Want to plan an excursion for my kids.. give me ideas please!!!

shaynar

Mouseketeer
We'll be going to WDW in less than a month and I wanted to book a special activity for my two older boys. (For them to go on their own.) They will be 6 and 3 years old. Pirate Cruise adventure requires the kids to be 4 with no exceptions. Are there any other excursions I can book for them? Any ideas? This is on a non-park day. Thanks!

I agree with PP that there isn't much you can do for a 3 year old. However, depending on your resort, some of them have activities throughout the day that can accommodate his age and you don't need to be with him. Although, safety-wise, would he be able to handle it?

If he's with his older brother I don't have an issue at all. He's in school with kids all older than him, his birthday is just later on in the year. He'll be turning 4 a few months after the trip.
We're staying at AKL so I know they'll be tons to do. We are taking a couple off days to enjoy the resort already. The reason I'm looking into this is because DH is taking a morning "off" alone and I wasn't sure what to do with 3 boys by myself all morning! I thought letting go have a good time (and let me sit in quiet with the baby) would be a good compromise! LOL!

If he's with his older brother I don't have an issue at all. He's in school with kids all older than him, his birthday is just later on in the year. He'll be turning 4 a few months after the trip.
We're staying at AKL so I know they'll be tons to do. We are taking a couple off days to enjoy the resort already. The reason I'm looking into this is because DH is taking a morning "off" alone and I wasn't sure what to do with 3 boys by myself all morning! I thought letting go have a good time (and let me sit in quiet with the baby) would be a good compromise! LOL!

Sadly, I think you're out of luck. Just have DH pay you back with a spa treatment a different time during the trip ::yes::

Are you not going to a park at all that day? Because if you have a park ticket then I would take the boys to one of the parks and let them play in one of the playgrounds.

What about taking them over to Fort Wilderness? They have archery lessons, horseback riding, trails to walk, a different playground to play in.

Or for a ride on the monorail. Just do the loop a few times!

We'll be going to WDW in less than a month and I wanted to book a special activity for my two older boys. (For them to go on their own.) They will be 6 and 3 years old. Pirate Cruise adventure requires the kids to be 4 with no exceptions. Are there any other excursions I can book for them? Any ideas? This is on a non-park day. Thanks!

As others have said, there are no activities I am aware of that are for a 3 year old without an adult present. How about bringing them to Disney Quest for a few hours?

I was considering parks, but not sure i want to handle 3 kids and a stroller and our bags on the bus by myself!
I think my kids are too young for DQ.
I guess I'll just stick to the hotel and really max out the activities that they have there!

I was considering parks, but not sure i want to handle 3 kids and a stroller and our bags on the bus by myself!
I think my kids are too young for DQ.
I guess I'll just stick to the hotel and really max out the activities that they have there!

You could have your husband help you get to the parks before his time alone. Or you could take a cab.

My kids stayed for two hours at the Neverland Kids Club at the Polynesian and they loved it! Some three year olds might have separation anxiety at that age, but if yours does not then this might be a cool option. I think they have to be potty trained. The kids have dinner there and watch a movie, play games, color, etc. Other than that there is not much to do without an adult at that age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter