Upgrading Tickets?

riopooh

DIS Veteran
My sister purchased 4 day MYW (14 day type) ticket thru AAA already. However depending on our energy levels, the kids behavior etc. - she might decide to add one more day. Can we do this once the tickets are already in use??? (On day 3, change it to a 5 day ticket for an add'l $?)

Hmm, I really haven't heard of being able to do that. I think you have to buy it if you think you'll use it- otherwise everyone would buy less days on the ticket and then purchase more while on their trip.
I've heard of upgrading to an AP (I think... not sure) and I've definitely heard of adding like the nonexpiration option after purchase if you decide to do that. But I'm not sure if you can add days to the ticket for the same price difference as it would have been (like between the 3 days to what the 5 day ticket cost). If you want the discount that you get for buying more days- you have to buy that upfront... not adding it on later. I think you'd have to buy another ticket- for 1 or more days.

Change a 4 day pass into a 5 day pass on day 3

I read somewhere that, if you just began using the pass within the past 7 days, you pay the difference between a 4 day and a 5 day pass, nine dollars. Since you are inside the park on the third day, your 4 day pass already has 3 days ticked off, you will actually receive a "used" 5 day pass that already has 3 days ticked off. I could be mistaken but this forumula makes sense. If you changed the 4 day pass into a 5 day pass before going in on the first day, you would pay just the difference. Disney does let guests change their mind on a few things within a few days after the fact.

The normal formula is this:

Start with how many days are left. The pro-rated value of the used ticket is based on the purchase price. After entering the park on day 3 with a 4 day ticket, there is one day left so the value is 1/4'th of what you paid.

Next figure out how many days you want to end up with. You are looking forward to a fourth and fifth day so if the old pass vanished now, you need a 2 day pass.

So you are going to need to trade the remains of your old pass towards a 2 day pass. Incidentally a 2 day expiring pass without hopping costs about $127. including the tax.

With both formulas the best bargain is had if you trade up to a 10 day non-expiring pass.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

Yes, it is a simple upgrade from a 4 day to a 5 day MYW. Just take it to any Guest Relations location in the parks or Downtown Disney and the will fix you up in a jiffy. No need to worry about pro-rating, etc... you just pay the difference between the WDW gate 4 day MYW and the WDW gate 5 day MYW and you won't loose your discount you received from AAA. You only have to worry about pro rating if you are exchanging the old ticket media into the new MYW or your MYW tickets are non expiring and over 14 days old. No Worries!:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter