VDH Opening

Trying to hedge against future, in case I have to put a contract on the resale market.

If I get two contracts (and yes I know it'll cost more $$ in closing costs and document fees) -- anyone feel strongly about 50-100 split, versus 75-75 point split?

Trying to hedge against future, in case I have to put a contract on the resale market.

If I get two contracts (and yes I know it'll cost more $$ in closing costs and document fees) -- anyone feel strongly about 50-100 split, versus 75-75 point split?
Id say smaller is better, so 50-100 seems better than 75-75, but 50-50-50 would be best for resale purposes. ;)

I'm a current owner but started a new UY hence new membership number for my VDH points. I asked for 75/75 (one to pass down to each of my kids) but was told that the minimum amount for a new membership is 100, so they let me get 100 and then 50 as an "add-on" to that membership. My kids will have to duke it out after my husband and I kick the bucket.

If you are adding onto a current membership and you want two contracts I would recommend the 75-75. For resale those are both below the minimum buy-in for new members so they would probably sell at a higher price per point than contracts of 100 or more points.

Saying one is offering to rent at that price and getting someone to pay that piece for a non refundable reservation and one that may even be limited to changes is two very different things.

We shall see if there is actually a rental market at that price.
Hence why I said “I think” this might happen, not it is or it will.

So, my question is, why do you think there will be resales between 6-18 months of launch? I don't understand why someone would buy-in just to turn around and re-sell. Unless, it's someone who got all the incentives as a current DVC and CC person (i.e. paid $186'ish) who wants a quick turnaround profit of ... $20pp? Is that why resales so soon?
My guess is that if resale pops up in the first 6-12 months someone had a personal issue/tragedy and needs the cash. Loss of job, health issues, death in the family, etc.

I bought 80 points to use on one leg of a Hawaii trip (we are in NC and it helps with the time change) and to get the one bedroom for the run disney weekend. Obviously those points only cover one or the other but I'll be on the phone at 8 or 9 am to try to get that one bedroom in January. Two use years but it's nothing compared to the rack rate and it's the same as the neighbor hotel we booked (that also has the same TOT).

I honestly think people who are going on and on about TOT have never stayed in a hotel before in Anaheim or really any major urban or tourist area. There are taxes galore (sales tax food tax etc). AirBNB options are quadruple the amount when you look at cleaning and booking and I am on Airbnb fees. For a run disney person this is a no brainer especially when the Jan point chart.
We're 1 or 2 bedroom people as well. Come to think of it, since owning DVC we haven't stayed in a studio. We certainly did prior to DVC. Those 1 and 2 bedroom Disney rack rates start to add up quickly. Of course

We did a 110 / 65 split. 175 gets up 1 bedroom easily for four nights. 110 gets studios for a week. 65 Is for the short term stayer who wants duo / studio in and out trip to DL.

For our use personally, we have 40 at BLT plus 190 Poly. Now 175 total at VDH. If our kids do not want DVC passed on to them, we would pair down to 110 VDH and 40 BLT. Maybe keep the other 65 VDH. Alternate between the two parks in the off season. Hopefully not going this route, but instead kids have families of their own and we use the full allotment of points for larger family stays.

Can someone with a new contract find the part with Reflections? I'm interested to see if they have disclaimers for Poly2 and the new Trailers in there now.

Last edited:
Can someone with a new contract find the part with Reflections? I'm interested to see if they have disclaimers for Poly2 and the new Trailers in there now.
I got 55 points UY February the contract and points came in last night.

I see these part that are related but very vague:

7. Other DVC Resorts. BVTC has reserved the right to associate additional resorts as DVC Resorts or delete existing DVC Resorts from time to time. PURCHASERS should refer to the Public Report for details concerning the addition or deletion of DVC Resorts. Neither DVD nor any of the TWDC Companies have any obligation to build any additional DVC Resorts or to add additional component sites to the Disney Vacation Club. Further, DVD reserves the right to add additional DVC Resorts which may have different reservation rules, benefits, or features than this Condominium or existing DVC Resorts and which may adversely affect, restrict, or prohibit Owners in the Condominium or members in the Club at other DVC Resorts from making reservations at, or accessing the benefits and features of, such additional DVC Resort. Do not purchase an interest in a DVC Resort in reliance upon the addition of new resorts or component sites or in reliance on the ability to make unrestricted reservations at, or having access to the benefits and features of, such new resorts or component sites.

8. DVD Reserved Rights. As set forth in the Membership Agreement and the DVC Resort Agreement, DVD has reserved the right to prohibit and limit persons who do not purchase an Ownership Interest directly from DVD, or from an approved seller, from participating in other aspects of Club membership or benefits, including prohibiting or limiting access to other DVC Resorts through the DVC Reservation Component or restricting, limiting, or changing certain Home Resort Reservation Component or DVC Reservation Component reservation features. Such prohibitions or restrictions may adversely affect PURCHASER’s ability to resell PURCHASER’s Ownership Interest or at a value that PURCHASER might seek. Currently, DVD has exercised this right with respect to the Condominium, and no Disney Vacation Club Resort, other than the Condominium, is available for reservation for Disney Vacation Club Members who do not acquire their Ownership Interests at the Condominium directly from DVD.

So, all those buying VD), maybe someone can ask your guide if they have hote any new info ont when we might here about the new Poly tower, even just the number of rolms etc??

What would you realistically pay for a 50 point VDH resale contract right now?

With incentives and magical beginnings 150 pt.+ direct contracts split into 50 pointers can be had in the $184-188 per point range. I'm trying to figure out if 50 point VDH resale contracts will ever sell for less than the 180s. What do you think?

Also, Riviera resale sells for ~15% discount to VGF resale even though you can buy VGF direct cheaper. Is this all due to resale restrictions? Do you think VDH will see a similar effect due to being restricted?

Trying to decide between buying 3 50 pointers, waiting for a resale, or just using current direct points to try and book at 7 mo.

We bought an 80 point contract to use every three years. I wanted to have a little extra in case there were changes in the point chart.
we will be every 1-2 years but, low season and only 2 of us for 3-4 nights. I'd planned 60 but like you, decided a little buffer was warranted. Probably should have done 85...just so my total points were an even number lol!

With incentives and magical beginnings 150 pt.+ direct contracts split into 50 pointers can be had in the $184-188 per point range. I'm trying to figure out if 50 point VDH resale contracts will ever sell for less than the 180s. What do you think?

Also, Riviera resale sells for ~15% discount to VGF resale even though you can buy VGF direct cheaper. Is this all due to resale restrictions? Do you think VDH will see a similar effect due to being restricted?
I don't think any of this WDW pricing matters to the CA pricing. Restrictions could have been on VGC for years, and no one would have cared. More on my opinion here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/an-argument-for-vdl-as-direct-points-at-wdw.3916825/

Maybe your crystal ball is different than mine?

I'm in with 100/50. I only wanted 75 but the difference after subtracting the full price cost of the 75 pt contract drops the price of the extra 75 pts to 142 (with magical beginning and CSR points) that I just went for it. I live locally so I can always do a staycation pretty much anytime (how I imagine FL ppl feel). And if I need/want to sell, I can't imagine right now at least not breaking even. My head is spinning because it's still a ton of money and there's so many haters in here, but I'm hoping come Sept my new DVC neighbors and I will be enjoying the new resort and it'll all be worth it.

I'm in with 100/50. I only wanted 75 but the difference after subtracting the full price cost of the 75 pt contract drops the price of the extra 75 pts to 142 (with magical beginning and CSR points) that I just went for it. I live locally so I can always do a staycation pretty much anytime (how I imagine FL ppl feel). And if I need/want to sell, I can't imagine right now at least not breaking even. My head is spinning because it's still a ton of money and there's so many haters in here, but I'm hoping come Sept my new DVC neighbors and I will be enjoying the new resort and it'll all be worth it.
I wouldn't worry about the haters. I think some people are just laser focused on the short term financials. My attitude is if we don't lose money, which we won't, since we will keep the contract for the rest of it or our lives, then I am fine. Many people are willing to stay offsite. That's great! However, if you really want to stay onsite, buy where you want to stay!

It will be worth it.... there is so much hate
but I'm convinced this board is 90% Florida only people and are comparing their experience there with something that isn't comparable. It's so depressing reading post after post of "I would never buy this but the tax". Like take your own advice, don't buy but also stop commenting negativity. It makes it so hard to get excited.

On a positive front I've seen so many people take the plunge.... I think the bay sayers are going to be sad when they can't get in and have to pay TOT at the Westin or mariott on Harbor. I'm just hoping the haters have something else to complain about and leave us to our new home.... redirect those hater comments to the cabins or poly2 and leave us DL folks alone :)

My head is spinning because it's still a ton of money and there's so many haters in here, but I'm hoping come Sept my new DVC neighbors and I will be enjoying the new resort and it'll all be worth it.
Any new DVC is not initially liked. Go back in time and check out how posters talked about VGF! VDH isn't for me (I was saving for it too) but don't let any of what is posted here dampen your excitement. It is such a celebratory moment so enjoy that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter