzzx.jpg

DSC_0617_zpsh7iu3r0a.jpg

DSC_0618_zpsgyn5qphb.jpg

DSC_0619_zpskun7eqon.jpg

DSC_0620_zpsplrjppla.jpg

DSC_0621_zpsiieztpws.jpg

DSC_0622_zps85kacgmz.jpg

@Travel Mum I am pretty sure it was the Magical Express or the WDW transfer buses, but at the time we were there, they had a lot of maintenance going on around that front entrance, from memory they were washing the signs very often. You are correct in saying that the beeping/reversing noise wasn't heard inside, the rooms were very well soundproofed and having slept on the lounge right near that door (it turns into a bed) I remember having very pleasant dreams about Disney things (and Star Wars hype) from that bed. If you did get allocated the same villa, what a coincidence haha, it had a bit of a 'musty' smell as Mum and Dad described it, but that might have just been our room.

Oh thanks that's great to know the rooms are well soundproofed and, as there will be five of us sharing the villa (I know your family will think that's too squashed but, given we are used to sharing a standard hotel room when on holiday, I think we will be fine), there will be two of us sleeping on that sofa bed so that's good to know you slept well on it. By the time of our stay in January, all the villas will be refurbished so hopefully the musty smell would have gone!

Oh lffam thanks so much for sharing the extra photos and especially the video! That is really special to see and hear the three of you in "real life" and lffamDSon thanks so much for your great tour. That was really helpful to see how you went down the stairs and out on the boardwalk. Gosh, I feel very honoured because it's almost like you are doing this part of your TR especially for me.

Oh lffam thanks so much for sharing the extra photos and especially the video! That is really special to see and hear the three of you in "real life" and lffamDSon thanks so much for your great tour. That was really helpful to see how you went down the stairs and out on the boardwalk. Gosh, I feel very honoured because it's almost like you are doing this part of your TR especially for me.

I'm glad you found it helpful. happy to help !

Day 14 Sci Fi Diner & Jedi Training

We walked to Hollywood Studios this morning. We found it easy to walk to both HS and Epcot. This was an added bonus of the BWV for us. Being able to easily walk to two parks we found very convenient. Also being able to walk to Beach or Yacht Club very easily made for more options. While I did love staying at the Wilderness resort, for me the ability to walk to parks I place a great premium on so I would have to rate this location as personal favourite for sure.

We went straight to the booking area for Jedi Training, which was in the Shop between Prime Time Diner and the Indy ride show (which I *think* was closed) We got DS a spot for 12:40 show, which we had be back at the booking spot at 12:10.

Our breakfast at Sci Fi was a nice experience but probably one we wouldn’t do again. I think if they updated it to be more “current” sci-fi well maybe but the old style is probably not so much our cup of tea. The dinning in the cars is novel, but again for us twice is now probably enough.

DSC_1014_zpsvd7kcyhm.jpg

DSC_1016_zpsggsbv0ez.jpg

We did the Great Movie ride after breakfast and then just had a wander around HS. We were able to do another ride on Star tours which never stops being fun for us.

DSC_1017_zpsu78wypyy.jpg

DSC_1020_zpsf2i5cp6f.jpg

DSC_1022_zpsworsp8vb.jpg

DSC_1023_zps4kgg4bwo.jpg

DSC_1025_zps3irku45b.jpg

DSC_1030_zpsoqt2maf3.jpg

The time came for the Jedi Training. DS wasn’t able to do this on our 2013 trip, so it was good to do it here. He had done it earlier in 2010 at Disneyland. It was quite a warm day and the did have the kids lined up in the sun with their Jedi robes on which It thought they could have moved them up a bit where it was shaded. At about 5-10mins to go they said that we could go and get a spot at the Jedi Temple to watch. They said if there were younger kids that the parents should/can stay with the kids (padawans) while they walked from the prep area to the Jedi Temple (not that far, but not in eye distance) DW stayed with the padawans while I went and took a spot so I could get some photos.

DSC_1035_zpswokwdf6q.jpg

DSC_1034_zps92hzdbln.jpg

DSC_1037_zpsbo46tsad.jpg

Feeling “The Force”
DSC_1041_zpssopjob02.jpg

DSC_1044_zpsrjsjuu3j.jpg

DSC_1046_zpswvl2egv3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter