We had a Disney December, Bahamian Xmas, NYC NYE and then some!! COMPLETED!

Jedi Training

Now you may notice that in this next photos there are two (sort of) lines of kids. This is important, very important when it comes to your PhotoPass photos as we found out.
DSC_1047_zpsr9jewrtm.jpg

Ok so in this next photo, let me point out a couple of things.

DSC_1051_zpsqdrhgzqh.jpg

The blue circles on the ground in the foreground are the spots for the padawan learners to stand and train from. There are also blue circles on the stage area for the same purpose. One line of kids is placed on the spots on in the foreground of this picture, and one line on the stage. The two people you can see to the left rear of the photo on the stools, with wheels are the PhotoPass photographers. One takes photos of the kids on the stage, the other takes photos of the kids on the lower part. The parents a given a photopass card corresponding to the line your child is in and then you scan that photopass card and the photos the respective photographer takes get added to your online account. Good system and would work well…..if they don’t move your child after the have given you your PP card and they have taken them through!

So DS was in the line to fight Vader (on stage) this is the Photopass we got. But after they were putting the kids in place there was either no spot for him on the stage or there was a vacant one they wanted filled on the lower area and they moved him. We didn’t think anything of it at the time, I thought it would mean I would get some better shots as he would be closer from where I had placed myself.

When we added the photos from the photopass we were given, there were none of DS and then we realised what that little change meant. The photopass photographers take a lot photos during the training. We had about 130 added to our account, but none of the were DS. It was a little disappointing after we realised what had happen, but I got some nice photos, I just didn’t have the same sort of vantage point as the PP photographer would have had. I wouldn’t imagine this would happen very often but for anyone else doing it and keen on getting the PP photos just be aware..ok now to the photos I took….

DSC_1053_zpsdwsnszif.jpg

DSC_1058_zpsmiretmtk.jpg

DSC_1059_zpstre6tq1p.jpg

DSC_1062_zps8bcimylw.jpg

DSC_1064_zpsqxthizjw.jpg

DSC_1075_zpsdcyl2das.jpg

STUDIO_JTA1_7548314752_zpstzklmopp.jpg

DSC_1088_zps1lgu4l6p.jpg

DSC_1094_zps5lmpgzff.jpg

DSC_1100_zpsbburmpw4.jpg

DSC_1104_zpsmlrnrf6c.jpg

Some last second tips
DSC_1105_zpsevivqwke.jpg

DSC_1107_zpsbpfsrtij.jpg

DSC_1108_zpsuyoahrm0.jpg

DSC_1109_zpsuswzpsnw.jpg

DSC_1110_zpskwdvlsva.jpg

DSC_1111_zpsuwuhy7ci.jpg

Seems to have enjoyed it!
DSC_1113_zpsmb6od9ks.jpg

DSC_1117_zps0vtyo02e.jpg

DSC_1130_zpsohkzpcs4.jpg

DSC_1133_zpsch3ytxtk.jpg

Darth Maul
DSC_1137_zps19y7xsen.jpg

STUDIO_JTA1_7548314489_zpsf2rk27tm.jpg

DSC_1138_zpsdvplwkf7.jpg

DSC_1142_zpssifpjrqt.jpg

STUDIO_JTA1_7548314668_zpsvbgvxom1.jpg

DSC_1146_zpsazfi1fhe.jpg

DSC_1147_zps5hrsrflx.jpg

DSC_1152_zpsziia7ksk.jpg

Job Done!
DSC_1158_zpsh4bcw0pj.jpg

Last edited:
Love your Jedi Training photos! Awesome shots! Just looking at your son's face you can tell he really enjoyed the experience :darth:

Garden Grill Dinner & The Candlelight Procession (sort of!)

Dinner tonight was at The Garden Grill which we booked specifically to get the Candlelight Procession Tickets. We had been to Garden grill before in 2013 and really liked it but had never seen the Candlelight Procession(CP) before. Garden Grill was a Family style buffet, so much food so not overeating is near impossible unless you are really strong willed lol! Some shots with Farmer Micky, Pluto and Dale.

DSC_1162_zpsfpvrma5i.jpg

DSC_1173_zps3yqf2tei.jpg

DSC_1169_zpsfip5rycj.jpg

DSC03253_zpslfsrmbmt.jpg

DSC03251_zpsrvvpntng.jpg

We were given “tickets” for the CP show which were to be stuck on our shirt. These had the date and time of the show were had chosen. We had been given advice from one of the resident WDW experts here, @ColinA that lining up early was a must for the CP. This was great advice and though we went close to an hour early, we were snaked back all the way to the Morocco Pavilion when we joined the queue. The CP is held in the America Gardens Theatre. The line ended up getting longer and longer, with people coming along and asking, “is this the line for the “guaranteed seating” which it was and back they walked to join the end of the queue. We eventually got seated and took a seat quite a few rows back, but still what seemed like it would be a good view.

For those that don’t know, The Candle Light Procession has a guest Narrator, and our was Meredith Vieira who used to be on The View and now has her own show on USA TV. Well The show started, with namely a Candlelight Procession (go figure!) Strong Choir and ensemble. The narrator started and then not long after this, the heavens opened up, yep it started to rain and rain quite heavily. We were not prepared at all. We tried to watch it through the rain, but it just became too uncomfortable, we had no shelter from it at all from our seats, in fact there isn’t too much undercover seating at all. People were getting up and leaving.

We tried to persevere, but in the end none of us could enjoy it, I think DS was really uncomfortable but he would have stayed if we wanted too, but we decided we would go. Only thing we could have prepared better for was maybe being earlier to try and see if we could have gotten closer to the front were there does seem to be a little bit of cover, but I am not sure if that is reserved for others or not. You couldn’t put up umbrellas so ponchos or a raincoat with a good hood was the only other options but I’m not sure it would have been much more comfortable. In the end this was just one of those things that happen that you can’t really control.

Sure it was disappointing, and yes we wasted a bit of money with the special Garden Grill dinner, but no point letting it worry or bring down the trip. We’ll just have to do it next time again! I did get a couple of shots with the iPhone before we left to give some perspective or our seating and the show.

DSC_1177_zpsrua811qe.jpg

DSC_1175_zpslibvf14k.jpg

IMG_1627_zps30msk8un.jpg

Last edited:
What do you think of the Garden Grill meal experience if you did not get the special tickets?

You had bad luck with the rain.

A couple of years ago the weather was forecast to be rain for the evening of the CP. My wife changed to another date and all was good. It did rain on the original date.

It is possible to change the date as long as there is is availability for the CP package. I think this needs to be done up to two days before.

What do you think of the Garden Grill meal experience if you did not get the special tickets?

We haven't been there for a few years. It is a good experience with the characters. Try it and find out.

This is how the main course used to be.

Garden Grill was a great meal. We really loved it the first time in 2013, probably one of our favourite meals that first trip to be honest. This time it was really good also, but I think Trail's End or Trattoria took our faves this time.

You had bad luck with the rain.

A couple of years ago the weather was forecast to be rain for the evening of the CP. My wife changed to another date and all was good. It did rain on the original date.

It is possible to change the date as long as there is is availability for the CP package. I think this needs to be done up to two days before.

Yes we certainly were unlucky with the weather. we didn't let it bother us just a little bit of disappointment at the time, but we were still having the trip of a lifetime and still did!.

Garden Grill was a great meal. We really loved it the first time in 2013, probably one of our favourite meals that first trip to be honest. This time it was really good also, but I think Trail's End or Trattoria took our faves this time.

Yes we certainly were unlucky with the weather. we didn't let it bother us just a little bit of disappointment at the time, but we were still having the trip of a lifetime and still did!.

Plan for it again on the trip to WDW next year!

Day 15 Outlets Seven Dwarfs & Main St Parade

Today was a rest day of sorts, though I don’t think DS would agree. We went to the outlets to do some shopping. We had some fast passes for later in the evening. We caught a cab from the BWV and went to the one of the Premium outlets. The taxi had a charging station for your mobile phone which I though was a pretty good idea.

IMG_1628_zpsh9ljvjhm.jpg

That evening we had FP+ for Seven Dwarfs, Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride..hmm well unfortunately I have to say it was a bit of an anti climax, it is so short. I don’t do other roll-a-coasters, so I don’t know if this is normal. We wanted to do this one because it was new since our trip in 21013 and from what we had heard it was less intense than most other roll-a-coasters/thrill rides. We had a FP+ and had a short wait, but it really was over before you know it. We did have another FP for later in the week to ride it again, but I certainly wouldn’t wait in the stand-by line for this ride.

MK_MINETRAIN_7549240432_zpsz5qnflo9.jpeg

These photos were taken of the windows of the Emporium.

DSC_1183_zpsp6bxy4fl.jpg

DSC_1184_zpsdlqqlups.jpg

DSC_1185_zpsf6mw1a7i.jpg

DSC_1186_zpspjuwo4va.jpg

DSC_1187_zpspgmwhnay.jpg

DSC_1188_zpsutox0v6w.jpg

DSC_1189_zpspslla1vt.jpg

DSC_1190_zpsmsjhsykd.jpg

DSC_1191_zpsh4tkwtpq.jpg

DSC_1192_zpsflcwp9gz.jpg

DSC_1193_zpsb0mydgmb.jpg

DSC_1194_zpsx2j42usv.jpg

DSC_1179_zpslqfw1paw.jpg

DSC_1196_zpsp2bbdkr6.jpg

DSC_1195_zpsm8pyi6i0.jpg

DSC_1197_zpsxpphtbs2.jpg

It certainly does seem to be an extra magical time to visit WDW at Christmas time :)
It really is ! Our dates at WDW were 10/12 - 18/12, This day was the 14th of December, so the crowds were certainly building.

Glad you got some good shots of your son at least in the Jedi training- looks like fun but also looks like he'll soon be too old to take part!
(I'm back catching up after several weeks tied up with real life getting in the way!)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear your Candlelight Experience was spoilt by the rain - the year we went we had rain while queueing early - we dug our raincoats out and stayed in line - but in our case it eased off and was fine for the actual performance.

Glad you got some good shots of your son at least - looks like fun but also looks like he'll soon be too old to take part!

I agree, I think the next time we would be back he will be at least 15 so likely too old. He built his own lightsaber at Disney Springs, Once Upon a Toy. He made a video of it which I will post later which is quite good.

Sorry to hear your Candlelight Experience was spoilt by the rain - the year we went we had rain while queueing early - we dug our raincoats out and stayed in line - but in our case it eased off and was fine for the actual performance.

Yes was just bad luck, but we will keep it for a must do for next time!

Glad you got some good shots of your son at least in the Jedi training- looks like fun but also looks like he'll soon be too old to take part!
(I'm back catching up after several weeks tied up with real life getting in the way!)

oh and glad you are back! I've had real life getting in the way of me further progressing the report, but back to some regular updates now so thats good for me, as I enjoy going over the photos and putting some narrative to them and also good for those that have been keen to follow! :)

Doubling back have to comment you got some amazing close up pics of the dragon in Hogwarts! Very jealous!
It was you trip report that whet my appetite for Diagonal Alley AW!

I must say the whole WWHP is done so well and Diagon Alley started off the Orlando part of our trip with such a great experience

Main Street Electrical Parade

We had a FP+ for this. The position was at the top of Main street around the Christmas tree looking back to the castle. The parade starts coming out between the fire station and the barbers shop and goes around the roundabout at main St and then down mains street. They do close off some of the cross walk in front of the Emporium which extends the FP+ area but they do this at the mast minute just before the parade starts. I was a little disappointed with myy photos, I had messed up the settings on my camera. Here are some of the best ones.

This was pretty much the vantage point we were in.
DSC_1210_zpsx74os92a.jpg

DSC_1215_zpszygg73t7.jpg

DSC_1228_zpskkwnhxn1.jpg

DSC_1217_zpsoodv7wob.jpg

DSC_1222_zps8iavpmjb.jpg

DSC_1224_zpsen9shy0e.jpg

DSC_1233_zps5bpcyorz.jpg

DSC_1241_zps3zfusjjc.jpg

DSC_1245_zpsxtwkaqdf.jpg

DSC_1229_zpsvmigfr3s.jpg

DSC_1246_zpsysdoxshm.jpg

DSC_1238_zpsgd3zlwmp.jpg

DSC_1247_zpsx09okujf.jpg

DSC_1253_zps1it3yojq.jpg

DSC_1250_zps521jptmv.jpg

DSC_1256_zpswkachdxj.jpg

DSC_1248_zpsfzlo60lr.jpg

DSC_1252_zpszz72erzs.jpg

DSC_1254_zps3mnnj6eh.jpg

DSC_1264_zpsvlama6tw.jpg

DSC_1258_zpsh261hsll.jpg

DSC_1265_zpske0x9ae0.jpg

DSC_1267_zpsegedbfrl.jpg

DSC_1268_zpsjfhx9id3.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter