VIPassholder Days 2023

So we had a brief meeting :teacher: to discuss our options. With this new discount I think ADR bookings will go up quickly so wanted to get it done. We are Pixie Passes so will be in parks M-F, but arrive on Sunday (no park allowed). Our dining plans have upgraded thanks to AP discount. I mean some places with 20% are about same as some QS with current prices.

- Toledo for Sunday night dinner at 8 pm so maybe we get some fireworks viewing.
- DHS Monday decided to keep Woody's Roundup even if we don't get a discount.
- MK Tuesday (no better place to be on my birthday) we booked Plaza at 4 pm. Snack before & after. (I really hate MK dining options so don't want to waste money there).
- We can only book 3 park days so will add Epcot for Wednesday later. Plan to use the 20% discount to nibble around the Outdoor Kitchens. Cosmic likely keep us there most the day - we never get early times.
- Thursday likely start at AK then maybe hop elsewhere later. Plan to book AK Rainforest Cafe for breakfast with discount PLUS my Landry birthday gift certificate (was already the plan).
- Friday we have MK again (Tron VQ hopes) but have 3:15 early dinner booked at 50's Prime. We'll be happy to switch to another park if we don't get Tron and depending on where we hopped other days.

So the discount had me adding 3 meals, added the Epcot Outdoor Kitchens Crawl we normally skip and leaving possibility for adding meals depending on where we land Wed & Thurs. Only one I could not get and I'll keep trying for is Artist Point. DS#2 never been and we love it.

There you go Disney, that is how you get my money! Throw some peanuts my way and I'll bite.
Omg we’re birthday twins! We’re starting the day in Epcot then hopping to HS that evening for a very packed schedule of Star Wars and Fantasmic. Normally I wouldn’t book 2 TS in the same day (we have an early lunch at Garden Grill) but I had to jump when I saw a Fantasmic dining package open up, we’ve never seen it before and I was really hoping to on my birthday. Just praying we will make our Oga’s ADR afterwards lol. I hope you enjoy your trip!

Omg we’re birthday twins! We’re starting the day in Epcot then hopping to HS that evening for a very packed schedule of Star Wars and Fantasmic. Normally I wouldn’t book 2 TS in the same day (we have an early lunch at Garden Grill) but I had to jump when I saw a Fantasmic dining package open up, we’ve never seen it before and I was really hoping to on my birthday. Just praying we will make our Oga’s ADR afterwards lol. I hope you enjoy your trip!
Sounds like an AMAZING birthday! :cake:

My first visit to Disney World was to the Magic Kingdom November 1971* so I think I just need to be in the MK for my birthday even though I don't think it's the most fun park as far as extras. Hmmm wonder if I need to shake up my day. DS birthday is May 14th so for many years while he was in college we would go week before Memorial Day for both our birthdays so ON my birthday is a first.

*My actual first visit was 1970. We went to the Preview Center. I still have the post cards I bought there.

Sounds like an AMAZING birthday! :cake:

My first visit to Disney World was to the Magic Kingdom November 1971* so I think I just need to be in the MK for my birthday even though I don't think it's the most fun park as far as extras. Hmmm wonder if I need to shake up my day. DS birthday is May 14th so for many years while he was in college we would go week before Memorial Day for both our birthdays so ON my birthday is a first.

*My actual first visit was 1970. We went to the Preview Center. I still have the post cards I bought there.
We are actually starting in Epcot out of spite. 😂 I had a solo trip booked last year at the Dolphin for Memorial Day weekend and was super excited when they announced Cosmic Rewind would open. I had never been for a ride opening. Then my boss at the time, who was super mean and petty, assigned me a project quite literally the day after my birthday so I had to cancel. I was devastated and ended up letting my AP lapse because I just couldn’t justify it with her throwing monkey wrenches in my plans. Luckily I’m on a different team in a much better role with a much nicer boss now.

So for this trip, I couldn’t decide between parks for the day, and my gf said she wanted me to ride Cosmic Rewind on my birthday since I never got to. Thus the Epcot park pass!

We are actually starting in Epcot out of spite. 😂 I had a solo trip booked last year at the Dolphin for Memorial Day weekend and was super excited when they announced Cosmic Rewind would open. I had never been for a ride opening. Then my boss at the time, who was super mean and petty, assigned me a project quite literally the day after my birthday so I had to cancel. I was devastated and ended up letting my AP lapse because I just couldn’t justify it with her throwing monkey wrenches in my plans. Luckily I’m on a different team in a much better role with a much nicer boss now.

So for this trip, I couldn’t decide between parks for the day, and my gf said she wanted me to ride Cosmic Rewind on my birthday since I never got to. Thus the Epcot park pass!
Have you been on it?

Have you been on it?
Nope…after my AP lapsed I didn’t get back down to the parks. Been dodging spoilers left and right this whole time. GotG are some of my fave marvel movies too so I’m really excited to finally go on it. I was trying to wait until my birthday for the first ride but I know I can’t hold out so we’re trying for a BG on the plane ride down on Sunday. I know I can do it on JetBlue wifi! 🤣

Sooo jealous of all the June trips! Not jealous enough to schedule a trip in the heat of June, just jealous of the savings 😆 Hope everyone has a ball! (And budgets a little extra and/or doubles down on the budget line you won’t cross- I was there one trip when they ran a 30% discount on merch and I ended up spending more than I planned because I kept saying “but it’s 30% off!” 🤦🏻‍♀️ )

So we had a brief meeting :teacher: to discuss our options. With this new discount I think ADR bookings will go up quickly so wanted to get it done. We are Pixie Passes so will be in parks M-F, but arrive on Sunday (no park allowed). Our dining plans have upgraded thanks to AP discount. I mean some places with 20% are about same as some QS with current prices.

- Toledo for Sunday night dinner at 8 pm so maybe we get some fireworks viewing.
- DHS Monday decided to keep Woody's Roundup even if we don't get a discount.
- MK Tuesday (no better place to be on my birthday) we booked Plaza at 4 pm. Snack before & after. (I really hate MK dining options so don't want to waste money there).
- We can only book 3 park days so will add Epcot for Wednesday later. Plan to use the 20% discount to nibble around the Outdoor Kitchens. Cosmic likely keep us there most the day - we never get early times.
- Thursday likely start at AK then maybe hop elsewhere later. Plan to book AK Rainforest Cafe for breakfast with discount PLUS my Landry birthday gift certificate (was already the plan).
- Friday we have MK again (Tron VQ hopes) but have 3:15 early dinner booked at 50's Prime. We'll be happy to switch to another park if we don't get Tron and depending on where we hopped other days.

So the discount had me adding 3 meals, added the Epcot Outdoor Kitchens Crawl we normally skip and leaving possibility for adding meals depending on where we land Wed & Thurs. Only one I could not get and I'll keep trying for is Artist Point. DS#2 never been and we love it.

There you go Disney, that is how you get my money! Throw some peanuts my way and I'll bite.
WOOT!!! got Artist Point on Friday so moved 50's Prime to Thursday. :cool1:

WOOT!!! got Artist Point on Friday so moved 50's Prime to Thursday. :cool1:
See Disney what happens when you increase my discount ... 💰💰

Thanks to a thread on new food at Sebastian's (totally forgot about it) I now have it booked for dinner Epcot day. We'll lunch around the discounted kiosks then Skyliner to Sebastians and back.

So my week went from 1 ADR went to 6 ADRS.

Plus I also have RFC (non Disney, with discount and gift card - so almost free).

QUESTION: I am an AP. I am traveling to WDW next week with my minor child (15) that is not an AP. Can we utilize the AP lounge in The Land, together?

QUESTION: I am an AP. I am traveling to WDW next week with my minor child (15) that is not an AP. Can we utilize the AP lounge in The Land, together?
I believe it will be similar to the Chase and DVC lounges where (1) person needs to provide credentials and is allowed to bring up to x amount of guests.
My gf is not an AP and I could bring her in on mine. I’m not sure what the limit is as there’s just two of us.

The 20% dining discount went into effect yesterday, right? Is it valid at any restaurant that currently accepts an AP discount?

We are tentatively planning Via Napoli on Sunday for dinner and don't want any surprises :laughing:

So is the increase from 10 percent to 20 percent food discount for all dining locations or just those few Epcot food booths?
Disney says select dining locations. Via Napoli is run by a third party and may not be participating in the increased discount. We are eating there Sunday (6/4), so we will know then if the discount is 10% or 20%.

Disney says select dining locations. Via Napoli is run by a third party and may not be participating in the increased discount. We are eating there Sunday (6/4), so we will know then if the discount is 10% or 20%.
Has anyone actually found a list of those *select* locations? I can't find one anywhere.

Has anyone actually found a list of those *select* locations? I can't find one anywhere.
“Select” just means ones run by Disney. The rule of thumb is if the regular restaurants in the pavilion are third party then so are the food booths. We ate around WS just this evening and was able to get it at America, Germany, and Florida Fresh but when I asked in Mexico the CM said no. The Cava people run the restaurants there iirc. Italy is the Patina Group so that’s also a no.

Sooo jealous of all the June trips! Not jealous enough to schedule a trip in the heat of June, just jealous of the savings 😆 Hope everyone has a ball! (And budgets a little extra and/or doubles down on the budget line you won’t cross- I was there one trip when they ran a 30% discount on merch and I ended up spending more than I planned because I kept saying “but it’s 30% off!” 🤦🏻‍♀️ )

We went last fall when the 30% off was active and I spent a small fortune! We'll be there again starting June 10 and I'm going to try and show a little control- I'll fail, but at least I will have tried. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter