Water Parks: holding a camera on rides?

InfinityBeyond

Earning My Ears
We have been to TL and BB several times but always left our phones or camera in lockers. Can I hold my waterproof small digital camera (from costco) in my hand or around my wrist while riding tube slibes like i would in the lazy rivers or will they prohibit that for safety or other reason?

Alternatively, has anyone just worn their iphone in a waterproof case around their neck? I have seen people use those on Disney cruised but dont know if the water parks let you ride tube rides with that around your neck. (I dont ride any nontube body slides--I am a chicken. The kids go without me).

I would like to not have to run back and forth to lickers to snap a few family pics during the day. We arent doing memory maker this trip. Thanks!

I have watched Tim tracker videos from this summer where he has his camera filming water slides. He has no special access so I would guess you can too. I would definitely want a strap around wrist tho.

I've done both the camera around the wrist and the phone around the neck, just earlier this July. On crush n' gusher at least once my mom didn't have any kind of strap and just held her phone going down. Never had any issues. As long as you can still hold on to the handles in the tubes (I don't do body slides either) they don't have a problem with it.

I frequently have my waterproof camera with me when going to the water parks, and have never been disallowed from going on a slide.

We did both TL and BB last August and I had one of those disposable waterproof 35 mm cameras around my wrist on crush and gusher, the family raft ride at BB, lazy river, etc. I don't do the major slides like summit plummet or its counterpart at TL so I can't answer for that, but I didn't have any problems. The issue I had was when I returned and tried to develop the film! Took two weeks and $13 a camera to develop! . So this year I bought the digital one from Costco too! We are doing mostly water parks on our trip this August so wasn't planning on memory maker either!

It was hilarious with the old school 35 mm. Kids kept asking to see the picture and I told them we would have to wait to develop the pic. I guess to them it was like a rotary phone to me!

We took the digital one from Costco and had no trouble taking it on any rides. I recommend getting a floating wristband (there are tons on Amazon, very cheap) so that if you lose it, the band will float to the top and show you where your camera is.

I've never been to the water parks but I did get scolded by a lifeguard at POR in May for bringing my digital camera on the slide. I was fine to use it in the pool but they wouldn't let it on the slide. I don't remember the exact reason but I think it had to do with the fact that it could go flying (I had a strap around my wrist)

We have been to TL and BB several times but always left our phones or camera in lockers. Can I hold my waterproof small digital camera (from costco) in my hand or around my wrist while riding tube slibes like i would in the lazy rivers or will they prohibit that for safety or other reason?

Alternatively, has anyone just worn their iphone in a waterproof case around their neck? I have seen people use those on Disney cruised but dont know if the water parks let you ride tube rides with that around your neck. (I dont ride any nontube body slides--I am a chicken. The kids go without me).

I would like to not have to run back and forth to lickers to snap a few family pics during the day. We arent doing memory maker this trip. Thanks!

I have seen the water proof case and I have a hard time trusting them

I've never been to the water parks but I did get scolded by a lifeguard at POR in May for bringing my digital camera on the slide. I was fine to use it in the pool but they wouldn't let it on the slide. I don't remember the exact reason but I think it had to do with the fact that it could go flying (I had a strap around my wrist)
Weird. I've used my waterproof camera multiple times on the slides at all 4 moderate resorts and nobody has said one word. And believe me, some of those lifeguards love to yell at anything even close to rule breaking.

Weird. I've used my waterproof camera multiple times on the slides at all 4 moderate resorts and nobody has said one word. And believe me, some of those lifeguards love to yell at anything even close to rule breaking.

Yup, I have used mine with no issues. Have some good slide video from CSR. Sounds like a rogue lifeguard.

I use mine at the waterparks, never leaves my wrist/hand. I do not do the three huge drop slides.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter