• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wait a minute, I'm 40, when did this happen? Nicki & Todd LIVE reviews! Completed!

Nicki, I knew I probably wouldn't have time to comment, but I did manage to read along as promised! Some great reports and scrumptious food! :love: Can't wait to try some new things you shared that look so good!!! :yay:

Best trip ever, huh? That sure is putting up a high bar to exceed, but................

all things considered, I wouldn't be surprised if you are correct!!! ::yes::

Hope you guys have a great time together :thumbsup2 (like there is any chance you won't) and that all the surprises work out perfectly!!! :goodvibes

Hi Marv! So glad you enjoyed the reviews! Yes Dec is DEF going to be an epic trip, whenever Kathy and I get together we have a blast, you should see us in action, we are nuts :rotfl:

Awesome updates! I love your reviews. Can't wait to hear about the next one..its so soon!

I cant wait to write the next one!

That pizza is huge! I can't believe that Todd almost ate the whole thing. It does look good though. Enjoy the December trip with the whole gang and we'll enjoy your reviews! Thanks for sharing your trip with us here on the Disboards!!!!! :)

You would not believe how much that boy can eat :rolleyes1

Loved the report, Nicki! I've taken lots of notes for our next trip (in 58 days... New Years Eve here we come!). We have 12/31 dinner resv at Via Napoli, and I hope to be able to check out Tutto Gusto at some point during the day. Kinda hoping word doesn't get out very much about that one. ;)

Your Todd has mad Jedi walk-up skills, for certain. :rotfl2: He never ceases to amaze.

Can't wait for your next adventure!

Thank you! Hope you have a wonderful trip! Todd thinks he is so smart, he does have something figured out though because it works like a charm!

Great reviews Nicki! I just now am getting caught up on threads here and loved reading every minute of it.

Plus it was really nice to meet you and Todd. I was hoping to run into you and say "HI". Too bad you weren't able to try the Blueberry Martini. It was very good. We will be back down to Disney in about 75 days. Will probably get another then.

Also, reading through your report, we were at the same parks like all the time. I did see Todd while at DHS, we were also there at RD, sitting down and it was freezing that day. I couldn't believe it. Brrrrrrr.

Well, until your next report. . . . . . Happy Eating! :thumbsup2

Hi Chris! It was so great bumping into you, how wa your meal at Bongo's? Did you get the rum? :lmao:

Wish we ran into each other again, next trip maybe:cool1:

Loved the reviews - thank you so much for taking the time to do them! :woohoo: Only possible complaint would be that they didn't go on forever..... :laughing:

You are so welcome, thanks for reading them! I wish they could go on forever but I need to win the lotto to do that :thumbsup2

Thanks again for a wonderful dining review !!Of course the Todd and you conversations are inspiring !!!!!:rotfl2:

Glad you enjoyed it Rosie!

So I am ridiculously late to the party but I have finally caught up with your awesome reviews
Loved every second (as always) and you've given me lots of ideas for my next trip :)
Thanks so much for taking the time to do this - just wonderful :)

Hi Linda! Hope all is well with you, when are you going back to WDW?

Nicki...as always...wonderful reviews! You guys hit some fantastic restaurants! I love the luck of your husband with those walk ups! Your pictures are great, especially the ones of you two! Enjoy your next vacation...we don't have one planned yet, so I will have to live vicariously through you! I'm also up in the Boston area so I am sure that Via Napoli pizza makes you feel a little of the North End love!

Thank you so much! I warned Todd ahead of time that we are going to take lots of pictures, hey it took over 100 to get just a dozen that looks good ;) I so miss the North End, I could eat there every day all day!

I have no idea how I managed to miss this party!!! But as always, your reviews were phenomenal. And you've given me some items to add to my "must try" list.

At least you found them lol! Hope you enjoy these places as much as we did

Hi Linda! Hope all is well with you, when are you going back to WDW?

All is well in chilly London town!
Well, I was hoping to get back to WDW in November next year (doing a Disney Cruise in the Summer) but my boss has just informed me that November is a no-go for time off work :crazy2:
Gonna have to work some magic on him pixiedust:

Nicki - we loved Bongo's. Absolutely delish! I had the cuban steak with black beans and rice. Yummmmmm. And no for the rum drinks. I happened to get a margarita. In fact, 2 of them! :cool1: This wasn't our first time to eat there and it definitely won't be our last. :goodvibes

I finally had a chance to read all your reviews! It makes me want to go back to WDW and just SNACK!!

Your Todd has amazing MoJo for getting a table when none are available!!

You guys are so cute and got a lot of Photopass pics. I had planned to get a bunch but most didn't come out very well. That's what I get for per-ordering the Photopass+ :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear about your next dining adventures!

I loved reading your review of the last meal of the trip - Via Napoli! Since we first went there a few trips back we have NOT MISSED another chance to eat here! Glad to hear that it met expectation and that no slices of the pie were wasted! Sounds like a lovely snack while driving - a reminder of WDW!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your and KatMark's December surprise for Mark! That should be a ton of fun!

Take care!

Spent a delightful morning catching up on your trip. I am in awe of your hubby's Anthony Bourdain style mojo!! :faint: :worship:

Congrats on your milestone birthday and getting to spend it at the happiest place on earth! :)

Thanks for taking the time to do these reviews... looking forward to your next trip already! :upsidedow

I have a lot to say.... prepare for this to be long :faint:

First of all... I am a WHOLE MONTH late, and I'm embarrassed--it's been YEARS since I've missed a dining PTR or TR from you! I guess since we've moved here (2 miles from Hollywood Studios ::yes::) and aren't planning as much.... I'm not stalking the boards like normal. Better late than never... I'm here!

*I love the shrimp at Citricos... possibly because I'm not a huge feta fan and you're right--it's not a lot. Sad you didn't like it--but glad it hasn't changed, lol.

*The Maya Grill will need to go on our list. Soon.

*I can't forgive R&C for taking away the Sunday Roast.

*I went to F/W at least twice per week, and I FORGOT to get the Belvedere Apple Tea until I just saw your picture. It was on my list, but I got wrapped up with too many Soju Slushies and Torched Cherry Slushies. I work 12-9 tomorrow and there's no possible way to get there :(

*I love the YC... I'm jealous, I miss it, but I'm having a hard time justifying staying since we're less than 10 minutes away, and the doggy would be alone :(

*Ugh... don't like Teppan Edo. Lots of other hibachi options that give you more, and better, for less. I think we've been over this before, but I feel like it needed to be said again, lol.

*Now that we're here, and are at the parks more, we're exploring more counter service (since we're not slamming 90 restaurants into a week's vacation)---DH is now hooked on the Taco Salads--and I get the kids burger :)

*Neither one of us have ever had a WDW cupcake. Odd?

*Todd's walkup luck never ceases to amaze me. It's insanity!!!

*Well I'm glad you had a fantastic trip!!! Happy Belated Birthday!! Can't wait to read the next report!!!!

All is well in chilly London town!
Well, I was hoping to get back to WDW in November next year (doing a Disney Cruise in the Summer) but my boss has just informed me that November is a no-go for time off work :crazy2:
Gonna have to work some magic on him pixiedust:

A Disney Cruise! Oh how I want to do that sooo very much! Enjoy it! We might not go in February either...depends on how busy we are at work..the busier we are the more I can go ;)

Nicki - we loved Bongo's. Absolutely delish! I had the cuban steak with black beans and rice. Yummmmmm. And no for the rum drinks. I happened to get a margarita. In fact, 2 of them! :cool1: This wasn't our first time to eat there and it definitely won't be our last. :goodvibes

Glad you enjoyed it too! First time for us but we will for sure eat there again, the steak was incredible!

I finally had a chance to read all your reviews! It makes me want to go back to WDW and just SNACK!!

Your Todd has amazing MoJo for getting a table when none are available!!

You guys are so cute and got a lot of Photopass pics. I had planned to get a bunch but most didn't come out very well. That's what I get for per-ordering the Photopass+ :rotfl:

Can't wait to hear about your next dining adventures!

I want to go to WDW and just snack right now, I am missing cupcakes! Todd has the magic touch for sure, hopefully it doesnt tarnish :rotfl2: Kathy and I are doing the PP cd next month, hopefully we will have great pictures then too!

I loved reading your review of the last meal of the trip - Via Napoli! Since we first went there a few trips back we have NOT MISSED another chance to eat here! Glad to hear that it met expectation and that no slices of the pie were wasted! Sounds like a lovely snack while driving - a reminder of WDW!

I'm looking forward to hearing about your and KatMark's December surprise for Mark! That should be a ton of fun!

Take care!

Via Napoli is da bomb isnt it? I do not want to miss it either, its just wonderful and we have the worst pizza ever in Naples Florida. December will be EPIC for sure...just a few more weeks! Hope all is well with you and your "twin" daughter!

Spent a delightful morning catching up on your trip. I am in awe of your hubby's Anthony Bourdain style mojo!! :faint: :worship:

Congrats on your milestone birthday and getting to spend it at the happiest place on earth! :)

Thanks for taking the time to do these reviews... looking forward to your next trip already! :upsidedow

Glad you enjoyed them! Todd is just one lucky man, he caught me after all :thumbsup2

40 was a piece of cake, although Disney helped alot...still hard to believe that I am that old...do not feel it one bit! By this time next month I will be doing the December reviews...cannot wait!

I have a lot to say.... prepare for this to be long :faint:

First of all... I am a WHOLE MONTH late, and I'm embarrassed--it's been YEARS since I've missed a dining PTR or TR from you! I guess since we've moved here (2 miles from Hollywood Studios ::yes::) and aren't planning as much.... I'm not stalking the boards like normal. Better late than never... I'm here!

*I love the shrimp at Citricos... possibly because I'm not a huge feta fan and you're right--it's not a lot. Sad you didn't like it--but glad it hasn't changed, lol.

*The Maya Grill will need to go on our list. Soon.

*I can't forgive R&C for taking away the Sunday Roast.

*I went to F/W at least twice per week, and I FORGOT to get the Belvedere Apple Tea until I just saw your picture. It was on my list, but I got wrapped up with too many Soju Slushies and Torched Cherry Slushies. I work 12-9 tomorrow and there's no possible way to get there :(

*I love the YC... I'm jealous, I miss it, but I'm having a hard time justifying staying since we're less than 10 minutes away, and the doggy would be alone :(

*Ugh... don't like Teppan Edo. Lots of other hibachi options that give you more, and better, for less. I think we've been over this before, but I feel like it needed to be said again, lol.

*Now that we're here, and are at the parks more, we're exploring more counter service (since we're not slamming 90 restaurants into a week's vacation)---DH is now hooked on the Taco Salads--and I get the kids burger :)

*Neither one of us have ever had a WDW cupcake. Odd?

*Todd's walkup luck never ceases to amaze me. It's insanity!!!

*Well I'm glad you had a fantastic trip!!! Happy Belated Birthday!! Can't wait to read the next report!!!!

Hi girl! How are you?? Hope all is well! No worries about being late to the party, important thing is you are here!

How do you like living so close to WDW? Do you get over to the parks and resorts often? Do you miss staying onsite lol

As much as I love Citrico's I wasn’t thrilled with that dish, wish I ordered something different. Maya Grill was outstanding, def will eat there again, it was just a wonderful experience

Todd was looking forward to the roast at R&C but he did enjoy that shephards pie…menus change so often it is hard to keep up with it

I do not like Teppan Edo either, has nothing to do with the food but the small quantity of it and I do not like to leave a TS place still hungry! We are eating there again in Dec and this time I will order the filet, hopefully that will fill me up

That taco salad was excellent! We have been known to order kids meals a lot and they are very good and filling too!

My hubby was getting a swelled head at all the luck he had this trip! Next time we go I am not making one reservation, not a single one! Let him do all the work for a change lol

Hi nicki!
Thank you for an amazing report! I have been in lurking for a long time because this summer We found out that DS -2 has the peanut allergy and he can't have many of the sweets... It makes me a little sad....but the other options are so amazing - it just gives us more of an excuse to try more TS.
We have finalized for Feb for DH's 40th bday trip and we are pumped to try Bongos!
You are always so fabulous and helped me out so much for our trip last year. Thank you for everything!
Sharyn

Hi girl! How are you?? Hope all is well! No worries about being late to the party, important thing is you are here!

How do you like living so close to WDW? Do you get over to the parks and resorts often? Do you miss staying onsite lol

As much as I love Citrico's I wasn’t thrilled with that dish, wish I ordered something different. Maya Grill was outstanding, def will eat there again, it was just a wonderful experience

Todd was looking forward to the roast at R&C but he did enjoy that shephards pie…menus change so often it is hard to keep up with it

I do not like Teppan Edo either, has nothing to do with the food but the small quantity of it and I do not like to leave a TS place still hungry! We are eating there again in Dec and this time I will order the filet, hopefully that will fill me up

That taco salad was excellent! We have been known to order kids meals a lot and they are very good and filling too!

My hubby was getting a swelled head at all the luck he had this trip! Next time we go I am not making one reservation, not a single one! Let him do all the work for a change lol

Hi :wave: We're loving our new location! We're so close that we pop in to the parks and DD a few times a week! It's nice that we don't have to feel like we NEED to do everything... since we can just go back the next time we have a night off together. It's funny that WDW is closer than my work, lol. (I'm at the Florida Mall with Guerlain) I miss staying on site sooooooooo much. I just stare at the Yacht Club and the Contemporary and want to be in there so bad :( Maybe someday if Baxter gives us the okay :dogdance:

Since we've been here, we've tried a few places that were full, and low and behold..... DH started learning to do ADRs!!! He surprised me one night with Via Napoli!!! I told him that he's in charge now--I'm stepping down as head planner. (that is until we take another Disneyland trip!!) Our next challenge is Thanksgiving. He decided he wants Liberty Tree or Ohana--I'm not holding my breath... but it is funny to watch him try everyday!!! I'll end up cooking, I'm sure.

Had lots of fun reading this one!! Can't wait to read about your next adventure!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter