Want to earn $70 for 5 hours work every now and then to add to your Disney fund?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Wendy!!!!!

I am so glad you are in!!! Super Targets are really nice they do have everything there!! Not to be nosey you can PM because if it is the ST that I think you are talking about there will be a Demo Captain and she will explain everything to you!!

:Pinkbounc Finally got my 2nd paycheck today in the mail! Could be my last paycheck as I STILL have no events listed!! :sad2:

drgnfly30 said:
HEADS UP!!! I just booked three of the WINE events!!! 11/17, 11/18 & 11/25... You have to pass a quiz to remain booked.. :thumbsup2 (hint... all the answers are in the pdf document in the link)!!

So do you have to be a wine drinker to do this event? Do people actully get to test the wine?

No wine here yet either. And I do have wine checked off in my portfolio. What kind of stores are they at?

Microwave / toaster oven question.....

I was just looking thru some of the "display contest" winners on the Staying Connected site (after you log-in). First of all..... I don't see anything all that great about a couple of them...but that's besides the point.

I will be doing my first microwave event soon. In the photos shown of the winners, it struck me odd that the microwaves are facing forwards. I don't know, but for some reason, I was thinking the front of the microwave would be facing ME at the back of the table. I agree it looks better facing forward & I suppose I would stand at the side of the table. But then I would need to step in front of the table to cut up or prep food???? :confused3

Which way do you do your microwave or toaster oven?

From a conversation DH had with Alan At TMT .. the LOD has no say in if you should stay or go when having a product issue.
The contracts are set up with the parent company, vendors and MC... MC does not get paid unless a demo person stays for the contracted time, thus our agency has the right to cut pay.

If it happens again, ask LOD for another product, stay at store and discuss selling points (I know it's a drag.. very boring), if it becomes a real issue call your agency to help you out. They have the right to kick you out if you are disruptive.. but not for doing your job and carrying out what needs to be done by terms of the contract between MC and Target as a company.

SplshMtn99 said:
Microwave / toaster oven question.....

I was just looking thru some of the "display contest" winners on the Staying Connected site (after you log-in). First of all..... I don't see anything all that great about a couple of them...but that's besides the point.

I will be doing my first microwave event soon. In the photos shown of the winners, it struck me odd that the microwaves are facing forwards. I don't know, but for some reason, I was thinking the front of the microwave would be facing ME at the back of the table. I agree it looks better facing forward & I suppose I would stand at the side of the table. But then I would need to step in front of the table to cut up or prep food???? :confused3

Which way do you do your microwave or toaster oven?

I face it towards me. I place my "hot" signage and an empty product box to cover the back of the microwave/toaster.

I don't trust people to leave a toaster oven alone if facing out to them.

Today I was baking mini quiche. A lady popped up behind/to the side of me and grabbed a HOT quiche straight off my toaster oven tray that I had just brought out. I looked at her like she was nuts and said "please don't do that" and she said she couldn't see the samples on the table. :rolleyes1 Yeah, couldn't see the 4 other sample trays on table and the couple standing there with quiche in hand listening to my selling points.

I also have people ignore the samples on napkins or portion cups and reach across to grab from a cutting board. Touching three samples along the way.. gee I'm wearing gloves for your protection, guess you want to share your gersm with the next three people?? :sad2:

Or when people grab it, change their mind and put it back, ew!

funnygarcia said:
I face it towards me. I place my "hot" signage and an empty product box to cover the back of the microwave/toaster.

I don't trust people to leave a toaster oven alone if facing out to them.

Today I was baking mini quiche. A lady popped up behind/to the side of me and grabbed a HOT quiche straight off my toaster oven tray that I had just brought out.
I looked at her like she was nuts and said "please don't do that" and she said she couldn't see the samples on the table.
Yeah you can't see what's there if you don't walk around to the front of the table. :rolleyes1

I also have people ignore the samples on napkins or portion cups and reach across to grab from a cutting board. Touching three samples along the way.. gee I'm wearing gloves for your protection, guess you want to share your gersm with the next three people??
Into the garbage goes the samples.
Or when people grab it, change their mind and put it back.. hey buddy if you touch it's yours! :sad2:

Ok, I was thinking along the same lines then. Maybe they just faced microwave toward customer then for the photo only.

Oh & I hate the "take it / put it back" people. :rolleyes: I pitch it in the trash right in front of them so they get it. :confused3

Haven't had anyone reach to cutting board yet though. Geesh.

ldb1030 said:
So do you have to be a wine drinker to do this event? Do people actully get to test the wine?
"Wine Enthusiast"... I like some wines but not most... but it looks like they provide enough material so that if I study I'll be fine!
splshmtn99 said:
What kind of stores are they at?
Liquor stores (privately owned around here)... we don't sell beer/wine in grocery stores & don't have state/abc stores... so YMMV......

BTW I just booked another one on 12/16 this morning....

Ok, why is it that I have an event tomorrow at 8:00 am and I still cannot download instructions or a report form. Of course I emailed them last friday and no response :confused3 Taylor used to be quick about responding to things but lately that has been questionable.

drgnfly30 said:
"Wine Enthusiast"... I like some wines but not most... but it looks like they provide enough material so that if I study I'll be fine!

Liquor stores (privately owned around here)... we don't sell beer/wine in grocery stores & don't have state/abc stores... so YMMV......

BTW I just booked another one on 12/16 this morning....

You are booking for December already?? I have nothing for Oct. and Nov. let alone Dec.! I have emailed twice about what is going on and of course, no answer! Maybe All About Events is no longer in business??? :furious:

This email is to let everyone know that as of Oct 30,2006 we will no longer be doing Mass Connections events, they have chosen to terminate our contract. Please contiune to do your event if you are booked on one. No we have no ideal why or who they are giving the events to. So please do not reply to this email or call us asking for there number. Please understand I am very upset about this and I really appericate everyone doing such a great job.!!!
Thank you
Bobbie Reid / President
All About Events Inc #1685

Should I go back to snagajob and see if they can place me with another agency???? :confused3 :sad2:

Oh wow Lisa, yes go to snag a job and try again. Have you done a search on ServCorp, PromoWorks, Sunflower, Always-In-store? I am so sorry but my scheduler who use to book for Mass Connection but now has a contract for PromoWorks said that about 2 yrs ago they did the same thing to them. Aww, Lisa I know how patient you have been and wanted to do this!!! That is why alot of the veteran demoers sign up with multiple agencies.

funnygarcia said:
From a conversation DH had with Alan At TMT .. the LOD has no say in if you should stay or go when having a product issue.
The contracts are set up with the parent company, vendors and MC... MC does not get paid unless a demo person stays for the contracted time, thus our agency has the right to cut pay.

Good to know. They should have had different instructions for the Archer Farms bars, then, but oh well.

Did anyone else get shorted in pay for 9/23 and 9/24? One was hamburger helper and fruity cheerios, the other was Caribou and broccoli. They paid my $12 an hour instead of $14, and I booked it online and ran it for 6 hours.

Nothing to book here through Mass Connections, but a lady from another company called me to do a $10/hour job for a couple weekdays during my kids' school hours.

ldb1030 said:
I guess in 2 events I've done, I've never had to ask the lead what they wanted me to do. Just different directions for different events I guess.
I was not saying to argue w/ the manager or do something the company did not want you to do. I just thought they told her to go home because you ran out of product and I did not realize your directions said that.

The directions were different from any of the other events and very specific. The whole situation bothered me, but oh well, it's just one little event.

The good news is my checks have been coming in on time, and I just deposited $280 in the bank and $50 in my vacation fund.

ldb1030 said:
This email is to let everyone know that as of Oct 30,2006 we will no longer be doing Mass Connections events, they have chosen to terminate our contract. Please contiune to do your event if you are booked on one. No we have no ideal why or who they are giving the events to. So please do not reply to this email or call us asking for there number. Please understand I am very upset about this and I really appericate everyone doing such a great job.!!!
Thank you
Bobbie Reid / President

Should I go back to snagajob and see if they can place me with another agency???? :confused3 :sad2:

Jeepers. Sorry about your company and wondering about mine, because there is NOTHING to book.

MaMa3Princess said:
Oh wow Lisa, yes go to snag a job and try again. Have you done a search on ServCorp, PromoWorks, Sunflower, Always-In-store? I am so sorry but my scheduler who use to book for Mass Connection but now has a contract for PromoWorks said that about 2 yrs ago they did the same thing to them. Aww, Lisa I know how patient you have been and wanted to do this!!! That is why alot of the veteran demoers sign up with multiple agencies.

I did sign up with promoworks but have not heard anything back!
I have emailed snagajob an MC to see if they can give me any information!?
Who knows how often they read the emails!
Thanks for all your leads, I'll see what happens and keep you posted!

ldb1030 said:
Thank you
Bobbie Reid / President

Hi Lisa -
I am with All About Events and got the same e-mail this morning. I would wait and see what happens. When I started this, I was with PMI and their contract was terminated and all their areas were given to All About Events (this was in August). I would think that now that All About Events has been terminated, Mass Connections will assign all us Event Personnel to another agency. When they were making the transistion I could not log onto e-booking for about a week but I did keep my log-on number/password. I have to say this is a PITA to keep switching around... I have not booked an event in two months though between the agencies changing, there were a few events in my area in September that I would have loved but they all the same weekend...the weekend we were leaving for our Disney vacation. Since I have been back, there has been NOTHING. Now I guess I know why...

Lisa0503 said:
Hi Lisa -
I am with All About Events and got the same e-mail this morning. I would wait and see what happens. When I started this, I was with PMI and their contract was terminated and all their areas were given to All About Events (this was in August). I would think that now that All About Events has been terminated, Mass Connections will assign all us Event Personnel to another agency. When they were making the transistion I could not log onto e-booking for about a week but I did keep my log-on number/password. I have to say this is a PITA to keep switching around... I have not booked an event in two months though between the agencies changing, there were a few events in my area in September that I would have loved but they all the same weekend...the weekend we were leaving for our Disney vacation. Since I have been back, there has been NOTHING. Now I guess I know why...

We'll keep each other posted I guess! This is a total bummer but yes, now we know why we have not had any events posted.......glad I have my 2 paychecks from them before all this started! I just don't want to have to get all that personal info/notorized papers for another company so I hope they just switch it and let us know what do to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter