• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Victoria and Alberts experience

Are you able to view any CT menus in advance? I can’t find any online, it seems it’s unique every night? Love the idea of a harp player!!!
The harpist is great. Her CD’s are usually available in one of the GF gift shops if interested. Yes, the menu is constantly changing/updating, but some staples seem to be present. Here’s an example of a menu, but don’t consider it gospel…
Is this for CT?
We’ll be staying for a week, I heard for ADR on the website, trying for the last day(s) give you the best shot?
I’ve always called. I've never not gotten a ressie at 60+10. The only challenge I had was the chef’s table; we had to adjust our date by one day.
Of course this is just my experience, and I know things are constantly changing down there…

It may have changed since it re-opened but in previous years when we've been, the main dining room offers you a choice between two items for each course while the QVR provides you with a menu designed specifically for you without choices, although you can ask for changes if there is something you don't like. And it usually does include some additional upcharge options. We've been there several times and our server told us once that they do look at your file before creating that menu as well as what you tell them when making the reservation (allergies, etc.), at least when in the QVR. DH has had an option for an upcharge caviar experience on his menu the last 3-4 times (he once asked if they could do that when it wasn't on the menu and they obliged). As I say, it may have changed now but if not, then I'd suggest the main dining room for a first time so that you do have the choices.

We've never done Chef's Table. While I'm sure it would be interesting, I think I would find it a bit disruptive. We like to relax and chat and I would think that would be more difficult there. We're at WDW twice this year but neither time are going to V&A which makes me sad but the timing and plans we have just won't fit it in and trying to get reservations now stresses me out. I'm hoping for next year though.

I’ve always called. I've never not gotten a ressie at 60+10. The only challenge I had was the chef’s table; we had to adjust our date by one day.
Of course this is just my experience, and I know things are constantly changing down there…
Can I be sure I understand this? Reservations are available at 60+10, or only at 60 days?

Can I be sure I understand this? Reservations are available at 60+10, or only at 60 days?
At 60 days before checkin, Disney resort guests can book ADRs for their length of stay, up to 10 days. So if someone booked at 60+10, it means they booked V&A for the 10th day of their stay.

At 60 days before checkin, Disney resort guests can book ADRs for their length of stay, up to 10 days. So if someone booked at 60+10, it means they booked V&A for the 10th day of their stay.
I understand how that works - have done it many times. But I was told elsewhere that V&A only books at exactly 60 days, and only by phone (not the app or website). If that is not correct I’d love to know. Thanks.

I understand how that works - have done it many times. But I was told elsewhere that V&A only books at exactly 60 days, and only by phone (not the app or website). If that is not correct I’d love to know. Thanks.
Nope, V&A does follow the 60+10 rules, including the Chef's Table.

I've been to CT and QV, and they're both really neat in their own ways. The Chef's Table gets you a "behind the scenes" look at the kitchen during your meal. It's noisy, cluttered, but it's fun seeing all the action! You can even talk with them as they cook. It's also much less "stuffy." In the days when gentlemen needed to wear jackets, they were allowed to take them off while seated at the table, since no one else dining was "watching" them.

The QV room is much more intimate. It's very romantic, but also very quiet. It's like you need to be on your absolute best behavior while in there, but it's like everything is done to the absolute best levels they can provide, and those levels are really high!

The harpist is great. Her CD’s are usually available in one of the GF gift shops if interested. Yes, the menu is constantly changing/updating, but some staples seem to be present. Here’s an example of a menu, but don’t consider it gospel…

Wow those menus look incredible! Thank you for all the help!

It may have changed since it re-opened but in previous years when we've been, the main dining room offers you a choice between two items for each course while the QVR provides you with a menu designed specifically for you without choices, although you can ask for changes if there is something you don't like. And it usually does include some additional upcharge options. We've been there several times and our server told us once that they do look at your file before creating that menu as well as what you tell them when making the reservation (allergies, etc.), at least when in the QVR. DH has had an option for an upcharge caviar experience on his menu the last 3-4 times (he once asked if they could do that when it wasn't on the menu and they obliged). As I say, it may have changed now but if not, then I'd suggest the main dining room for a first time so that you do have the choices.

We've never done Chef's Table. While I'm sure it would be interesting, I think I would find it a bit disruptive. We like to relax and chat and I would think that would be more difficult there. We're at WDW twice this year but neither time are going to V&A which makes me sad but the timing and plans we have just won't fit it in and trying to get reservations now stresses me out. I'm hoping for next year though.
That sounds so cool and unique. What “file” do they have on you, just your MDE profile?

Nope, V&A does follow the 60+10 rules, including the Chef's Table.

I've been to CT and QV, and they're both really neat in their own ways. The Chef's Table gets you a "behind the scenes" look at the kitchen during your meal. It's noisy, cluttered, but it's fun seeing all the action! You can even talk with them as they cook. It's also much less "stuffy." In the days when gentlemen needed to wear jackets, they were allowed to take them off while seated at the table, since no one else dining was "watching" them.

The QV room is much more intimate. It's very romantic, but also very quiet. It's like you need to be on your absolute best behavior while in there, but it's like everything is done to the absolute best levels they can provide, and those levels are really high!
My fiancé loves food and being at kitchen bars so I was thinking of making a ressie for CT but maybe we’ll do QVR first. Thank you for all your feedback!!

That sounds so cool and unique. What “file” do they have on you, just your MDE profile?
From what I understand, they have all of the information from your previous visits. So even though they ask if you have any allergies, they already have that on file from previous times. Because DH was once offered the caviar upcharge and then it wasn't offered the next time, he asked if they could do something, which they did. From that point on, he got that offered on his menu and the server told us that they knew from his record that it was something he really liked. I think they basically have their own database and they put in notes that enable them to better serve you.

It is best to be a "foodie" to get the full experience of the CT. It is an experience almost like an excursion! I definitely recommend it! If you are a little more traditional and want to pick all of your food, you can never go wrong with QV! It all just depends on the experience you are looking for. Get the wine pairing either way!

It is best to be a "foodie" to get the full experience of the CT. It is an experience almost like an excursion! I definitely recommend it! If you are a little more traditional and want to pick all of your food, you can never go wrong with QV! It all just depends on the experience you are looking for. Get the wine pairing either way!
My fiancé is a huuuuuge foodie he loves all that stuff!! And worked in a kitchen for like 10 years. So I was considering the CT mostly because I feel he would truly appreciate the experience but I feel we are gonna do them all eventually 😉

Would you recommend the main room for a first visit? (I apologize I am new to the boards and still figuring out replies 😅)
I did the main dining room last December and it was OVER THE TOP AMAZING.

Im crying to go back... yes I said crying.....UGH
GO AND TAKE PICTURES AND SHARE THEM SO I CAN SEE <3

My fiancé loves food and being at kitchen bars so I was thinking of making a ressie for CT but maybe we’ll do QVR first. Thank you for all your feedback!!
My husband is a chef and HATES the chef table???? I dont get it becasue I think its fun - but to be fair, if we are going, we are going to celebrate- I think the CT triggers him hahah

The QV room and Main dining are superb- ya cant go wrong :)

My husband is a chef and HATES the chef table???? I dont get it becasue I think its fun - but to be fair, if we are going, we are going to celebrate- I think the CT triggers him hahah

The QV room and Main dining are superb- ya cant go wrong :)
Oh really?? What were his qualms with CT?

We are cancelling our reservations in October. After the reopening it is not worth it anymore.

I guess I am spoiled, but after experiencing a lot of high end food over the years, it just isn't worth it anymore. The food can only get so good, then it is all environment. For the price, both are lacking there now. Almost every meal I ever eat at home is better than any meal you can buy, and high end environments are just not worth that much money to me any more. Sort of an 'Emperor's New Clothes' kind of awakening I suppose.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter