• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UPDATE - ALL restaurants from 2008 back on for the 2009 DDP!

You would think Disney would be able to be heavy handed with third party restaurants by threatening to not renew leases and whatnot depending on how much business Disney does with them outside of Disney World.

There will be plenty of "rumors" about this and that I'm sure but it's hard to put any weight behind them. It's the internet so anyone can say anything. So as far as rumors are concerned just assume that there is a "rumor" that any one restaurant will be included and another "rumor" that says it won't be included.

The power is in disney's hands I am sure they have some punative clauses in their contract that they can use. Or make business so difficult that it isn't worth them staying.

I remember reading a posting yesterday that said that Teppen Edo has been added and Chefs de Le France. Someone had called and a CM told them they had been added.

I just made an adr last night for Chefs and was told that it wasn't on yet.

Does anybody know up to what point can you cancel the DDP from your package?

If they don't end up adding most of these restaurants that are currently missing from the 2009 dining plan, we will most likely cancel our plan from our package. As it was we were going to lose some money on the plan, but the convenience was going to be worth it. But, not if we also have to pay out of pocket for two of the restaurants we plan on eating at...

If they don't end up adding most of these restaurants that are currently missing from the 2009 dining plan, we will most likely cancel our plan from our package. As it was we were going to lose some money on the plan, but the convenience was going to be worth it. But, not if we also have to pay out of pocket for two of the restaurants we plan on eating at...

You can add the plan 72 hours before going so I am sure you can delete it. Not 100% sure though.

Usually if you are changing your package to make it cost less overall you must make the change 45 days or more from the start of the trip (or pay a change fee of some kind). That being said you can add things to the package (making it cost more) within 45 days. So if you are really worried about it I guess you could drop the plan now and add it back on later if you find out the restuarants are on the plan. I think it is is HIGHLY likely that most if not all will be back, so don't stress too much.

I was really looking forward to alot of the restaurants that are in Epcot and now are rumoured to not be on the plan.:idea: :sad2: Hopefully updates will be available soon.

I was really looking forward to alot of the restaurants that are in Epcot and now are rumoured to not be on the plan.:idea: :sad2: Hopefully updates will be available soon.

we go through this every year. There really is little to no fluctuation year after year. I would not worry about it :)

has anyone heard anything about the T-Rex cafe in DD being on the DDP? And is that restaurant considered CS or TS?

has anyone heard anything about the T-Rex cafe in DD being on the DDP? And is that restaurant considered CS or TS?

Unfortunately, T-Rex has sent emails to several Dis'ers stating that they are not going to participate in any dining plans other than the Premium and Platinum (both of which are more than $100/day)

Unfortunately, T-Rex has sent emails to several Dis'ers stating that they are not going to participate in any dining plans other than the Premium and Platinum (both of which are more than $100/day)

thanks for the info. I didn't even know there was a premium or platinum!

Premium Package ($159 per night per adult, $109 per night per child)
Breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus two snacks, per person, per night.
One resort refillable mug per person
Unlimited selected recreation, including Golf, Miniature Golf, Water Sports, Archery, Tennis, Guided Fishing Excursions, Cane Pole Fishing, Horseback Trail Rides, Pony Rides, Carriage Rides, Horse-Drawn Wagon Rides, Bike Rental and Watercraft Rental.
One admission per person to Cirque du Soliel La Nouba
Unlimited use of Disney Children’s Activity Centers
Unlimited admission to selected theme park tours
Preferred fireworks viewing areas for Wishes at the Magic Kingdom and IllumiNations at Epcot

Platinum package ($209 per night per adult, $144 per night per child)
Offers everything on the premium package, plus:
One Disney’s Photopass CD
Private in-room child care
One selected spa treatment per person
Fireworks cruise (one per reservation, everyone on your reservation is included)
Reserved seating at Fantasmic! (one per person)
Nightly turn-down service
Personalized pre-arrival itinerary planning
"Exclusive keepsake" (one per room)

I remember last year I booked my Planet Hollywood ADR in October for April. Was it possible that it wasn't on the list yet but most likely expected to be because it's been on the list every year? I really want to go back this April but am a little nervous because it's not listed.

Interestingly, I started from the walt disney world page about the 2009 dining plan, and it linked to http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...agespecific/en_GB/tickets/DiningLocations.pdf, which is supposed to be the list of 2009's restaurants -
it's clearly an old list, since it mentions MGM, restaurants that have changed names at EPCOT, old restaurants at the Contemporary, etc.

But wow is that misleading!

(I came to it from the 2009 dining page - http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdwi/en_GB/tickets/packageDetail?id=DisneyDiningPlan2009Page)

The 2009 list does not yet have any of the restaurants that are not owned by Disney (Planet Hollywood is one). These restaurants have not yet finalized their contracts.

For greatest accuracy, I would suggest not making changes to this list based on what a small number of posters are told by CMs at WDW-DINE. WDW-DINE has proven not to be a consistently accurate source of information regarding WDW restaurants. If there are enough reports to get a consensus, it might be worth it to state a restaurant is now participating, but on the strength of just a couple of reports I'd say not.

It would be wonderful if you'd post a link to the page or brochure you reviewed so we can see if a new list for 2009 has been released. As of yesterday, the DDP brochures for 2009 on the Disney website did not list the restaurants that are not owned by Disney.

It would be wonderful news if these restaurants were not on the DDP ~ this means folks going for a last minute trip might actually be able to get a table & not count points & credits!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana:

When I made my ADRs for San Angel Inn for our upcoming January trip, the WDW CM said to check back in January to see if it was accepting the DDP. This aggravates the OCD in me, now I have a spreadsheet of our ADRs and have to have a contingency plan in case San Angel Inn doesn't accept the DDP. Argh!

When I made my ADRs for San Angel Inn for our upcoming January trip, the WDW CM said to check back in January to see if it was accepting the DDP. This aggravates the OCD in me, now I have a spreadsheet of our ADRs and have to have a contingency plan in case San Angel Inn doesn't accept the DDP. Argh!

YEAH!!!! One more for our team:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter