• 7/07/23 – 7/09/23
      • 7/14/23 – 7/16/23
      • 7/21/23 – 7/23/23
      • 7/28/23 – 7/30/23
      • 8/04/23 – 8/06/23
      • 8/11/23 – 8/13/23
      • 8/18/23 – 8/20/23
      • 8/25/23 – 8/27/23
    • Excludes: All store gift cards under the Kroger umbrella including Kroger Wireless Refill and Kroger boost, Speedway and variable load Visa & Mastercard gift cards.
      • *Note, even though Harris Teeter has Earn 4x Fuel Points logo on Speedway gift cards they are not eligible for 4x fuel rewards.
      • **Also note, the 4x promotional logo is missing from Hulu and Puma gift cards on both sites, I have no confirmation if they will earn 4x fuel during the weekend promotion. YMMV.
    • Lastly, Kroger & Harris Teeter do not sell Amazon or Best Buy gift cards online.
    • Expires 6/25/23.
*Harris Teeter Speedway gift cards
Harris Teeter has Earn 4x Fuel Points logo on Speedway gift cards but they are not eligible for 4x fuel rewards as seen in the description.
1687541136945.png
**Kroger Hulu & Puma / Harris Teeter Hulu & Puma

Missing 4x fuel logo - YMMV
1687541824877.png

RMN is at 10% again for shopDisney.com.

If you’re willing to wait the 45 days to get your 10% back, I think this could be the best deal on Disney GCs right now?

It depends where you shop, right? What credit cards and offers you have. Did you pick up any prepaid and virtual gift cards?

I’m sorry not to look back bc I haven’t kept up with posts in a while but what is the best Sams club Disney GC to get? I’m thinking of going to the physical store for the first time soon while the Discover card still has the 5% promo. Is physical better? Electronic? Denomination? Thank you so much!

No need to look back through pages and pages
Post #1 Disney Gift Card Deals ONLY - is a dedicated post for DGC.

My chase freedom for next quarter beginning in July has live entertainment as one of the categories and it looks like Disney World, Seaworld, Universal, etc. are included if you’re looking to save any money on tickets! Last year I actually bought Christmas party tickets with my card when they had this promotion and didn’t even realize it that it was included so that was a nice surprise

Attachments

• Chase Freedom Cash Back Credit Card  Chase.com.jpg
    Chase Freedom Cash Back Credit Card Chase.com.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 12
Well guess I'll just be hanging onto this silly e-gift card because I do not have the original purchase info since I've had these cards for years. What a weird requirement. Thanks for reporting back on this.

Just saying my friend, this has been a requirement for years.
The first I read was back in 2019 and it's been recommended here to save all information since this thread started.

In order to unlock or release your funds, you will be required to provide proof of purchase with receipts. You may also be asked for gift card numbers, date of transfer and more.

Just saying my friend, this has been a requirement for years.
The first I read was back in 2019 and it's been recommended here to save all information since this thread started.

In order to unlock or release your funds, you will be required to provide proof of purchase with receipts. You may also be asked for gift card numbers, date of transfer and more.
I guess I'm confused. If I use the same card over and over, I'm expected to retain the original receipt from a decade ago? I'm not being flippant it was literally before our first vacation in 2012. If that's the case I won't reload cards anymore. I have receipts of what I've bought in the last year for this vacation but not the original card, that just seems unreasonable.

Edited to add: Disney responded to my email and they have a known glitch with the gift card website not transferring funds. They are working to correct it.

Last edited:
I guess I'm confused. If I use the same card over and over, I'm expected to retain the original receipt from a decade ago? I'm not being flippant it was literally before our first vacation in 2012. If that's the case I won't reload cards anymore. I have receipts of what I've bought in the last year for this vacation but not the original card, that just seems unreasonable.
You could always transfer that egift card to another that you have the receipt for and then transfer it once the site is back up. I have not needed to get on the site for a while but there is a message stating there is an issue at the moment.
1687547715372.png
1687547943218.png

I used to do what you are doing but now just do it on a yearly basis as I discovered recently that there is a max number of transactions that will show. It states the Max records are 252 but that never shows on my screen. I have had to call before to see what transaction I forgot to record as the call center can see all transactions. For Example this was a card that was bought in 2020 from Kroger when you could get 4x on gas and then Chase offered Pay Yourself back for 1.5x from grocery stores when using the Sapphire Reserve.

The farthest the webpage will go is to 10/18/21 when I transferred another $50 to this card.
There are 32 transactions that it lists for me after selecting "All" at the top and "Show All" in the bottom right.
There were a lot on this gift card and as you can see it doesn't even show the "Initial Load" of $100 followed by 3rd party on the list of transactions.

1687548452200.png

Edited to add: Disney responded to my email and they have a known glitch with the gift card website not transferring funds. They are working to correct it.
Your original cards from years ago are already established as your main cards. The new DGC you buy and transfer to the old cards - those are the ones you need to keep records on including dates of transfer. The recommendation to maintain a spreadsheet is very important, every detail matters because you just never know.

It may seem unreasonable even frustrating, but Disney's policy is there to prevent fraud and designed to protect you and your hard earned money from getting into the wrong hands.

And I'll also add, if you purchase other gift cards for wherever, look at the policy if the card get's lost or stolen. Majority of the time you'll see "We are not responsible for lost or stolen cards."
Disney takes responsibility and that's a very good thing because they don't have to.

OK, this may not belong here but I wasn't sure where else to post it. We have a trip coming up in 1 week and I went online yesterday to start trying to add my stash of gift cards so I could combine them into a couple of cards rather than bringing 30 or so cards (just as I've always done in the past). It won't let me transfer the balances between the cards so I can't enter more than the 6 cards and everything is stuck on their original card. What gives? I keep getting a message that says this card cannot be transferred. Anybody else experiencing any problems trying to combine cards?? I don't have a lot of spare time to get this done before we leave! Yikes!! :oops: :headache::scared:

@DisArmyWife215

Fair Warning
  • Verify Your Gift Card Balance: Some have reported gift cards were not activated when purchased and they had to go back to the store to resolve, receipt will be required.
  • Discounted Websites: You should never combine Disney gift cards purchased from discounted websites with gift cards purchased from a regular store. If the gift card gets reversed or reported stolen, not only can Disney freeze your gift card but they can freeze your account. While trying to get your funds back, Disney may request proof of purchase. Therefore, we recommend saving all receipts and empty gift cards until your vacation is over. We also recommend keeping a spreadsheet of all transactions.

OK, this may not belong here but I wasn't sure where else to post it. We have a trip coming up in 1 week and I went online yesterday to start trying to add my stash of gift cards so I could combine them into a couple of cards rather than bringing 30 or so cards (just as I've always done in the past). It won't let me transfer the balances between the cards so I can't enter more than the 6 cards and everything is stuck on their original card. What gives? I keep getting a message that says this card cannot be transferred. Anybody else experiencing any problems trying to combine cards?? I don't have a lot of spare time to get this done before we leave! Yikes!! :oops: :headache::scared:

Might want to read a few posts up, it's been reported Disney's gift card site is having issues. They are aware and are trying to fix it. :thumbsup2

You could always transfer that egift card to another that you have the receipt for and then transfer it once the site is back up. I have not needed to get on the site for a while but there is a message stating there is an issue at the moment.
I'm in no hurry as I have enough to cover tickets I'll be purchasing in the next week so no need to call in, but I'm sure it's a pain for others trying to organize for trips soon. I just deleted it off the system because it won't move to any of the physical cards I have, the issue seems to be lying with the digital card. Seems like Disney IT at it's best 🤣

Ugh...good thing I've been stocking up on those discounted GCs. Not quite happy with the latest Genie+news. :sad2:
Right!?! What's the old adage, Kiss me first before you ... me.
We won't be buying it during our fall trip or any trip for that matter.

As soon as we've used up our AP's we're done.

Thanks I called. FYI--for the card that you want to transfer to you will need to know purchase location as well as the initial amount. Luckily it was a card I got not to long ago from Shop Disney and I could find the initial amount on the Disney gift card site. I also needed the purchase location of the cards I bought today and the purchase amount. They did take care of this with this info
Thank you again for sharing this!

I was prepared with all my receipts when I called and was asked the same thing (purchase location and original value). The first rep I spoke with said the Disney GC website is experiencing issues, they are aware of it, and working on it. She also told me she could only merge five cards and I would have to call back. Seemed strange, but I did just that. Second rep didn't tell me there was any limit. I guess the first just didn't want to do more than five cards with me (I had ten total) :rotfl:

Took about 20 minutes total in time. Not too bad considering I saved 19% on $350. Worth it!

Well guess I'll just be hanging onto this silly e-gift card because I do not have the original purchase info since I've had these cards for years. What a weird requirement. Thanks for reporting back on this.
I was concerned when I read the DP about original purchase value since my main GC is probably 10+ years old. I had them merge all my new cards to my most recent physical ShopDisney purchase since I had that readily available.

Right!?! What's the old adage, Kiss me first before you ... me.
We won't be buying it during our fall trip or any trip for that matter.

As soon as we've used up our AP's we're done.
I'm glad we didn't end up buying more DVC points at this point. I'm thinking we are going to end up with more and more resort stays with the way they keep nickel and dime-ing us. Maybe branch out to other places as my son gets older. With a 3 year old, Genie+ is useful for decreasing wait times but its going to really hurt this trip since we are bringing my in-laws. Ugh and $27 is only the base charge too. I'm a huge Disney fan and I don't gush about them like I use to.

View attachment 770403
View attachment 770404

I used to do what you are doing but now just do it on a yearly basis as I discovered recently that there is a max number of transactions that will show. It states the Max records are 252 but that never shows on my screen. I have had to call before to see what transaction I forgot to record as the call center can see all transactions. For Example this was a card that was bought in 2020 from Kroger when you could get 4x on gas and then Chase offered Pay Yourself back for 1.5x from grocery stores when using the Sapphire Reserve.

The farthest the webpage will go is to 10/18/21 when I transferred another $50 to this card.
There are 32 transactions that it lists for me after selecting "All" at the top and "Show All" in the bottom right.
There were a lot on this gift card and as you can see it doesn't even show the "Initial Load" of $100 followed by 3rd party on the list of transactions.

View attachment 770405
This is my plan once the website works again! I also noticed I have reached the max records on my Stitch GC (and probably most of my other GCs). I have about 15 physical GCs from ShopDisney direct. I just HATE how they have the sticky scratch off area now. I was so excited for the 100th design until I saw that silver strip.

I'm in no hurry as I have enough to cover tickets I'll be purchasing in the next week so no need to call in, but I'm sure it's a pain for others trying to organize for trips soon. I just deleted it off the system because it won't move to any of the physical cards I have, the issue seems to be lying with the digital card. Seems like Disney IT at it's best 🤣
I had 5 physical GCs that wouldn't merge and 5 e-GCs that wouldn't merge. I think the entire feature is just broken, even for older established cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter