UPDATE - ALL restaurants from 2008 back on for the 2009 DDP!

CarolinaMomOf3boys

I stepped onto the grass on the other side; it was
Thanks to United544 for finding the old list for us! Thanks Nala for finding the link!!

-------------------------------------------------
The below list shows only ONE minor name change to the DDP list from 2008! Everything is back in 2009. We all suspected it would end this way, but it's SO nice to finally see the list.

Link to new brochure - http://www.disneytravelagents.com/StaticFiles/DTA-Domestic/pdf/2009Product/2009Dining.pdf

All Star Movies. Music, Sports
No Change

Animal Kingdom Lodge
No Change

Boardwalk Resort
No Change

Carribean Beach Resort
No Change

Contemporary Resort
Tempo Grab and Go is Now Called Contempo Cafe (Counter Service) Otherwise No Change

Coronodo Springs Resort
No Change

Fort Wilderness Resort + Campground
No Change

ADDED: Meadow Snack Bar

Grand Floridian Resoirt + Spa
No Change

Old Key West Resort
No Change

Polynesian Resort
No Change

Pop Century Resort
No Change

Port Orleans Resort
No Change

Saratoga Springs Resort + Spa
No Change

Wilderness Lodge
No Change

Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
No Change

Osprey Ridge Golf Club
No Change

Magic Kingdom Park
No Change

Epcot
No Change

Hollywood Studio
No Change

Animal Kingdom
No Change

Typhoon Lagoon
No Change

Blizzard Beach Water Park
No Change

Downtown Disney
No Change

Disney's Wide World of Sports
No Change

Thank you United 544!!

wow i hope this chages, we love san angel inn and planet hollywood, both are a tradition when we go!!

I remember reading a posting yesterday that said that Teppen Edo has been added and Chefs de Le France. Someone had called and a CM told them they had been added.

also, someone posted the Big River Grille & Brewing Works is on the 2009 DDP (I believe they had called the restaurant directly to get a reservation.)

I don't quite understand this. I have looked on Disney's wesbite and looked at the bit about the DDP for 2009. I then looked at the restaurants that are included and all the ones that were on it last year are on the list, inc. Planet Hollywood, all the Epcot restaurants and CS places etc.

For greatest accuracy, I would suggest not making changes to this list based on what a small number of posters are told by CMs at WDW-DINE. WDW-DINE has proven not to be a consistently accurate source of information regarding WDW restaurants. If there are enough reports to get a consensus, it might be worth it to state a restaurant is now participating, but on the strength of just a couple of reports I'd say not.

I don't quite understand this. I have looked on Disney's wesbite and looked at the bit about the DDP for 2009. I then looked at the restaurants that are included and all the ones that were on it last year are on the list, inc. Planet Hollywood, all the Epcot restaurants and CS places etc.

It would be wonderful if you'd post a link to the page or brochure you reviewed so we can see if a new list for 2009 has been released. As of yesterday, the DDP brochures for 2009 on the Disney website did not list the restaurants that are not owned by Disney.

For greatest accuracy, I would suggest not making changes to this list based on what a small number of posters are told by CMs at WDW-DINE. WDW-DINE has proven not to be a consistently accurate source of information regarding WDW restaurants. If there are enough reports to get a consensus, it might be worth it to state a restaurant is now participating, but on the strength of just a couple of reports I'd say not.
I agree!

I also agree with Nala, this list will be most accurate if we stick with what Disney prints versus what a few CM's say.

I had a CM once argue with me that gratuity would not be extra but would be included with the price of our meal at Crystal Palace. I say argue not because they were mean, but because when I questioned them they insisted that it was. I made one more attempt to tell them why it wasn't included and they disagreed with me. :laughing:

LONG story short - they were wrong and I was right. Disney CM's aren't always a great (or even good) source of information. It's impossible to tell while you're on the phone if you've got a good one or not.

Does anyone know when the complete 2009 dining list of participating restaurants will be posted? I thought I remembered someone saying November.

Does anyone know when the complete 2009 dining list of participating restaurants will be posted? I thought I remembered someone saying November.

Last year it was Mid November for an updated list and the final list released in December.

Last year it was Mid November for an updated list and the final list released in December.

Thanks for the info! We want to try some new restaurants for our 2009 trips and it will soon be time to make our ADRs. I am wondering if most of the 2008 restaurants will be on the 2009 list.

I remember reading a posting yesterday that said that Teppen Edo has been added and Chefs de Le France. Someone had called and a CM told them they had been added.

Disney CMs aren't always the most informed people. Last year, when I was agonizing over the restaurant list because we had a 12-day deluxe dining plan booked for January, I was told by different CMs that Teppan Edo had definitely decided against accepting the plan, was still pending, and was confirmed - all within the same week! :rotfl: It was actually confirmed and added to the list about 2 weeks later.

Until the final list comes out, everything is just rumor and speculation.

The second version of the list came out in mid-November (around the 19th, based on when I last made changes to my ADR file). The final list wasn't complete until early December when the Japanese restaurants at Epcot signed on.

The Japanese restaurants changed management in 2007. Don't know whether or not that resulted in a longer than usual amount of time for them to finalize their contract for 2008.

What if "rumored to be added" was used for those restaurants that CMs say have been added? It just seems that if we wait for official word--say, in an updated brochure--the list loses a lot of utility.

Not sure "rumored to be added" will help much because that still is not confirmation that the restaurant has been added. The only official word is apparently when WDW releases the new list and updates their brochures.

Considering how difficult it can be to navigate the Disney site (a good example is how often there are posts asking for links to the DDP brochures) I think that this thread still has a lot of value, even with waiting for official word.

Once Disney posts the official word it's guaranteed that few will be able to find it on their site. :rotfl:

Truly all of the restaurants who are not officially added are all rumored to be added, because it's rumored that there will be no changes from 2008 to 2009.

There's also a rumor being widely quoted (and it's still just a rumor) that few if any of the third party restaurants will sign up.

Everyone will just have to keep their eyes out and when it comes out let us all know. My reservations are set for January but we are thinking of going back in the fall 2009 so I will be excited to see the new list.

There's also a rumor being widely quoted (and it's still just a rumor) that few if any of the third party restaurants will sign up.

I could be wrong but it seems like the rumor that they will all drop off the plan is coming from one particular source and everyone else is referencing that source... Time will tell...

You would think Disney would be able to be heavy handed with third party restaurants by threatening to not renew leases and whatnot depending on how much business Disney does with them outside of Disney World.

There will be plenty of "rumors" about this and that I'm sure but it's hard to put any weight behind them. It's the internet so anyone can say anything. So as far as rumors are concerned just assume that there is a "rumor" that any one restaurant will be included and another "rumor" that says it won't be included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter