Upgrade DVC special ticket from 5-day to 7-day?

So, I know this is an old post, but I have a question about the blockout dates you mentioned. We are going to Disney December 16 - 20, the end of which is blocked out on the Gold AP. However, we are considering also going to Disney some or all of the following times: 1st week of April, mid-June, early October of 2017, non of which are blockout dates on the gold AP as of right now. So, ideally, I'd like to buy Disney tickets an use them on my December trip, then upgrade them to a gold AP on our last day, but that last Day will be December 20, which is a blockout date. Can I upgrade to a gold AP on a blockout date if I do not plan on re-entering the park again that day, and then use it on non-block out dates for the next year?
Yes, you can upgrade to a Gold AP on a blackout date, just make sure it's after you entered your last park on the last day of that trip.

(I "upgraded" my old DVC AP to a gold AP on Dec 23 to get the MM benefit for that trip)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter