• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Update 11/13-Post #22: Live from OKW on Panera's free wi-fi!

jekjones1558

Always happy at Disney
Arrived on Sunday, Nov. 11 at 1:00 pm. We (family gathering--13 people) reserved 3 cars with Alamo and used the new kiosks to check-in. Way cool. Done in 5 minutes then picked our cars in the garage. Here is where the fun began. I had my drivers license, credit card, rental agreement together and ready to give the gate attendant but the credit card was gone by the time I got to the gate. One of our cars had already left. The other helped me look for it. LUCK! Found it on the garage floor near where the car had been parked!!! The remaining 2 cars left to catch up with the first, when the car following me realized he had left his new $1200 camera in another car in the garage that he originally had chosen! Made a u-turn and headed back to the garage. LUCK AGAIN!! Other cars around were all gone but the car with the camera was still there and he got it back.
Finally got to OKW. More luck! The GV was ready! though the 2 bedroom was not. We are in 2523, a fabulous location with a view of a pond, golf course and Epcot fireworks. The 2 bedroom was not ready until after 5:00, which seems too frequent these days. The desk gave a $50 credit to the room without asking (we took it anyway). The 2 bedroom lock-off is 2726 and 2725, not in the same building as GV but not too far away. We had hoped to have check-in done early enough to catch the last night of F&W, but it was too late by the time all was settled, so we just headed out for groceries. On the way I noticed that Panera is now open (a little before the Shrine Church and the Premium Outlet Mall, on the way to Publix). I LOVE their egg souffles (eating one as I type) and am bringing back some yummy pastries to the room. We'll be back for sandwiches and salads during the week.
Both rooms are in great shape (thanks, mousekeeping!) There is a smashed wall outlet in the living room of the GV, so the lamp won't work and it is too dark to read there. Called maintenance 4 times and they said they were on the way. On the last call I told them to forget it until Monday. I really dislike this sharing services with SSR. We had some issues with this when we were here in March. Nothing to get upset about, but it is an annoyance that should not be.
Today I'm taking newbies to Epcot and kids and moms are hanging out at the pool. 5 year old is excited to decorate flip-flops at community hall this morning. Tonight we head over to MVMCP. I've been to the party several times. We usually only do the show in Tomorrowland and the parade, but those marching tin soldiers are worth the ticket to me.
Hope to log-on later in the week.
P.S. Weather is perfect!

Thanks for the first installment of your report, Jean! WOW, you have already had a LOT of pixie dust between the credit card and the camera! Hope that is the end of the stressors for you on this trip!

How are the decorations this year?

Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Glad things are going well for you and the pixies are working so far!

I agree about the shared services with SSR. We got lucky last time and snagged the maintenance guy when he was going to another unit and asked if he would fix our light fixture in teh bathroom. I had no luck calling maintenance, and since it was already 2 days past my call to them, I had no remorse about nailing him in the parking lot.

Tell me how you are getting the free wifi???? Where is Panera?

Aren't those egg thingies at Panera's really delicious ? Every so often I stop at Panera's for one---what a treat ! I love to go in there cause it's such a relaxed atmosphere with everyone just chillin' and typing on their laptops !

Hope you are enjoying this fantistic Florida weather ! We are heading over to OKW the first week of Dec. and are also in a GV.

Enjoy your time at OKW and have Fun !!!!!

I'm trying to figure out the "free wi-fi". I can't believe no one else has asked, but that's probably because everyone else knows except me. So tell me, please-how did you get free wi-fi?

I'm trying to figure out the "free wi-fi". I can't believe no one else has asked, but that's probably because everyone else knows except me. So tell me, please-how did you get free wi-fi?

I agree about wanting to know about the wi-fi. It sounded like the free wi-fi was while you were at OKW, but after reading the report it seems like you just made a stop that had free wi-fi.

Panera has free wi-fi in their building.

I'm sure Jean isn't tapping Panera's wi-fi from OKW...even though that would be cool!

It's like Caribou Coffee and Starbucks Coffee...when you are in the coffee shop, a lot of them have free wireless internet. This Panera seems to have it.

Definitely good to know.

Where is Panera? Did they put one in DD?

From Jean's description, I think she was at this Panera this am.

Boy, you did have some pixie dust at the airport. Hopefully, that's it with misplaced items. Have a great trip. The weather sounds beautiful down there right now!

I think I saw the Panera "opening soon" when I was there in September. It's on the road that goes to the Premium Outlet Mall and the Mary Queen of the Universe church/shrine.

As we usually make a trip the the Outlet Mall, Panera will be a convenient place to log in and check email or whatever.

Wow - thank goodness you found the credit card and the camera. Glad to hear you having fun and would love to hear more about your grand gathering. I love that Asian salad with the chicken at Panera's. Have a great vacation.

I asked too, but I think Jean is too busy enjoying her trip to come back and explain.

The Panera link didn't work for me. I'm still trying to figure out where it is.

The Panera link didn't work for me. I'm still trying to figure out where it is.

If you leave Disney property toward Goodings, and make a right at that intersection...go under I 4, and make the first left. You're on the road that leads to the Shrine of Queen of the Universe. I'm pretty sure that the Panera's is on the right hand side, but it's on that road, before you get to the shrine.

Bobbi

Sorry don't know why the link isn't working. Tried again and it still won't. Anyway it is on Vineland Rd. Bobbi described the general area. Google Panera and enter zip code 32821 and you'll get it.

But as Zulaya said, WiFi is free at some Paneras, Starbucks, etc.. Jean was just filling us in as she enjoyed her breakfast at Panera.

Have fun, Jean. It sounds like a great family get together!:grouphug:

Glad to hear everything is going well. Do tell us about OKW as we will be headed that way for Mardi Gras!

Jean, sounds like your GV in building 25 has a great view! We were in one in 22 once, so just accross the golf course from where you are now. We loved the view there too, but it was a it of a hike to the bus stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter