Wanyama Safari dress code?

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
The following is listed on the WDW website for the Wanyama Safari and Dinner:

For men, the following dress code guidelines will apply during your dinner: khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts and collared shirts; sports coats are optional.
For women, the following dress code guidelines will apply during your dinner: capris, skirts, dresses, jeans and dress shorts.

How strict are we talking here? We'd usually be wearing jean or cargo shorts and T-shirts. I get that Jiko has a dress code but I can't imagine wearing pants, if it's a hot day, or a skirt or dress and then bouncing around in a safari truck!

Would we be ok with shorts and nice looking T-shirts?

I've done this twice and really enjoyed it. I did follow the dress code and noticed that everyone else on the tours did too. Note that dress shorts are also allowed so a skirt or dress is not required. There wont be very much "bouncing" on the truck for this tour - it's pretty much flat the entire way.

The following is listed on the WDW website for the Wanyama Safari and Dinner:

For men, the following dress code guidelines will apply during your dinner: khakis, slacks, jeans, dress shorts and collared shirts; sports coats are optional.
For women, the following dress code guidelines will apply during your dinner: capris, skirts, dresses, jeans and dress shorts.

How strict are we talking here? We'd usually be wearing jean or cargo shorts and T-shirts. I get that Jiko has a dress code but I can't imagine wearing pants, if it's a hot day, or a skirt or dress and then bouncing around in a safari truck!

Would we be ok with shorts and nice looking T-shirts?

For men, it says collared shirts - so T-shirts are not OK. Cargo shorts are not OK for either, as both specify dress shorts. Dress shorts and a polo shirt for men, dress shorts and a blouse for women - cool enough and formal enough.

Glad I asked! Sounds like the safari part isn't nearly as intense as I was worried it would be so our clothes won't get messed up. (Last time I did a safari like this was in San Diego in the hills and it bounced all over the place. Florida is flat- not hilly! Duh!)

Glad I asked! Sounds like the safari part isn't nearly as intense as I was worried it would be so our clothes won't get messed up. (Last time I did a safari like this was in San Diego in the hills and it bounced all over the place. Florida is flat- not hilly! Duh!)

The Safari is pretty bumby, it's not all flat

ROFL- I can't believe I didn't notice the bullet point under the dress code:
  • The following attire will not permitted in the dining room at Jiko – The Cooking Place: tank tops, swimwear, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs or torn clothing. While T-shirts are allowed, the policy remains that T-shirts with offensive language or graphics are not acceptable.
Sounds like it's a "please wear this but we'll only kick you out if violate this list" situation. But I'm glad I asked here so we don't feel weird compared to fellow guests! I think I'll stick to a light blouse & the boys can wear their collared Hawaiian shirts but I'm not gonna have to worry about what shorts anyone is wearing.

ROFL- I can't believe I didn't notice the bullet point under the dress code:
  • The following attire will not permitted in the dining room at Jiko – The Cooking Place: tank tops, swimwear, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs or torn clothing. While T-shirts are allowed, the policy remains that T-shirts with offensive language or graphics are not acceptable.
Sounds like it's a "please wear this but we'll only kick you out if violate this list" situation. But I'm glad I asked here so we don't feel weird compared to fellow guests! I think I'll stick to a light blouse & the boys can wear their collared Hawaiian shirts but I'm not gonna have to worry about what shorts anyone is wearing.

Make sure you guys go watch Indiana Jones

There's a few Disney restaurants where they have a "dress code"..but in general, whatever you wear for a regular day at the park is accepted. You won't be turned away. There's no need to get overdressed

I find that when we dress to the bottom specs of the dress-code at signature restaurants (it doesn't happen often) we end up in the section with people who dress to the bottom of the guidelines, or have unruly kids.

I imagine it's like showing up to pick up your date and she's wearing an evening gown and you're wearing your favorite "I'm with Stupid" T-shirt. One of you is disappointed at the beginning of the date and the other will be at the end.

The Wife and I wore park attire for the 3 Wanyamas we have been on, and the vast majority of folks on the tour with us did the same. Plan on doing the same in May. As long as you avoid the "not permitted" list your fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter