Typhoon Lagoon on a normal day?

Dis Dragon

Rawwwwr
Going in August and I just started wondering how long do lines get during that time? Reading through a glow night post made me wonder if the lines are long enough to make it worthwhile. Are there certain slides that are always slammed? If anyone has a schedule that avoids wait times in regards to slide order I would appreciate it.

Also same question for BB.

The lines are longest for the most popular slides (Miss Adventure Falls and Summit Plummet are examples in each park.) The shortest lines are during the first and last hours of operation. The most crowded time is 11-3pm. The afternoon storms usually send people who arrived at opening home. Lines are short immediately after storms as well.

At either water park, the first hour you can ride nearly anything with no wait. Same with the final two hours, storm or not.

At TL, there are a few that get lines fairly quick. Miss Adventure Falls, which is the family tube ride. Humunga Kowabunga, the "big" slide. Crush Gusher, which is the "roller coaster" slides, where you go up hills, not just down. Truly, the order you tackle these doesn't matter, you can hit all 3 in the first 45 minutes with no troubles. During the peak of the day, lines for those three can be 30-60 minutes. The other slides will go from 20-40 minutes, roughly.

At BB, there is definitely an order you want to follow. Summit Plummet first. It's their "big" slide. Unlike Humunga at TL which can take 3 people at a time, Summit only takes one, so the line builds fast. Next to hit is Slush Gusher, which is literally right next to Summit. Same deal there. One at a time, line builds fast. Then go do Downhill Double Dipper. It's line also builds fast, it's a tube slide that's two at a time and doesn't have a high load capacity. From there, we hit the mat slides....forget the names off the top of my head, but they're right next to each other. One is an 8 wide race, the other has 3 individual slides. Then go to the "back side" of the mountain and hit Runoff Rapids. Then Teamboat Springs, the family tube ride....the line for that can look long, but it can take 6 at a time and it moves quick (though it usually doesn't have a huge line anyway). I do NOT recommend using the chairlift if you're in a hurry. While it's cool, it's slow and stops very frequently due to guests not knowing how to use it. It take much longer than the steps.

At either park, when they open at 10am, showing up at 9:50am is more than plenty, no need to be 30+ minutes early. You can easily accomplish all of the above before 10:45-11:00am. We do it routinely...in fact it is a routine for us. Once we hit all the big ones, we start repeating things we feel like doing a second time, before lines get longer. Then we hit the lazy river and wave pools once we're done with the slides.

Hit or miss. Not sure during summer hours, but every other time Ive been lines are at most 10 minutes....usually 2 - 5. The water parks never seem too crowded when Ive been (March, May, Oct usually). Im curious to see summer operations. I would assume a lot of locals will be there since APs to the water parks are next to nothing $$.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter