• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

vandalism of rental car

delilah

DIS Veteran
We just got home from WDW. We had a very enjoyable stay at Kidani Village. Unfortunately, our rental car was vandalized. The passenger side rear light lens was broken. The broken off pieces of the lens were left inside the light casing.There was no other damage to the car. We were parked by the Pumbaa elevator. We were there from Sunday through Saturday, and we only noticed that the lens was broken on Thursday evening when my husband's cousin notice it while driving behind us. We only went to parks and the resort. It's a shame when guests treat other guests like that. We called the resort security. I am not sure how often this happens, or if it has happened to anybody else.

We just got home from WDW. We had a very enjoyable stay at Kidani Village. Unfortunately, our rental car was vandalized. The passenger side rear light lens was broken. The broken off pieces of the lens were left inside the light casing.There was no other damage to the car. We were parked by the Pumbaa elevator. We were there from Sunday through Saturday, and we only noticed that the lens was broken on Thursday evening when my husband's cousin notice it while driving behind us. We only went to parks and the resort. It's a shame when guests treat other guests like that. We called the resort security. I am not sure how often this happens, or if it has happened to anybody else.

One time I rented a car with National and did a walk around in the garage, didn't notice anything. When we stopped at the gas station across from Downtown Disney to pickup some snacks for the room, I noticed the driver side back light was broken and there was a big scratch. It had to have been there in the garage, I just didn't notice it in the dim light. I called them right away and reported it. They said to mention it when I returned the car. I did and they sent me into the counter and I had to fill out an accident report. Luckily I never heard anything more about it. Are they going to charge you for it?

That's weird, why would someone vandalize but break just the light? I suppose you can't know for certain, but is it possible somebody bumped into your car with theirs in the lot?

I remember my first car (a Honda Civic), and how my friend's mom once backed into it, but only broke one of my front headlights; no other scratches or damage around. Her car's back bumper and my car's front were just the right height and projection.

I don't think it's vandalism. Someone most likely bumped it with their car. They may or may not even know they did it.

I'm thinking....be happy that it's only a broken lens and not body damage.

Last edited:
More than likely someone hit it just right as they were either pulling in or backing out. They clipped the car and damaged the light. I find that parking in that garage is rather tight

I once had someone scratch a large Mickey head on the side of my black Chrysler 300 rental. Never heard a word from Dollar on that one although I though I would. That was back in 2009 so I think I'm clear.

which is why we get the collision damage waiver.
then i don't have to care how many times other drivers damage my rental car

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter