Walt Disney World RIVER COUNTRY - ABANDONED !

brandanobash

Earning My Ears
hello dis boards! im new! but anyways i found this video of what river country is now. and its a must watch! here are my questions about the video
1. why is the music still playing after ten years?
2. why is the bathroom and water fountains still have fresh water?
3. how did the guy get in the river country without getting caught?
4. why do they keep the lights on?
here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4JwgmPEIDQ

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

1. I'm pretty sure the music that is playing is NOT the music for River County. I think it might be for Mickey's Backyard BBQ or Hoop Dee Doo Review. Also if you will notice the further he gets into River Country you can not hear the music anymore.
2.If you will notice the water fountain is on the outside of the BIG GREEN fence. So it is my assumption this area is not blocked off to the public. As far as the bathrooms that his friend is coming out of who knows if they really work or if Adam was just joking when he siad his friend used the bathroom.
3. He claims that the gate was unlocked so he and his friend just walked right on it. They also went at dusk I guess a lesser chance of getting caught.
4. I think it is cheaper for Disney to leave the lights on than it would be to go through all the trouble to turn them off.

I will be there in less than 2 weeks and I plan on doing some exploring of my own since we will be staying at Fort Wilderness. I probably won't be brave enough to go over the fence but no harm in looking through it! :)

I hope that helps.:thumbsup2

it's right next to the backyard bbq pavilion, but a solid green fence makes it hard to see in

there were no lights on after dark and no music was coming from the area

1. I'm pretty sure the music that is playing is NOT the music for River County. I think it might be for Mickey's Backyard BBQ or Hoop Dee Doo Review. Also if you will notice the further he gets into River Country you can not hear the music anymore.
2.If you will notice the water fountain is on the outside of the BIG GREEN fence. So it is my assumption this area is not blocked off to the public. As far as the bathrooms that his friend is coming out of who knows if they really work or if Adam was just joking when he siad his friend used the bathroom.
3. He claims that the gate was unlocked so he and his friend just walked right on it. They also went at dusk I guess a lesser chance of getting caught.
4. I think it is cheaper for Disney to leave the lights on than it would be to go through all the trouble to turn them off.

I will be there in less than 2 weeks and I plan on doing some exploring of my own since we will be staying at Fort Wilderness. I probably won't be brave enough to go over the fence but no harm in looking through it! :)

I hope that helps.:thumbsup2
if you do check it out tell me what you see! and thanks for your thoughts on the questions

A few years ago you could just easily walk into River Country. There was an open area by where the ticket booth was. We walked in a few feet but chickened out because we didn't know if security would be around. We could see some lights on and some restrooms that looked to be in good shape from the outside. It seemed to be dark looking toward the pool area.

When we checked it out the Backyard BBQ was going and there was a lot of noise from that direction.

Apparently this is what this Adam guy did. He filmed this video last year. Fingers crossed the gate is still open! ;)

I would think they had to keep lights on for safety. Even though no one was supposed to be there some people (as evident by the video) do go in to restricted areas.

Haven't they now started leveling the area?

I guess I will find that out in a couple weeks! As far as I know they haven't done anything to it yet.

i might check it out in november but im not too surprised about how they left the lights on. the lights are still on in the old discovery island.

I'd be more scared an alligator might find me than security...that place looks creepy

hello dis boards! im new! but anyways i found this video of what river country is now. and its a must watch! here are my questions about the video
1. why is the music still playing after ten years?
2. why is the bathroom and water fountains still have fresh water?
3. how did the guy get in the river country without getting caught?
4. why do they keep the lights on?
here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4JwgmPEIDQ

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK!

2. The bathrooms that the guy is coming out of are outside the fenced-off area, they are actually attached to the Backyard BBQ pavilion, and are obviously fully functioning. However, when you use them, it is very clear from their design that they were once part of the water park.

Yes at the 45 second mark they are in public areas that at one time were part of River Country but no more.

Also at 1:16 and and 1:22 the cuts make it look like he is in the fenced off area but he isn't he is still in the public areas. In fact I'm pretty sure the camera is on a stick looking over a fence.

Its only at 1:45 or so that they walk in, er break in, to the area.

As for the music well you can't stop the music from spilling over into the fenced off area.

Is it really breaking in if there is an opening into the area and no signs saying to keep out? There might be signs now of course but if not I'm not clear if that is actually breaking in.

IMHO I think these guys are not very smart. Like someone else posted. Did they even think about alligators. What about snakes? Not to mention there seem to be a lot of shelters and play areas rotting and falling apart and they could have been hurt. Also, not very smart to go inside a restricted area and actually show your face on the video. Duh!! Sorry but I can't stand when people do stuff like that, it's just stupid but again that's my opinion and every body has one.

Is it really breaking in if there is an opening into the area and no signs saying to keep out? There might be signs now of course but if not I'm not clear if that is actually breaking in.

It's obvious you are not supposed to be there. Ok let's just call it trespassing.

Yet another example of the stellar intellectual credentials of some YouTube posters.

I agree it is probably a bit unsafe and there probably is a gator or two and some snakes that make River Country there home now. However, I guess some people think that if there is not a no tresspassing sign and the gate is unlocked, why not. I will admit I would LOVE to go exploring in River Country, just somehthing that seems cools to explore an abandoned place. I will be there in a couple weeks and plan on doing some exploring but mine will be done looking through the fence and maybe over the fence. I probably won't be brave enough to "break in" I don't see any harm in looking through the fence. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter