Upgrading to universal AP

tristyp

Mouseketeer
I was wondering if anyone would have any direct knowledge or experience in upgrading to APs. I am looking at purchasing 4 day park to park tickets through work for 180.00 per ticket. These tickets would cost 214.99 in advance or 234.9 at the gate so there is a good savings. If we like the parks and plan to visit again next year I was curious about the cost of upgrading as I have read different things online. My question is:
If I decide to upgrade would I get credit for what I paid(180.00) or what the ticket would cost to purchase at the gate (234.99). I have read differing views and thought maybe someone has done this before.

Thanks for the help

When we upgraded, we just paid the difference between the full cost and what we paid.

More recently they've been "bridging" like at WDW. I personally would never count on that, and would budget as though I'm paying the full difference.

When I purchased my AP in January, they gave me credit for the current gate price in the upgrade. I paid $165 for a 4 day park to park ticket (2 price increases ago) from Best of Orlando. They upgraded it to a Power Pass for no additional cost. The gate price of 4 day ticket and Power Pass was basically the same. I don't know if it makes a difference but I used the ticket first and upgraded it at the inside guest services. I've read reports of different things happening at guest service outside the parks.

My daughter upgraded a Power Pass to a regular AP at Guest Services outside the park and she paid the difference between the price paid for the Power Pass a few years ago to the regular AP price (despite me telling her to use the ticket to get into the park first and to upgrade at Guest Services INSIDE the park).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter