Vitamix blender

I bought the ninja at costco on sale for $119 since online reviews said it was as good as vitamix. I got the standard container, a mixing bowl, and single serve cups to blend in. Love it so far!

I bought the vitamix exclusively to make smoothies for my sons who won't eat vegetables. It is perfect for this. I also throw raw pumpkin seeds and sometimes chia seeds in and it blends them both perfectly as well. It all passes easily through the small holes in a sippy cup. We had the new ninja before and it worked pretty well but didn't get the greens small enough to pass through a sippy cup. Clogged it every time. So it we took it back to costco and exchanged it for the vitamix.

Not to hijack but we are looking to start eating paleo and if anybody has any sites they use for recipes please share if you can.

I've been reading about the Vitamix.

What kind of container do you have glass or plastic? If it's plastic how does it do with the heating element? I've read about some issues with burning smells and noise. Is it noisy to you?

Maybe it's just some fluke for a few people.

Bought a Vitamix about two years ago and my container is plastic. Did I get gipped? Was going to give juicing a go, but quickly learned I much, much prefer my veggies roasted with a little healthy fat. And we used to make frozen margaritas about once a week, but no longer. The last thing I made in it was some toasted coconut butter. Worked great for that!

My problem is redundancy I think. DH got me a Magimix last year when my Cuisinart gave out after 25 years. It's pretty amazing, and between that, the Kitchenaid standing mixer, and the Vitamix I seem to choose the blender last.

Enjoying the ideas here, though.

I have made coconut butter frequently. I put it in my coffee when I'm being strict paleo. I have never made toasted coconut butter and it sounds very good. I just googled it and got a recipe with hazelnuts too which sounds even better. Also I always use my food processor. How does it come out in a vitamix? I'm betting no little coconut bits like i end up with in the food processor.

I am eating Paleo as well. Can you give me your mayo recipe? I have one but not sure I am using the right oil.

I'll have to look for the website I got the recipe from but you want to use either avocado oil or light olive oil. The recipe I made called for a little apple cider vinegar and a touch of mustard (and eggs of course). Some other recipes call for lemon juice instead of vinegar. I'll try to find the recipe I used.

I bought the vitamix exclusively to make smoothies for my sons who won't eat vegetables. It is perfect for this. I also throw raw pumpkin seeds and sometimes chia seeds in and it blends them both perfectly as well. It all passes easily through the small holes in a sippy cup. We had the new ninja before and it worked pretty well but didn't get the greens small enough to pass through a sippy cup. Clogged it every time. So it we took it back to costco and exchanged it for the vitamix.

Not to hijack but we are looking to start eating paleo and if anybody has any sites they use for recipes please share if you can.

Nomnompaleo.com is a great place for recipes! I absolutely LOVED the beef lettuce wraps, wow, they were amazing!

What kind of container do you have glass or plastic? If it's plastic how does it do with the heating element? I've read about some issues with burning smells and noise. Is it noisy to you?

The containers are plastic. If you buy the "Next Generation" blenders they have a quieter motor than the others. Mine is the Vitamix 300. No issues with hot food in the pitcher (I make purées from piping hot butternut squash straight from the stovetop). Vitamix blenders are loud but not as loud as I was expecting initially. Also, on lower speeds it is rather quiet.

The containers are plastic. If you buy the "Next Generation" blenders they have a quieter motor than the others. Mine is the Vitamix 300. No issues with hot food in the pitcher (I make purées from piping hot butternut squash straight from the stovetop). Vitamix blenders are loud but not as loud as I was expecting initially. Also, on lower speeds it is rather quiet.

Nice to know. Thanks. I ordered one. I'll be checking out the recipes! :)

I have a Ninja Bullet- so no Vitamix, but I will share my favorite smoothie recipe! A handful of spinach, some frozen peaches, half a banana, some ice, water, and green grapes! The green grapes give it the perfect amount of sweetness.

Also, I love Nomnompaleo for paleo recipes. Try paleomg as well. The buffalo chicken mini meatloaf is a great recipe that's quick, easy, and my picky BF loved it! :-)

I have a Ninja Bullet- so no Vitamix, but I will share my favorite smoothie recipe! A handful of spinach, some frozen peaches, half a banana, some ice, water, and green grapes! The green grapes give it the perfect amount of sweetness.

Also, I love Nomnompaleo for paleo recipes. Try paleomg as well. The buffalo chicken mini meatloaf is a great recipe that's quick, easy, and my picky BF loved it! :-)

Thanks! I read a blurb about spinach and pineapple somewhere too.

I'll have to check out those websites. :goodvibes

we mainly use it to make smoothies, frozen drinks, soft serve ice cream, nut butters (peanut butter & almond butter.) The only thing I wish is that we had bought it sooner--like when I first set up my own home!

OceanAnnie, Mine does not have a heating element. The container is plastic, but I've never noticed any off-smells or burning. It is quite noisy, but being that powerful, it has to be. And unless you are making soup, it doesn't run for very long.

we mainly use it to make smoothies, frozen drinks, soft serve ice cream, nut butters (peanut butter & almond butter.) The only thing I wish is that we had bought it sooner--like when I first set up my own home!

OceanAnnie, Mine does not have a heating element. The container is plastic, but I've never noticed any off-smells or burning. It is quite noisy, but being that powerful, it has to be. And unless you are making soup, it doesn't run for very long.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to using it. I bought some peanut butter and chocolate powder too so this should be fun. :)

We have a Blendtech and love it. Yes, smoothies and soups for sure. Also frozen bananas can be blended into soft-serve "ice cream" with a little vanilla and cashew butter.

We're vegan, so I make a vegan version of cream-type sauces by soaking cashews in water for a couple of hours, then draining and blending with other ingredients (lemon juice for an imitation "sour cream" or other ingredients for a cream soup or nutritional yeast and miso and jalapenos for a cheesy nacho sauce).

TP

Also want to add that I have a vitamx and LOVE it best investment we have ever made!

Also want to add that I have a vitamx and LOVE it best investment we have ever made!

glad to hear this. When my dd and her new hubby buy a house they will be getting a major quality appliance as a gift for the first few big holidays. Several years ago I broke down and bought a kitchen aide mixer, then I bought their food processor and now the vitamix. I really wish I could have afforded them when I was younger as I did more large quantity cooking when I had a house full of kids. Also, these appliances tend to last a long time and I'd likely still have them. In retrospect, I should have spent for them as I have bought quite a few cheaper ones. This is why I decided I would help dd have the items when she is younger if possible.

Just wanted to follow up. I got my Vitamix a few days ago. I love,love,love it!! I made my first green smoothie. I didn't know what it would taste like. Took a tenative sip. It's great! Very refreshing!

Thank you OP and posters, for the recommendation! I had thought about it, but the recommendations here made me give it a try.

I see a lot of smoothies in the future! :goodvibes

Now I'm thinking about getting an insulated smoothie cup and a dry container.

Just wanted to follow up. I got my Vitamix a few days ago. I love,love,love it!! I made my first green smoothie. I didn't know what it would taste like. Took a tenative sip. It's great! Very refreshing!

Thank you OP and posters, for the recommendation! I had thought about it, but the recommendations here made me give it a try.

I see a lot of smoothies in the future! :goodvibes

Now I'm thinking about getting an insulated smoothie cup and a dry container.

http://simplegreensmoothies.com/

They post awesome recipes daily and all sorts of challenges and posts daily on Instagram.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter