• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Tusker House Mac and Cheese!

I got an email today with the converted recipe. Pretty cool! Here you guys go:

Ingredients

1 lb. Cavatappi Pasta (could substitute with elbow macaroni)

1 tbs. Vegetable Oil

16 ozs. Heavy Cream

32 ozs. Milk

12 ozs. Cream Cheese

1/2 teas. White American cheese (slices)

1/4 teas. White Cheddar Cheese (shredded)

Salt to taste

White Pepper to taste

Procedure
  1. Place water and the oil in a pot on stove and bring the water to a boil.
  2. Add the pasta and cook until the pasta is al dente.
  3. Drain the water, but do not rinse the cooked pasta.
  4. Place back on stove and reduce the heat to low.
  5. Add the heavy cream, milk, cream cheese, and cheeses to cooked pasta.
  6. Stir until the cheeses have melted.
  7. Adjust seasoning.
This is awesome thank you!!!!! I love mac n' cheese. Even the plastic orange kind! :teeth: I'd definitely sub out the curly pasta for the elbows. I think elbows are tastier with mac n' cheese. Thanks again!

I'm thinking the cheese shouldn't be a teaspoon? Cup maybe? Anyway, it looks so good.

White American is the yellow kind v. the orange kind, which is called yellow. :confused3

I'm thinking the cheese shouldn't be a teaspoon? Cup maybe? Anyway, it looks so good.

White American is the yellow kind v. the orange kind, which is called yellow. :confused3
I was just thinking the same thing and came here to ask about the teaspoon. Was wondering how you could do that but I guess that’s the way it converted down. The white American cheese is in fact white and the regular American is orange.
Any chefs on here that could help out?

Not sure about the teaspoon but in paring down using their method of the other ingredients, the two cheeses should be the same amount and should be about 6-7 oz each

White American Cheese is not "real" cheese to this Wisconsinite so I think I will stick to my own recipe using a local cheese factory's version of white Cheddar and Gruyere blend but the quantity of milk and cream are different so I may consider the ratio. The cream cheese add is also new. I think it would be awesome.

How on earth did I miss the mac n' cheese? Probably because I was too busy stuffing my face with the shrimp and collard greens!! :rotfl2:

I'll have to check out the mac n' cheese when we go in August! :woohoo:

I made this the other day and it was pretty good. I've never eaten at Tusker House so I don't know how it compares. It was the easiest Mac and Cheese I've ever made. I think the amount of milk and cream is off because 32 and 6 oz is alot of liquid. I used 1/2 but it cooked up more than I thought it would. 24 and 9 oz is probably about right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter