Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We had some unintentional excitement. My oldest broke our toilet, so my husband was going to replace it on Friday. Of course on Thursday our 3 year old cuts his hand on it. So off to the ER he goes and got 3 stitches in his hand. He has been using it as a pick up line with older girls he meets. :lmao:
Oh my!

Plumbing problems are de riguer (sp?) in my family for holidays, but I must say we've never dealt with broken toilet. And to have to buy one on Black Friday? Ouch!

But the ER on Thanksgiving for that - I feel so sorry! Nothing worse. At least you get the amusement of his attitude about it! :)

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. We had some unintentional excitement. My oldest broke our toilet, so my husband was going to replace it on Friday. Of course on Thursday our 3 year old cuts his hand on it. So off to the ER he goes and got 3 stitches in his hand. He has been using it as a pick up line with older girls he meets. :lmao:
Oh my! Sounds like quite the excitement you did not need. I greatly admire your ability to take things in stride. Hope the little guy heals well.

I am so glad I don't have to go anywhere until Tuesday afternoon and evening. We got hit with a snowstorm on Friday and more overnight so the roads going into DH's work Christmas party were horrible. It took us over 30 minutes to go 6 miles. Trip normally takes 10-15 depending on how many of the 7 lights we have to stop at and if we have to stop at the traffic circle. All that the road crew did was a once over on one of the busiest roads in the area which incidentally is part of the US Highway System. The part maintained by the county was cleared off and great. Sure could tell where the dividing line was though. At least most of my driving on Tuesday will be in the smaller town where they at least clear the main roads and get as many of the residential areas as possible.

I am so glad I don't have to go anywhere until Tuesday afternoon and evening. We got hit with a snowstorm on Friday and more overnight so the roads going into DH's work Christmas party were horrible. It took us over 30 minutes to go 6 miles. Trip normally takes 10-15 depending on how many of the 7 lights we have to stop at and if we have to stop at the traffic circle. All that the road crew did was a once over on one of the busiest roads in the area which incidentally is part of the US Highway System. The part maintained by the county was cleared off and great. Sure could tell where the dividing line was though. At least most of my driving on Tuesday will be in the smaller town where they at least clear the main roads and get as many of the residential areas as possible.
Stay safe and warm!

Be safe!!

Stay safe!

I had forgotten we had a community service for 4-H this afternoon so ended up going out. Amazing the crews managed to at least somewhat clear the main roads. Why the larger town I live outside of won't authorize them to work nights and weekends to clear the roads is beyond me. The excuse it's not in the budget. Hello we live N of the 48th parallel chances are it is going to snow. I just try to avoid going to town on Saturday unless non avoidable in the first place. (traffic doubles with the out of county and out of state drivers as we don't have a sales tax plus we have major stores other than Albertsons, IGA, and Wal-Mart. Add in the holiday shoppers plus bad roads and no thanks I am not interested).
Got home to my laptop saying limited access on the internet so not able to work tonight especially since the server my work emails are on is telling me there is a connection problem on the second laptop. Tonight is doing laundry and picking up the house some so I can work tomorrow other than some meal prep and being at 4-H club meeting. Hopefully my DH can figure it out when he gets home from work early in the morning so I can work and watch the Dis tomorrow.

DH was not able to get the internet working so I am using mobile web on my phone. Waiting for a call back from tech support at my provider. Yes I actually talked to a person not the computer. Meanwhile not much getting done for my work.

DH was not able to get the internet working so I am using mobile web on my phone. Waiting for a call back from tech support at my provider. Yes I actually talked to a person not the computer. Meanwhile not much getting done for my work.
Plus 1 for talking to a human being! :)

Ugh I haven't posted in awhile. Been sick and still trying to get through it and just busy with life. Nephew had his Bar Mitzvah this weekend which was a ton of fun but it being just a few days shy of me finishing treatment for being sick I'm just exhausted. At least work seem slow this week. Suppose to take some tests for work by the end of the year but there are no testing times available so I've decided just not to stress over it until the new year. I'll just look at it as more time to study.

To my fellow DISers in the Dakota's, MN, WI, MI, OH, PN and anywhere else that this storm we are getting here in South Central/Eastern MT/ N Central WY area. It is a bad one. Billings area schools have been canceled for only the 4th time since the 1978-79 school year tomorrow. Check out this article http://www.ktvq.com/story/34067049/...regional-school-closures-and-schedule-changes. The closed one day about a year ago for extreme cold with the previous time being in February '90.
My dear children will not be enjoying a snow day since we are a home school family so they will have class.

Is it me or did the month of December entirely FLY by?? How is Christmas here already? I took a bad fall earlier in the week and am on crutches to add to it. Now to find a way to finish holiday prep including baking.

Is it me or did the month of December entirely FLY by?? How is Christmas here already? I took a bad fall earlier in the week and am on crutches to add to it. Now to find a way to finish holiday prep including baking.
I was trying to solve that problem by going out for Chinese. It didn't work - my husband has decided he wants to cook even if it might just be three of us.

Sorry to hear, hope you feel better SOON!

:flower2::rose::daisy:Nikki, Feel better soon!

Hanging out with dh's family until tomorrow. MIL treated us to haircuts and a hotel room nearby (due to my cat allergies). Yesterday people at MIL's church had to sing the church opening hymn longer due us hugging the pastor on way way in (he did the sermon at our wedding 20 years ago)..and we were late by a couple of minutes. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter