WDW Commando Club 2 - Magic Bands & FP+ Oh My

Ummm... how did I not know about this thread? I want in!

Leaving in 22-23 days (can't ever tell between my countdown and my ticker always seem off...) Leave at 4am on 12/12. We have 9 nights and 10 days with a 10 day base ticket. We will be in parks all 10 days. We will RD 7 out of 10 days. 1 day we don't get in until afternoon, another day early O'hana breakfast, and another noon entry at Epcot with a Soarin FP+. :cool1:

I have all my ADR's (CRT, Akershus, Fultons, Narcoossees - just a few) and FP+ (got A&E and 7DMT twice)

I have my days mapped out in touring plans with all info listed in the notes, conf #'s what I want to eat, etc.

My magic bands shipped today! :woohoo:

A few items left, get FP for BOG tomorrow (for 12/17), figure out how I want to do parade and wishes on 12/17, a good packing list done, order pins for trading, finish surprise video for girls (waiting on BIL to record a surprise from Mickey Mouse) and TELL MY GIRLS a day and half before we go.

Between all these things I have to see Mockingjay and cook a turkey. :cheer2:

:welcome: You are member #277:cool1:You picked a Great week to go everything is in full Christmas swing:woohoo:, I will also be at WDW 12/11-12/14. Within the next week I'll be posting different things I've discovered about this years Christmas season at WDW and things that IMO top the list:thumbsup2

I'm home, I'm home!:yay:

Hi, my name is Bilynn and I'm a Disney Commando.

Spreadsheets and binders and back ups, OH MY! Seriously, planning a Disney vacation is part of the fun and I want all the fun I can get.

My group readily releases the reigns to me for planning and happily follows whatever plan I set. I have trained them well :rotfl:

And remember: a highlighter is a girl's best friend!

:welcome: You are member #278:cool1: You have the plan, back up, and a group that follows your lead:), You have all the ingredients for a Great trip:stir::wizard:

New thread. I'm along for the ride again.

Umm...hello.

THIS time? I want to attempt our VERY first FOUR PARKS in ONE DAY plan. I think I have the kids on board with me. Goal is to ride at LEAST four rides in each park before moving on to the next park. Sounds like fun right? Well at least for some of us! :lmao:

Welcome. All four parks in a day would be cool. Way to go commando.

Ummm... how did I not know about this thread? I want in

I have all my ADR's (CRT, Akershus, Fultons, Narcoossees - just a few) and FP+ (got A&E and 7DMT twice)

Between all these things I have to see Mockingjay and cook a turkey. :cheer2:

Welcome. Some great ADRs. Try not to see the Turkey and cook a Mockingjay. :lmao:

I'm home, I'm home!:yay:

Spreadsheets and binders and back ups, OH MY! Seriously, planning a Disney vacation is part of the fun and I want all the fun I can get.

My group readily releases the reigns to me for planning and happily follows whatever plan I set. I have trained them well :rotfl:

!

Welcome. I've moved from spreadsheets and highlighter to my phone for plans, but the important thing is the plans.

I enjoy seeing the fear in the eyes of people when I ask: Hey want to go to Disney this weekend ?

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao:

agavegirl1 reporting to the new barracks (member #233). I am in the process of comparing my actual spreadsheets and touring plans to what was actually accomplished this past trip. I will be sure to report back on obstacles to execution of the plan identified and potential solutions for those of you still in your planning phase.

Welcome new Commandos!

Can't wait to hear the results:listen: Hope you had a Great trip:thumbsup2

Mamudduck reporting to new barracks from the house of mouse. (Sure move while I'm on vacation).
Here's the best new I've got today:
I'm snowed in at WDW !!!!!!
"What the ...?????"- you might be thinking,
but I was suppose to fly out tomorrow through Buffalo- but Southwest is letting people stay longer because Buffalo will still be shut down because of the weather so I was able to stay until Friday (one more day)
Snow day (without snow) in WDW what could be better?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

One word AWESOME:cool1:, they are expecting even more snow and are in State of Emergency, so until they lift that you are a Fl resident:cool1:, don't be shocked if they add yet another day, remember there are a lot of things worse then being stranded at WDW, but if you want I'll trade with you:rolleyes1

This may very well be the coolest thing I have ever heard! Congrats on the extra day!! :beach:

Hope your having a Great time:goodvibes

:welcome: You are member #276:cool1:. I love doing 4 parks in 1 day, my wife and son not so much:lmao:, but we still do a solid 3 parks a day everyday during our trips:rolleyes1

Do you have a plan on how you are going tackle the 4 parks, and what rides you want to hit:confused3 It is great that your family goes with your plans:yay:
If you need any advice on how to tackle 4parks in 1 day let us know, and we will try to help you out:thumbsup2 (I know many of your fellow Commandos have done it before:cool2:)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! :wave2:

Did you actually ASK if I had a plan??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

But of course.

Here is our plan and I think it will work out well...and it even includes a long break for dinner and new hotel checkin!!

7am-9am: Animal Kingdom. This is an early Animal Kingdom day with a 7am entry. We arrive at the gates and hit the Safari first, followed by Expedition Everest, Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl. Touring plans has us doing all of these in just over an hour, including walk/wait times. So if there is extra time, we might just ride EE again.

10am - 1pm: Hollywood Studios. We have a FP+ for HS here, but it's very late in the day, so I've decided we'll need to bite the bullet and actually WAIT in the standby line for this one. TP estimates a 50 min wait at 11:05am. Hoping we arrive a little earlier than that. We then have FP+ for TOT and RnRC, both in the 11:30am-1pm timeframe. We'll do these rides using that, and then squeeze in a ride on either GMR or Star Tours...or both. Will depend on waits. Plus we'll need to eat I'm sure, so something fast at quick service.

2pm-4:30pm: EPCOT. There are NO FP+ here, but with any luck we can snag one once we enter the park. The plan is to ride MS (estimating 10 minute wait via TP), Test Track (Single Rider line for all of us...so probably a 20 minute wait or so), The Land (short wait but 15 minute ride) and then Imagination. This is our most aggressive park, so hoping we actually arrive earlier. We have a pretty hard stop around 4:30pm as we need to return to AK Kidani for a Sanaa reservation at 5:10pm, and to check into our villa.

After dinner, probably around 8pm or so, we'll head to MK for our final park of the day. Park is open pretty late and we only have to hit four rides. We'd like to do at least one headliner, like BTMRR, and then of course 3 others. We may to TTA to get ride #2 and then possibly Buzz and Mad Tea Party. Kids would like to do Space Mt but will depend on wait. Maybe we can snag an in-park FP+ there too? Not sure yet.

So...opinions/suggestions/thoughts? Hoping this will work for us and really looking forward to trying! Gotta do it THIS Sunday though, as crowds Thanksgiving week will only build!

pixiedust: we are now at 2 extra days, :blush: changed flight again! Now I'm leaving on Sat. :cool1:
But today has been filled with just trying to get everything juggled for the extra nights.......oh such burdens one must bare :rolleyes2
So I'm going to Fulton to celebrate.

p.s. Saw Big Hero6 at the fork&screen AMC in DTD, food was Ok but movie was GREAT!

pixiedust: we are now at 2 extra days, :blush: changed flight again! Now I'm leaving on Sat. :cool1:
But today has been filled with just trying to get everything juggled for the extra nights.......oh such burdens one must bare :rolleyes2

p.s. Saw Big Hero6 at the fork&screen AMC in DTD, food was Ok but movie was GREAT!

Wasn't movie awesome! We leave in 22 days so we are trying to keep our budget tight but I told DH we have to go see movie so they will know who Baymax is at DHS. So glad we went and saw it, just an outstanding movie. I only have girls 6 & 14 and they both loved it.

But of course.

Here is our plan and I think it will work out well...and it even includes a long break for dinner and new hotel checkin!!

7am-9am: Animal Kingdom. This is an early Animal Kingdom day with a 7am entry. We arrive at the gates and hit the Safari first, followed by Expedition Everest, Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl. Touring plans has us doing all of these in just over an hour, including walk/wait times. So if there is extra time, we might just ride EE again.

10am - 1pm: Hollywood Studios. We have a FP+ for HS here, but it's very late in the day, so I've decided we'll need to bite the bullet and actually WAIT in the standby line for this one. TP estimates a 50 min wait at 11:05am. Hoping we arrive a little earlier than that. We then have FP+ for TOT and RnRC, both in the 11:30am-1pm timeframe. We'll do these rides using that, and then squeeze in a ride on either GMR or Star Tours...or both. Will depend on waits. Plus we'll need to eat I'm sure, so something fast at quick service.

2pm-4:30pm: EPCOT. There are NO FP+ here, but with any luck we can snag one once we enter the park. The plan is to ride MS (estimating 10 minute wait via TP), Test Track (Single Rider line for all of us...so probably a 20 minute wait or so), The Land (short wait but 15 minute ride) and then Imagination. This is our most aggressive park, so hoping we actually arrive earlier. We have a pretty hard stop around 4:30pm as we need to return to AK Kidani for a Sanaa reservation at 5:10pm, and to check into our villa.

After dinner, probably around 8pm or so, we'll head to MK for our final park of the day. Park is open pretty late and we only have to hit four rides. We'd like to do at least one headliner, like BTMRR, and then of course 3 others. We may to TTA to get ride #2 and then possibly Buzz and Mad Tea Party. Kids would like to do Space Mt but will depend on wait. Maybe we can snag an in-park FP+ there too? Not sure yet.

So...opinions/suggestions/thoughts? Hoping this will work for us and really looking forward to trying! Gotta do it THIS Sunday though, as crowds Thanksgiving week will only build!

2 hours may be a bit optimistic at those parks, but that is based on my current walking speed. Good luck and let us know how it works.

Way to suffer. Fulton's is one of my favorites. Have an Alaskan King Crab claw for me. Better yet, mail me some. :lmao:

Congratulations on your extended vacation::yes:: You are now leaving Sat of what week:scratching, I haven't seen the news yet today, but as of this morning they were expecting up to another 3 feet:rolleyes2, if they get it you might have a couple more extra days:faint: I'd still trade with you:goodvibes

But of course.

You got a nice solid plan there:thumbsup2, It is totally doable:cool1:, IMO you should gain time at AK if you are there at 7, If you want to do EE twice I would do EE 1st since the line grows pretty quick, PEW, Dino & Safari (safari would have some wait by that time, but should be less then 2x EE & Dino by the same time)

The only thing that I see that could be a problem is leaving Epcot at 4:30 to get to Sanaa at 5:10, this is a long bus ride, and if the buses are behind schedule it could be a wait at Epcot, hopefully you make some good time in the parks and can leave a little earlier:confused3, Otherwise everything looks great:thumbsup2

I guess your about ready to leave for your trip, Have A Great Time:goodvibes

Hey guys,
I am a beginner at this whole commando thing, but i love the idea!
I am an organiser and planner - and am currently studying event management which is perfect for satisfying the planning craves.

I was wondering what type of spreadsheets you use?
do you have any templates to share?

My trip is not for a while off, but it will be my first to disneyworld. Planning to go for 14 nights, with a 10 day ticket!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! :wave2: Did you actually ASK if I had a plan??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: But of course. Here is our plan and I think it will work out well...and it even includes a long break for dinner and new hotel checkin!! 7am-9am: Animal Kingdom. This is an early Animal Kingdom day with a 7am entry. We arrive at the gates and hit the Safari first, followed by Expedition Everest, Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl. Touring plans has us doing all of these in just over an hour, including walk/wait times. So if there is extra time, we might just ride EE again. 10am - 1pm: Hollywood Studios. We have a FP+ for HS here, but it's very late in the day, so I've decided we'll need to bite the bullet and actually WAIT in the standby line for this one. TP estimates a 50 min wait at 11:05am. Hoping we arrive a little earlier than that. We then have FP+ for TOT and RnRC, both in the 11:30am-1pm timeframe. We'll do these rides using that, and then squeeze in a ride on either GMR or Star Tours...or both. Will depend on waits. Plus we'll need to eat I'm sure, so something fast at quick service. 2pm-4:30pm: EPCOT. There are NO FP+ here, but with any luck we can snag one once we enter the park. The plan is to ride MS (estimating 10 minute wait via TP), Test Track (Single Rider line for all of us...so probably a 20 minute wait or so), The Land (short wait but 15 minute ride) and then Imagination. This is our most aggressive park, so hoping we actually arrive earlier. We have a pretty hard stop around 4:30pm as we need to return to AK Kidani for a Sanaa reservation at 5:10pm, and to check into our villa. After dinner, probably around 8pm or so, we'll head to MK for our final park of the day. Park is open pretty late and we only have to hit four rides. We'd like to do at least one headliner, like BTMRR, and then of course 3 others. We may to TTA to get ride #2 and then possibly Buzz and Mad Tea Party. Kids would like to do Space Mt but will depend on wait. Maybe we can snag an in-park FP+ there too? Not sure yet. So...opinions/suggestions/thoughts? Hoping this will work for us and really looking forward to trying! Gotta do it THIS Sunday though, as crowds Thanksgiving week will only build!

Great plan! I'm hoping I can get my family organized & out the door for the 7am EMH at AK next week. I think it would be so cool to be in the park that early! I'm not a morning person except on vacation! We don't have park hoppers though ... So I can't even attempt 4 parks in one day ... For us it makes more sense to focus on s park each day!

pixiedust: we are now at 2 extra days, :blush: changed flight again! Now I'm leaving on Sat. :cool1: But today has been filled with just trying to get everything juggled for the extra nights.......oh such burdens one must bare :rolleyes2 So I'm going to Fulton to celebrate. p.s. Saw Big Hero6 at the fork&screen AMC in DTD, food was Ok but movie was GREAT!

Wow congrats! My daughter & I loved Big Hero 6!! Can't wait to meet Baymax at DHS next week. Also found out there is a Big Hero 6 pressed coin machine near the M&G.

Hey guys, I am a beginner at this whole commando thing, but i love the idea! I am an organiser and planner - and am currently studying event management which is perfect for satisfying the planning craves. I was wondering what type of spreadsheets you use? do you have any templates to share? My trip is not for a while off, but it will be my first to disneyworld. Planning to go for 14 nights, with a 10 day ticket!

I don't have an excel spreadsheet ... Just a list of a general order of attractions in each area. I italicized the attractions that we'd be willing to skip if we are not doing good on time . I'll probably print it out in case we want to tweak it at the airport , but I'll also have it on my phone. I have a packing list on my phone. I'm thinking of setting up lots of alerts on my phone for ADRs , FP+ & other reservations ... Can you tell I love my iPhone !! Lol

I am sooooo jealous!! My husband works in Buffalo and his work is closed again today it's still insane here so you might even get another day!!

I have no idea how I've missed these threads before but I would totally love to join in!

We leave 12/3 for disney until the 6th when we are doing a 7 day cruise on the Fantasy. Then back to the parks 12/13-12/15. My sons are bringing their girlfriends who have never been to Disney before. I hope they are prepared for the whirlwind because I have every day PACKED with plans to see EVERYTHING and we are even hitting MVMCP. I hope they sleep on the cruise because there's no time for that at the parks :rotfl2::rotfl2:

You got a nice solid plan there:thumbsup2, It is totally doable:cool1:, IMO you should gain time at AK if you are there at 7, If you want to do EE twice I would do EE 1st since the line grows pretty quick, PEW, Dino & Safari (safari would have some wait by that time, but should be less then 2x EE & Dino by the same time)

The only thing that I see that could be a problem is leaving Epcot at 4:30 to get to Sanaa at 5:10, this is a long bus ride, and if the buses are behind schedule it could be a wait at Epcot, hopefully you make some good time in the parks and can leave a little earlier:confused3, Otherwise everything looks great:thumbsup2

I guess your about ready to leave for your trip, Have A Great Time:goodvibes

THANKS so much for the advice! :thumbsup2 I definitely think the AK part is doable, but your plan to switch up the safari sounds good too.

As for the problem with the bus...not a problem since we have our own vehicle and we'll drive to all of the parks! That will save us lots of time. We usually do the drive since it's just easier.

Yes we are pretty much ready. Another 2 hours or so at work and then I pick up my older two from middle/high school around lunchtime, go home and we hit the road...along with a zillion other drivers this weekend from what I keep reading. YEAH low gas prices!! :cool1: :cool1:

Great plan! I'm hoping I can get my family organized & out the door for the 7am EMH at AK next week. I think it would be so cool to be in the park that early! I'm not a morning person except on vacation! We don't have park hoppers though ... So I can't even attempt 4 parks in one day ... For us it makes more sense to focus on s park each day!

Best of luck to you! Yeah our group generally gets up pretty early on a regular basis, plus I think I have the advantage doing it on the first FULL day of our trip, rather than later when we are all dragging!

So now my only major concern is the weather, which is looking downright YUCKY for the first few days. Lots and lots of rain showers, which I know (from experience) is typical for Florida, though not usually THIS late in the fall. I packed the ponchos and raingear last night so we are ready! :thumbsup2

Now it looks like my other snafu might be wheelchair rental. My 12yo girl is dealing with a painful genetic foot issue. She's been in a soft boot/removable boot for 3 weeks hoping we could help it out a little. Our visit with the foot specialist yesterday had us pretty much realizing it may not get corrected without surgery...which she is now DREADING! So looks like she will end up in the boot for most of vacation, though I told her she could probably remove it every now and then. With us REGULAR-FOOTED people knowing the pain we experience from those long park days, we know we will have to help her out and get a wheelchair to help avoid too much pain for her as well.

Good times. But hey we'll be in Disney soon, so it's all good!

pixiedust: we are now at 2 extra days, :blush: changed flight again! Now I'm leaving on Sat. :cool1: But today has been filled with just trying to get everything juggled for the extra nights.......oh such burdens one must bare :rolleyes2 So I'm going to Fulton to celebrate. p.s. Saw Big Hero6 at the fork&screen AMC in DTD, food was Ok but movie was GREAT!

So I've been snowed into my house for 4 days... All my husband and I are talking about is how much we can't wait to leave for Disney in 2 weeks! I'm so jealous that you are there and extending your trip due to the bad weather that we have been dealing with! I did finally dig my car out about an hour ago. And it started snowing again...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was a never a Disney planner. My first trip with my oldest dd we didn't plan a darn thing. Then my sister went. She was a Commando member, #139 "Dobby".... She had everything planned from sun up until the rest of us were long in bed for the night. She had adr's and special events and snacks and meals and bathroom breaks mapped right out with precision like I couldn't believe. And I laughed at her. And I rolled my eyes at her. And then I lost her, last year to cancer.... and my mind did a complete 180 about her Disney fanatic tendencies. I absorbed them, and embraced them. I poured over her binders over this last year, and her spreadsheets, and her pictures from the 3 trips she was able to take with her 2 kiddos. And somehow, I turned into her. I can finally say I'm going back, this time with my youngest dd, unfortunately not with my mom as planned (she treats the grandkids to this trip when they turn 8) as she now has cancer and will be just starting chemo.... But I will channel my sister, and I will let the magic and pixie dust settle over me and my dd, and I will plan my fp+ and adr's with carefully placed wreckless abandon, and I will look up and know that my sweet sister is laughing her *** off at me. Just like I used to do to her. I thank all of you Commandos for embracing her when she was on the boards, to let her feel at home among the other Disney Commandos. I will set my alarm clock every single morning at our resort extra early in honor of you all. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter