Vero vs Bay lake ?

Onthebay

Mouseketeer
Can you give me any reason why I should buy a 50 point contract for $ 7,700 at bay lake tower as opposed to 150 point contract at vero beach for $7,650. Our needs change from year to year and have stayed in many DVC resorts and like them all. Is it the experation date ?
Any thoughts?

I'll give you a very good reason: The dues.

Current annual dues for BLT are $5.6223 per point. Current annual dues for Vero are $8.1064 per point.

So, your 50 points at BLT will be $282 in dues. Those VB points will be $1,216 in dues.

If you want to stay at Vero Beach regularly, with the 11-month window, sure, buy Vero. But if you want to stay on WDW campus, buy a resort there for 11 month booking, and look at the dues. While, yes, you get triple the points at VB, you are paying over 4x in annual dues for those points. Over the life of a contract, that adds up, a lot.

If you want to get into DVC in the most economical way, perphaps you should look into SSR. It has an expiration date of 2054 and its MF's are low in comparison
to the other DVC resorts.

MF are the main reason.
Then VB is near the coast and subject to hurricanes. This year HH had severe damage due to an hurricane and members are now paying higher maintenance fees to compensate what wasn't covered by insurance. There is even a chance VB could be damaged by a hurricane beyond repair.
Also, it depends on when you travel. At least SSR is almost always open at 7 months, but there is a chance for very busy days that you could be shut out WDW completely with your vero points. If you plan on traveling during busy holidays or Run Disney week end, this could happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter