Tusker House Mac and Cheese!

Mark Cameron

Mouseketeer
I had the Mac and Cheese at Tusker House for the first time last weekend and that stuff is awesome! Anyone know the recipe or what kind of cheese is in it?

Can't wait to eat there in April. Great to hear they had good mac and cheese!! Most of the mac and cheese on property is basic Velveeta plastic looking cheese.

Can't wait to eat there in April. Great to hear they had good mac and cheese!! Most of the mac and cheese on property is basic Velveeta plastic looking cheese.
Oh not the Tusker House mac and cheese! It's not even yellow, it's white and delicious!

So i took your advice and emailed them. I got a response today that says they forwarded the request to the Chef at Tusker House. It went on to say that a lot of times they won’t give out the recipe so we will see. They said it coukd take a while. I will let yall know, because I know yall are intrigued!

My very picky 17 year old will be happy to hear this. He practically lives on mac and cheese.

I have a Tusker house lunch reservation on my upcoming trip and i LOVE mac and cheese, so I can't wait for this now!

so excited to hear that it is good, next year will be the first trip that we skip our favorite breakfast at Tusker House and go later for dinner

We will be there March 2 for a 10:35 am so I hope they have some at lunch! I love mac and cheese.

Pretty much everything is good at Tusker House. We all loved the Mac & Cheese, but also the mashed potato and the salmon was incredible.

So i took your advice and emailed them. I got a response today that says they forwarded the request to the Chef at Tusker House. It went on to say that a lot of times they won’t give out the recipe so we will see. They said it coukd take a while. I will let yall know, because I know yall are intrigued!

I recently emailed them for a few recipes too. *crosses fingers* I have gotten most recipes I have asked for in the past :)

Hey everyone,

I just happened to be at Tusker House two weeks ago. While chatting with our fabulous waitress, I mentioned how much I loved her recommendation, which was the mac and cheese. She got me the recipe card for their white cheddar pasta. Unfortunately, the card gives the ingredient amounts for what the restaurant uses, meaning that the amounts have to reduced. I haven't had an opportunity to do that yet, but below is the transcript for the recipe I did receive.

White Cheddar Pasta
Tuskers yields 4 vessel

1 1/2 bags Cavatappi Pasta
8 oz Kosher Salt
4 oz Blended Oil

For noodles: fill tilt skillet with water add salt and oil. Bring to a boil, add pasta cook them until al dents. Pasta has to be cooked, but firm

Sauce for Pasta
1 gal Heavy Cream
1 3/4 gal Whole milk
1 1/2 lbs cream cheese
5 lbs white American
5 lbs Shred white cheddar
2 oz Kosher Salt
1 tsp white pepper

Pull all the cheese and Portion by patch and zip it.
Reduce temperature to 225 degree
Drain the water from the pasta. Then add the heavy cream and milk. Stir using a wire whisk until cheese melts. Adjust seasoning. Then place in vessels.

Before service stir pasta in vessel to make it creamy.

I got an email today with the converted recipe. Pretty cool! Here you guys go:

Ingredients

1 lb. Cavatappi Pasta (could substitute with elbow macaroni)

1 tbs. Vegetable Oil

16 ozs. Heavy Cream

32 ozs. Milk

12 ozs. Cream Cheese

1/2 teas. White American cheese (slices)

1/4 teas. White Cheddar Cheese (shredded)

Salt to taste

White Pepper to taste

Procedure
  1. Place water and the oil in a pot on stove and bring the water to a boil.
  2. Add the pasta and cook until the pasta is al dente.
  3. Drain the water, but do not rinse the cooked pasta.
  4. Place back on stove and reduce the heat to low.
  5. Add the heavy cream, milk, cream cheese, and cheeses to cooked pasta.
  6. Stir until the cheeses have melted.
  7. Adjust seasoning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter