• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update 11/13-Post #22: Live from OKW on Panera's free wi-fi!

My friend and her family will be there on Wed. They are driving from NC today. They will also be staying at OKW. It is their first time back in 3years. They have a 1y0 and a 8yo girl. They have only been over Xmas when it is so crowded. How are the crowds this week? I am really hoping it is not busy and they will have an awesome time.

Sorry it took so long to get back here. As you will read below there was a problem with the ethernet in the villa.
Bobbi's description of the location of Panera is exactly right. If you have to fight traffic in downtown Disney, it is not very handy. But in the morning when I went, it only took about 10 minutes from OKW. For those who have not been to a Panera, it is like a coffee shop with great bagels, pastries, salads, soups and sandwiches AND free wi-fi! Just bring your laptop, and when you boot up the connection is there and ready to go. No codes needed. AND it is high speed (seems faster than the DSL in the villa).
Day 2: Epcot and MVMCP and NOT magical moment
Just some notes on new things (since you’ve all been there!):
• Everyone loved the “Pop the Blob” interactive video game in the Soarin’ line. Made the time go much faster than the old trivia.
• Sure missed SE. It is one of my favorites.
• The icicle castle is absolutely gorgeous. I certainly hope they repeat this for a few years. I can’t post a picture because I forgot my camera in the room. Hopefully someone else will or I will try to get one. I just can’t tell you how magical it is!
• The new MVMCP parade is also better than ever. Seemed to follow more of a theme. And the tin soldiers were their same, wonderful selves.
The NOT Magical Express Bus:
DN had to join us a day late because of teaching. His flight arrived at MCO about 11:00 PM. We have never used ME but thought this would be good for him so we would not have to worry about getting back from MVMCP in time to pick him up. Turned out that ME had him going to SSR and would not take his word that he belonged at OKW. Made him get off bus, go back to check-in, they called resort, gave him a voucher after they verified, back to wait for a bus. Bottom line: he didn’t get to OKW until after 1:00 AM. Guess we’ll stick with a rental car or cab in the future.
The outlet saga continued…
After being told that our smashed outlet would be fixed today, noone showed up, so called maintenance and 2 MORE men were sent. Still not fixed. Another guy arrived and fixed part of it, left and then came back. So, after 5 visits and many phone calls, one outlet got repaired. Not exactly efficient. And the next occupants won’t even appreciate my being such a pest!

Day 3: Tech problems day
Animal Kingdom
Not much to report except that Lion King had a major tech problem that resulted in the cancellation of the Tumbling Monkeys portion of the performance. Amazing how much this took away from the over all fun of the show.
High Speed in Villa
I am typing this in Word and STILL waiting for someone to come and fix the Ethernet port in the wall. Looks like I may end up as a fixture at Panera. I am having cyber withdrawal!
7:00 PM: Tech just came and repaired the connection! The weather has been perfect all 3 days. 4 of our party are now at Cirque and are coming directly here so we can try to make Illuminations tonight. I haven't had time to catch up on the DIS and now I need to start getting ready to go.
Diane: Everything you have ever said about the GV is true. Wonderful! Glad I did an OKW add-on for the 11 month access to GVs here. If the resale value of the 2042 OKW contracts slips, I encourage folks to pick up some cheap points to treat yourself. (OOPS--maybe I'd better keep my mouth shut or I will be fighting even at 11 months for one of these GVs!)
Plan for tomorrow (subject to change): Seaworld. Haven't been in about 20 years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter