Unplugged Chit Chat Thread

Ugh!! Nikki, I hope you are doing better. Are you already out for Christmas? We don't get out until Friday at normal time. Our principal realized at the beginning of the month that all the other schools in our district will have a half day on Friday and requested we get the same. School board denied citing not enough warning to parents. Hmmm well that would have been more warning than a snow day. lol Heck our school only has 69 kids.

Feel better Nikki!

Thankfully found a PCP that I like and is easy to book. Did a physical plus a second opinion on the pneumonia. Final prognosis was that the urgent care doctor did not put me on a long enough course of antibiotics so back on another zpack and final check up on Friday where a 2nd X-ray will determine if I'm out of the woods or not. I already feel a lot better just on day 3 of the 2nd round. So thankful to have a real doctor now that I can go see when I'm sick or need a check up. Also glad that he understand I need to see proof of diagnosis or all clear due to some anxiety I have. Nice that he is willing to do the follow up X-ray so I can at least see what ever showed up the first time is gone.

Feel better Nikki!

Thankfully found a PCP that I like and is easy to book. Did a physical plus a second opinion on the pneumonia. Final prognosis was that the urgent care doctor did not put me on a long enough course of antibiotics so back on another zpack and final check up on Friday where a 2nd X-ray will determine if I'm out of the woods or not. I already feel a lot better just on day 3 of the 2nd round. So thankful to have a real doctor now that I can go see when I'm sick or need a check up. Also glad that he understand I need to see proof of diagnosis or all clear due to some anxiety I have. Nice that he is willing to do the follow up X-ray so I can at least see what ever showed up the first time is gone.
Helps, and means a LOT if you can find a doc you "click with", and feel you can trust!!

How is everyone 2 days before Christmas???? We went ice skating. It was the boy's first time skating. DH hasn't been skating in about 30 years, if not longer! It was so much fun. My oldest is a natural. He wants to go again. I am thinking of getting him a couple of lessons. I do not know how to actually skate, and he loves to know how to do things properly.

:santa: I hope that those celebrating this week had a great time...even if it is because its the weekend.

Just enjoying some peace and quiet tonight. DH went to work tonight. :yay:
:rolleyes1 Just kidding if he is reading threads...its been awhile since he was on the boards.

:flower1: New title to us on 12/15/2016 at 4am.... our oldest niece gave birth to our first great nephew---to us a Christmas miracle since he had his chord wrapped around his neck and body...thank goodness the doctor did an u/s one more time (he was breech position for several weeks before turning back). Complicated story. I help his G-MA (maybe it will be GG-MA) with packing his first Christmas gift from her. Baby and his mom are recovering well at their home. Now to plan our future trip to meet him in 2017!

Wow. Did the last week fly by or what?!

Ankle is going better - less swelling and pain - still a work in progress though. I'm off crutches at least.

Christmas was fabulous. How was everyone's? I spent today enjoying the post-holiday sales and got some great deals!!

Ugh!! Nikki, I hope you are doing better. Are you already out for Christmas? We don't get out until Friday at normal time. Our principal realized at the beginning of the month that all the other schools in our district will have a half day on Friday and requested we get the same. School board denied citing not enough warning to parents. Hmmm well that would have been more warning than a snow day. lol Heck our school only has 69 kids.

Wow. How did that happen? Don't they check the calendars with the other schools way ahead of time? We are out until the third. I'm excited to get caught up on things around the house and reading. Lots of planning and grading to do as well.

Still in full on Hanukkah mode. Just left a party and oddly get to rest tomorrow by working remote. The rest of the holiday is packed with hanging out with family and friends. Loving time with my younger nephews who don't live by the rest of the family so we don't see as often.

Just had to share with you all. It was a great Christmas in my house. At the top of this year's Christmas list were Disney Gift Cards to help pay for the upcoming trip next month. Very thankful for my family as that's what they got me and as of about an hour ago, the trip has been paid in full! Hope you are all enjoying the holidays!

Last edited:
Can I say already that I am not looking forward to Tuesday. I have to go out and drive to get my oldest to martial arts class, Bible Quiz practice, and a 4-H leadership meeting. The interstate has been closed about 40 miles west of us (I don't have to go that far) and there are several accidents in the area that they are asking people to stay off the interstate due to the amount of ice that we have. In addition we also have sub zero cold and the wind chill is terrible. The really bad thing is this is not our typical coldest time of the year. We broke the record for snow in the month of December set in 1955 in my area.

Can I say already that I am not looking forward to Tuesday. I have to go out and drive to get my oldest to martial arts class, Bible Quiz practice, and a 4-H leadership meeting. The interstate has been closed about 40 miles west of us (I don't have to go that far) and there are several accidents in the area that they are asking people to stay off the interstate due to the amount of ice that we have. In addition we also have sub zero cold and the wind chill is terrible. The really bad thing is this is not our typical coldest time of the year. We broke the record for snow in the month of December set in 1955 in my area.

Be careful!!

Happy New Year!

DH and I get to spend the whole NYE together (most years had him working)! We spent yesterday and tonight at a local light show (he turned down an invitation to the ABC Light fight show due to his time constraints. We broke out the rum so far for eggnog with our special dessert of cannolis...plus we both get to enjoy champagne together. I am happy that he is home since my NYE pal for 14 years is no longer here (we are still missing her....and tempted to get a pup).

:love2: Almost time! :hourglass

Happy New Year! Yesterday I spent the day camped out in front of the tv binge watching Sherlock. Season 4 premiered and I am so happy. I have been waiting 3 years for this show! Today it is snow!!!!! :woohoo: So I am currently ignoring laundry and snuggling under a blanket.

I leave for a few weeks and I come back and the new threads are about bathrooms and farting.

I give up.
We figured you were too busy on the new Presidents council thing. While you were gone Disney took care of Duffy. After hearing customer feedback they began adding him to all parks and a few moderate resorts.

Hi all. I realize I haven't been keeping up with this thread. Between work and the podcast cruise and the holidays, I've been busy running around. And we leave for Disney in less than 48 hours! Will any of you be there this coming week?

What plans do you have to be kinder to yourself?

This year I plan to be more mindful and compassionate towards me. I have some ideas on how to do that. I plan to be out in nature more.
I also am going to try and laugh more. I am trying to make a plan to have a retreat all by myself. Just for a few days. I am looking forward to it.

:scared: We went to the store today to get some groceries--it wasn't pretty inside at noon with combo of shoppers wiping out shelves for both super doubles and the storm prep. We are beyond well stock for any weather. Yep bought bread, but we usually get one in the freezer. We got too many bakery goodies. :rolleyes1 However, half are being frozen for next weekend. There were some good deals. Cheap beer was sold out and I noticed there was still milk there in low supply (we had a full gallon already and did not buy). I'm good on the emergency chocolate.
I think a lot of people must have french toast and eggs on their menus this weekend plus beer, fries, and hot dogs/burgers/chicken.
DH stocked up at another store for Coke products and rock salt. We might be doing rum and coke if we get too bored this weekend. :rolleyes1

Just after we ate lunch---we got our first sleet of the storms.

I've always called 'em Snow Vultures. (Snow can be substituted for hurricane, or anything else you might know is coming). Gotta love 'em - always looks like they NEVER have ANYTHING extra on hand, and exist solely on bread, milk, eggs, sometimes canned soup (the smarter ones, since that does not go bad), and snacks. And I guess the toilet paper they also always buy in jillions of rolls is for all the company they always expect, since they seem to be serving the breakfast items to a busload of their closest friends, based on the purchased quantities. And all with a vacant, desperate "it's all about me and mine - get outta my way" looks in their eyes, while feverishly clawing their purchases from the shelves, lest a single carton of eggs, or loaf of bread, escape their tentacles. It's comical, sad, and upsetting, all at the same time. And for God's sake - do NOT get in THEIR way in the checkout line - THEY are in a RUSH, and are the ONLY ones that have to check out/drive home/have things to do!!

With all that being said, I hope all those in the path(s) of any weather are okay, and stay warm, safe, and dry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter