Very expensive cookware- is it worth it?

I have Le Creuset for baking and Calphalon for range top. Both clean extremely easily. My Le Creuset goes in the dishwasher and comes out spotless. My Calphalon pans all clean up quickly. All more than worth it. I've had my Calphalon for about 15 years and I've been collecting Le Creuset for about 5. All are heavy, but that's part of the reason they are so good.

I had Calphalon Hard Anodized cookware for about 20 years. The stuff I used often ended up with scratched edges and the pans started flaking. I replaced them with stainless steel cookware that I bought from a restaurant supply store. Fairly cheap and are holding up beautifully.

Did you toss that Calphalon? If it was the professional line you could have sent the pieces back for Free Replacements (just paying shipping to them).

Did you toss that Calphalon? If it was the professional line you could have sent the pieces back for Free Replacements (just paying shipping to them).

I did toss it. Figured they would find some way to deny replacing it and I'd be out the shipping.

I have Lifetime cookware and have had it for 15 years. It still looks are great today as it did when I bought it and they tend to be easy to clean. The other cookware I have was bought after the lifetime and has needed to be replaced already. It good stuff lasts.

I love my Lagostina Professional stainless steel cookware. DH is a chef and he picked it out when we got married 15 years ago.

Yes, it's worth it. I've never felt bad spending on good cookware. For some reason, though I won't spend on a good blender even though I've killed enough to equal the cost of a Vitamix.

I have quite a number of All Clad pieces in stainless. Honestly, it doesn't cook any better than the Calphalon stainless I have. Perhaps it will last a good deal longer, but the Calphalon is probably close to 15 years old and looks nearly new. I was asking about Le Creuset on here recently and haven't broken down and purchased any yet. It's soooo heavy... and expensive. Don't have any outlets close by.

Has anyone bought pans from pampered chef? I will be hosting a party and will get a discount on them. We had caphalon (the non-stick) and the black on the bottom of my pots (that I use almost daily) is flaking off after 10yrs.

I still have the family skillet which is holding up well. I do think it could be better, but then again I likely threw it in the dishwasher a few times and ruined it myself. I've stopped doing pampered chef though because my friends that sell MLMs have gotten so annoying that I'm on a crusade against any direct sales. :cool2: I've also found other brands to be just as good if not better. But you're getting a discount, so have at it!

Last edited:
Has anyone bought pans from pampered chef? I will be hosting a party and will get a discount on them. We had caphalon (the non-stick) and the black on the bottom of my pots (that I use almost daily) is flaking off after 10yrs.

I have several of the pans from Pampered Chef and love them. I bought them when I hosted a party also.

I've stopped doing pampered chef though because my friends that sell MLMs have gotten so annoying that I'm on a crusade against any direct sales. :cool2:

Oh my goodness, I hear you. I'm almost ready to quit Facebook because my friends have gotten so aggressive trying to sell me things I have no interest in.

My mother bought a set of stainless steel cookware over 40 years ago. This was when they'd have parties and you'd invite your friends in and they would cook a meal for everyone using the cookware. My mom is gone, but I still have her cookware and it still looks great!

I have a set of that cookware, too, and mine is even older than that. It still looks new, and cooks like new, too.

Oh my goodness, I hear you. I'm almost ready to quit Facebook because my friends have gotten so aggressive trying to sell me things I have no interest in.

I actually did quit FB for many reasons. But yes if I got one more Shakeology or Rodan and Fields offer on my feed, I was going to kill! LOL

I have a set of that cookware, too, and mine is even older than that. It still looks new, and cooks like new, too.
Several years ago we bought a set of KitchenCraft stainless steel, probably one of our best purchases. Still looks new, still under warranty (lifetime) and is a joy to use. We can't use teflon because of medical issues and are leery of other nonstick coatings, but stainless steel works great. We can also use a much lower temperature to cook, since it maintains the heat for so long. It was definitely expensive, but we are still very happy with it.

I have a Calphalon stock pot which is great as well as several Le Creuset pieces. They're great pieces that should last close to forever.

One thing we do to keep them in good shape is use either the Le Creuset cleaner OR Bar Keeper's Friend. You might even want to try the Bar Keeper's Friend on your current pans. It cleans them really well!

All Clad is great (we have a few pieces) but we went with the Le Creuset stainless collection for the majority of our cookware and absolutely love it! We also have a couple of the enamel Le Creuset pieces and love them as well. We wanted cookware that will last us the rest of our lives and would not need to be replaced. To me, that's worth the $$.

Anyone interested in the Le Creuset special edition "Beauty and the Beast" soup pot, its back in stock in either gold or blue.
I just got an email. I ordered it in the gold.

Reading through this - I realize that I have many of these brands of pans too! But they were mostly found at the thrift store... Le Creuset, Pampered Chef, Lagostina, KitchenCraft etc...

My mother bought a set of stainless steel cookware over 40 years ago. This was when they'd have parties and you'd invite your friends in and they would cook a meal for everyone using the cookware. My mom is gone, but I still have her cookware and it still looks great!

I bought a set of SaladMaster cookware at a party like this over 10 years ago. It still looks like new and I have burnt the large skillet a couple of times but I can always clean it up.

It was very expensive but I bought it to last and for health reasons (no Teflon or other chemicals, it's surgical stainless steel). The handles are removable and they will send you new ones when you need them. The set was large and came with an electric skillet and their chopping machine (which I use a lot).

I love my set and don't regret the expense. I paid about $3K for all of it but I really don't use any other cookware except my cast iron griddle and one skillet for cornbread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter