• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wait Times 400mins!!!

My friend (who's a CM at AK) posted a screen grab on Facebook this morning showing the 400 minute wait. I said "HELL NO!"

I won't get into any ride queue if the wait time is showing more than 20 minutes. Just not worth wasting that much time. I could spend that time in Nomad Lounge sipping on some wine.

I'll just get a FP+ or skip it if I can't. I've been to WDW every year for the last four years and don't see that ending anytime soon, so I'll just do it next time.

20-25 minutes. I'm sure the new attractions are great but there are too many other favorites for me to experience to hang around standing in line. I'll see 'em someday. :earsboy:

Depends on the time of year. If it's already busy and I have prepared by myself for long waits, 60 minutes would seem normal. But more than that, probably not.

I wouldn't be able to handle waiting more than maybe an hour tops for a ride but, Lord willing I plan to be back again very soon, and know I can catch it the next time.

I am going to take the view of someone who is at WDW right now... your typical family, there on vacation. I am guessing most people are not like those on this forum, taking multiple trips to WDW over the years. If you saved for a long time to take the trip to Disney, and chances are you know you won't be back for quite awhile, if ever, you will wait in a really long line if that was your only chance to ride that ride.

400 minutes? 6 hours? has to be a glitch
We where there this past weekend. We made rope drop and waited maybe 20 min. By the time we got off it was a 300 min wait and the line was all the way to the side entrance towards the dawa bar. So no I don't think it's a glitch.

I waited 1 hr 50 and 2 hr 10 minutes the two times I rode FoP and 1 hr 30 for the river ride.I would be willing to do another 2 hr wait for FoP cause I really enjoyed the ride,I wouldn't go more than that cause given that since I've already waited twice I can do it again,waiting over 2 hours would be really annoying especially since you already know what's coming.For the boat ride I wouldn't wait more than 30 minutes,its nice but we all agreed the 90 minute wait we did for it was not worth it,next time I ride it it has to be 30 or under.

With a wait time like that how do you handle bathroom breaks? Are rest rooms built into the queue? I can't imagine waiting that long sure 90 or so for a new ride but after that I'd feel as if I wasted my time in line. Certinally if you are planning on a ride like that bring a game you can play in line :)

With wait times showing as much as 400 minutes for Flight of Passgae on the MDE app. I was curious as to what peoples limit was on wait times and what rides they would be prepared to wait a significant amount of time for?

The most I have waited is 40 minutes. That was for the nighttime Safari ride when they re-introduced it last year. That was worth the wait. Normally 20-25 minute is my max. However, I feel like if I lived in the area and had an Annual Pass I would wait longer for rides, not 400 minutes though. Maybe 45 mins to an hour if were an AP holder.

Most I can do is about 30 minutes, if it's really busy and something I just have to do maybe I could stand around for an hour... although the last time I did an hour was pre-smart phones so maybe now I could do an hour and not be quite as miserable.

45 minutes for a favorite ride and decreasing from there. There are so many other things to do and see that there is no reason to wait any longer than that to me.

45 minutes is our usual limit, for something new my limit would be 2 hours. As others have said, there is so much to do! However, at the same time we have visited frequently enough that we have seen so much, that if someone really wants to wait in a 90 minute line I don't feel as if I'm missing out on other things - they will be there next time.

30 to 35 minutes is tops for me. I would rather ride something less cool but with a shorter line then wait for that long.

The longest I remember waiting was an hour for test track one year, and that was because fastpasses were out. The longest I've ever waited for any ride anywhere was an hour and a half for a coaster at the local Six flags.

The most I'm comfortable with on average is probably 40 minutes max, and hopefully the queue is interesting haha

I once waited 13 hours to be up front on the floor at a U2 concert...

I'd wait 5 minutes for Fern Gully with Aliens.
My friend for some ridiculous reason got to a dropkick murphys show 6 hours before doors open to be upfront (there was no one else to fight for it with lol). Was a good show though

With wait times showing as much as 400 minutes for Flight of Passgae on the MDE app. I was curious as to what peoples limit was on wait times and what rides they would be prepared to wait a significant amount of time for?
We went the first week MGM opened and the shortest wait time was 1 hour 45 minutes for the monster sound show. and the longest was almost 3 hours for the Backlot tour.

30 minutes is our normal limit. For the first time on a new ride, I'd stretch that out to an hour.

The longest I waited was in the days of regular FP at the end of June. I got FP for bTMRR with a return time in two hours, then got in the two hour line for Splash. I told myself I was waiting in both lines at the same time. The next longest line for me was the first time I had been to MK in 30 years. I had already done every other attraction I wanted to do except Space. I wanted to go back to the resort, rather than waiting 3 hours for the FP window, so I got in the 70 minute line. I don't think it actually took the full time though. I have also waited an hour for PP when it didn't have FP. It is one of my favorite rides at WDW. I can see waiting an hour for many rides, maybe a little longer. It just depends on the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter