Want to earn $70 for 5 hours work every now and then to add to your Disney fund?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karalea said:
I live in SC on the Georgia/SC border. I have been doing events for SPi in Georgia. I have noticed on my checks that they are showing SC state taxes withheld and not Georgia. I am hoping this means at tax time I won't have to file in Georgia. I'm crossing my fingers and waiting to see what I get at year end.
Thanks Karalea. Have you ONLY done events in GA? None in SC?

Karalea said:
I live in SC on the Georgia/SC border. I have been doing events for SPi in Georgia. I have noticed on my checks that they are showing SC state taxes withheld and not Georgia. I am hoping this means at tax time I won't have to file in Georgia. I'm crossing my fingers and waiting to see what I get at year end.
I work in two different states & only have taxes taken out for my state of residence. Since you aren't working from a particular location but more like a contracted employee, my guess is that you only have to file in the state you are 'based' out of... after all if I traveled full time for my day job, I wouldn't pay or get taxed for the states I traveled to just because I worked there that week.

drgnfly30 said:
I work in two different states & only have taxes taken out for my state of residence. Since you aren't working from a particular location but more like a contracted employee, my guess is that you only have to file in the state you are 'based' out of... after all if I traveled full time for my day job, I wouldn't pay or get taxed for the states I traveled to just because I worked there that week.
I like that explanation. Thanks. :thumbsup2

Heads up... new Tassimo events are coming up for 11/19... and despite Tassimo.com saying that my Target is having one on 11/19, it's not coming up on ebooking... I don't think my 'stalker' snagged that one, they JUST came up...

Too funny.. There was nothing on the schedule to book for weeks and weeks , now they send out an email begging people to sign up for events for this weekend.
TONS of cities listed for Twin Cities Metro area for 10/21 and 10/28, I 'm already scheduled for events that were up over a month ago. (Airwash car freshener on 10/21 and Kashi entrees 10/28)

Don't understand why they waited until this week to post jobs. :confused3 It's a 4 day weekend for all MN schools, teacher's convention on Thursday and Friday. Most people have plans for family outings or short trips.

TMT left a message asking if I can do the Airwash event on Monday or Teusday, picking up a ST event this weekend. Hmmm.. tempting but it would mean another week of working every day without a break. Plus taking a table kit on the bus, transfer busses and lug it two blocks to the store.. no thanks!

I'm a glutton for punishment.. :rotfl: booked a Tassimo event on 11/19.
Yep folks.. another round of Tassimo! Different cities than the last round.

drgnfly30 said:
Heads up... new Tassimo events are coming up for 11/19... and despite Tassimo.com saying that my Target is having one on 11/19, it's not coming up on ebooking... I don't think my 'stalker' snagged that one, they JUST came up...

Gloutoning for punishment... just signed up for it... same target, hopefully a functional machine this goaround :rotfl2:

Picked it up and I am at the store closest to my house. Hey I can always bring my own if mine does not function again :woohoo: I signed up just so I could "dispose" of those left over disc

I booked Tassimo for 11/19 too. :thumbsup2 Different Target than usual -- VERY near the insurance agency I used to work at. ICK!!! I'll probably run into former customers & I've been trying to avoid that like the plague. Oh well.

AND DON'T FORGET TO WATCH AGAIN IN A FEW MORE DAYS FOR 12/17 LISTINGS according to Tassimo website. Just in time for all the mad Christmas shoppers (no parking spaces; pushing cart thru the snow in the parking lot; crowded aisles; tempers; maxed out credit cards......). Bet you all can't wait for that one. And with Xmas deliveries, will your kit even arrive on time. LOL I DON'T go near stores on weekends in December, you think I'm gonna work? :rotfl2:

AND, I broke down & booked the 10/29 3M cleaning crap event at Walmart. (yuck)

And still deciding on 10/28 MaryKate & Ashley Perfume & Makeup. (yuck too)

Can't decide which I hate more....cleaning events or makeup events. :teeth:

ldb1030 said:
I emailed MC so we'll see what the say! If I don't get a reply, I'll call them. Always fun to try and get a LIVE person! :rolleyes:
I still don't get anything when I check for events. Since they are with them until Oct. 30th, I may not see anything for awhile?! :confused3 :sad2:
Where in Kansas are you? KC area?
I work in Topeka and Lawrence and I'm with TMT.

ldb1030 said:
This email is to let everyone know that as of Oct 30,2006 we will no longer be doing Mass Connections events, they have chosen to terminate our contract. Please contiune to do your event if you are booked on one. No we have no ideal why or who they are giving the events to. So please do not reply to this email or call us asking for there number. Please understand I am very upset about this and I really appericate everyone doing such a great job.!!!
Thank you
Bobbie Reid / President
All About Events Inc #1685

Should I go back to snagajob and see if they can place me with another agency???? :confused3 :sad2:

i didn't get that e-mail. when was it sent???? no wonder no new events i better get paid for my last event maybe i'll try another agency i found online. hopefully i will get the e-mail shortly.

SplshMtn99 said:
AND, I broke down & booked the 10/29 3M cleaning crap event at Walmart. (yuck)
Me too... DH told me that if we don't finish Mom's painting on that Friday, he'd go alone on Sunday to finish up :love: so I could book an event.. I was going to do the Dove/Lipton at Target since it was only 4 hrs & a sampling event.. but when I went to book it... Gone... so I'm stuck with the ScotchBrite one... oh well... :rolleyes: Did you see the instructions though.. if that 4 way display isn't up or can't be located it's a No-Go... I can see this coming! :rolleyes1

I just had a thought and wondered if any of you have pondered this same question...:scratchin
...I wonder how much my agencies employees make per hour? You know, the people that never have time to return our calls or e-mails. The ones that never have an answer other than "just go with it." You know, they have to know how much we get. And what exactly do they do all day that keeps them so busy? I know they don't list the events, that comes from MC.

OK my next check is up on ADP so it looks like I'm back on a weekly schedule which is a good thing... My $24 shortage is there, even better... But I got shorted $8 on my Kotex event :confused3 What's up with that, isnt $8 the online booking amount? I booked online so I have no idea what it could be... here we go again!

Thanks for the tips on the rolling cart and the cooking events. That helps alot. I do have an older rolling suitcase I was going to throw out, it will be perfect for this!

Thanks for the heads up on Tassimo, got one at a Target not far from me so I'm thrilled. That's 3 upcoming events...then I take a break for our cruise!!! :cool1: I expect to have a nice check or two after we come home, just in time for Christmas hopefully!

BUT...what's the deal with Tassimo...is this a very difficult event??? And who don't you guys like cleaning ones? The 3M one doesn't seem terribly exciting but I don't see where it will be bad...give me the scoop please!

Coleen

Well I got a couple of more to do for Nov... I really hope I can handle it... I have tassimo and CHoxie, Sierra Mist Cranberry.... Bertolli Frozen Dinners, and Kon New Zealand Mussels... All are at Super Targets except one... hopefully they will know what to do when I get there since I haven't done this before...
Hopefully I can save my money to pay for Disney, So far whenever I get a little extra money it has to go to something else....
hope everyone has a great day!!!

Bren's Mom said:
And who don't you guys like cleaning ones? The 3M one doesn't seem terribly exciting but I don't see where it will be bad...give me the scoop please!

Just got an e-mail that the 3M event was cancelled by the client. Oh well!

They are just B-O-R-I-N-G!!

I just checked my email & don't have any cancellation & it's still booked on ebooking... :confused3

I'm still getting nothing. Does SPi list Pennsylvania events? Any for stores in Monaca, Moon Township, Beaver Falls, Beaver, Cranberry?

momof2inPA said:
I'm still getting nothing. Does SPi list Pennsylvania events? Any for stores in Monaca, Moon Township, Beaver Falls, Beaver, Cranberry?
Yes... I'll PM you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter