UGH! Anyone else so frustrated with the dining plan...

LewisC
I've never been to the Golden Coral, but is that like Old Country Buffet? We really hate that place. I'm second guessing going to Chef Mickey's for dinner now, if it's going to be like OCB. I'm thinking maybe we should go to WP instead. What do you think?

Thanks for your input.

Chef Mickey's dinner is like Old Country buffet? Please tell me its not-- we're going there for the first time (for dinner) in a few weeks.

Cancel you DP if you are worried about wasting money and pay as you go,eat! It is alot of food I agree, especially at lunch. Adults can share...don't worry, be happy!

Dina said:
Chef Mickey's dinner is like Old Country buffet? Please tell me its not-- we're going there for the first time (for dinner) in a few weeks.

CM is a fun place if you have kids. There is a lot of different food items to pick from. You're paying for the characters. I think the food is better than Old Country buffet. I've never eaten at Old Country but I've walked past some, the ones in NY look pretty bad. I don't think the food at CM is significantly better than average buffet restaurants like Golden Corral and Sizzler.

My post was in reply to a person who said their parents don't like to spend money at restaurants. CM is priced for the fun dining experience NOT FOR THE FOOD QUALITY.

mefordis said:
LewisC
I've never been to the Golden Coral, but is that like Old Country Buffet? We really hate that place. I'm second guessing going to Chef Mickey's for dinner now, if it's going to be like OCB. I'm thinking maybe we should go to WP instead. What do you think?

Thanks for your input.

Can't comment on Chef Mickey's, however having been to both OCB and Golden Corral, I can tell you that Old Country Buffet is FAR, FAR, FAR (get the idea?) superior to Golden Corral :sad2:
Certainly decreases my desire to try CM's!

Regarding CM, of all the restaurants we ate at last Nov/Dec, it was my picky eater, DH's favorite meal!

I wouldnt worry about it. CM's buffet is pretty good, IMHO, just as good at H&V and CP.

We do NOT like Old Country Buffet or the Sizzler but we love CM.

We've payed for the Dining Plan our last 2 trips...never frustrated at all. Love it!!

I'd never consider sharing a meal though....don't think that's right on this plan. Why save a TS credit for later? Good grief, we couldn't even use up all of our snack credits. I don't see what we'd do with extra TS credits.

spaceacewannabe said:
Can't comment on Chef Mickey's, however having been to both OCB and Golden Corral, I can tell you that Old Country Buffet is FAR, FAR, FAR (get the idea?) superior to Golden Corral :sad2:
Certainly decreases my desire to try CM's!

I've never been to an OCB. The food at CM is better than Colden Corral and Sizzler but not as much better as you'd think from the price difference.

The purpose of my post wasn't to deter anyone with kids from going to Chef Mickey's. It's a fun restaurant and the food is fine.

I was really directing the post to the poster who was planning on treating their parents with dining credits. It was posted that the parents didn't think it's worth spending money in a restaurant. There are buffets in Vegas that give you outstanding food and are worth a premium. CM's really isn't that kind of experience. Someone comparing the food at CM with a budget buffet restaurant could easily say the food isn't twice as good as a budget buffet restaurant. You go for the fun and characters.

The food isn't bad.

I would go and just have a magical time. I don't really think the Restaurants will mind if the kids share a meal. I would just explain that they don't eat much and didn't want to waste food. My husband and I are not big eaters but we each got an appetizer last Sept, along with a meal and dessert each and ate what we wanted of it. I thought it was so much fun to go into a Restaurant and be able to each get anything we wanted. We NEVER splurge like that, so it was a very special treat for us. It is free even though you are paying rack rate for your room. I think if you got a discounted room you still wouldn't come out as well. Take the kids and have a great time. They are only little for a short time and if you can afford the trip, GO.

We are going to Disney World and have the DDP for free (NO COMPLAINTS FROM US AT ALL!!!!!!) Won't surprise me that the free DDP will pop-up on E-bay sooner or later :crazy:

opening bid for un-use TS at WDW anyone? :rotfl2:

We went last December and paid for the dining plan. At ESPN my husband and I shared 1 TS. The portions were huge. I ate the nachos and dessert and DH had a steak. DH purchased beer, so I had the soda. DS5 used a child's credit. DS2 ate off of everyone's plate. They did give DS2 a drink and didn't charge us. They also gave us extra plates.

We ended up with 1 extra table service that we didn't use when we left.

It's not like the tip is any bigger or smaller than if we paid oop. I don't see the problem with sharing in our case. I can see the problem if people are using child credits for adults.

This time we are only sharing with DS2 :rotfl:

Just go, don't worry about what you can't control and I'm sure it will all work out fine. You won't know what is what until you get there and there isn't any sense getting all worked up over something that may or may not be true. Besides, it's free, so if you don't like it it didn't cost you anything.

Don't cancel your trip. We also have a trip scheduled for Sept. I was getting anxious over readting the Dining Plan posts. We are spending 5 nights on CBR with free dining and then 3 nights at Poly without dining. We made ADRs for all out TS meals. I HATE doing that and like to have more flexibility. This forced us to also plan a detailed itinerary which I also HATE doing. I made the ADRs on the advice of a CM. He said you can always change or cancel if you change our plans. I also was fretting over the amount of food. Then I realized that we don't have to eat it ALL - we will only order what we truely feel we can eat this way there is no waste. After all the DP is free so we are still ahead of the game. We are also going with two kids 11 and 14 who are fussy eaters. We told them that this is a chance to experiment and try things that they might not normally order. Look at it as a culinary adventure!

Pat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter