Trying something different

Pop is the way I would go. Renovated rooms, bigger beds ( AOA has doubles and POP has queen sized) Microwave, fridge and coffee maker).

I would second staying at either POR or POFQ. I feel they are a big step up in class although they are a bit more expensive. But I would consider the upgrade since on an adults only trip you will likely be spending less time in the parks and more enjoying the resorts / dining / entertainment.

I am curious as to why you have the need for a kitchen. You will not be traveling with your kids, so food costs will be lower. I agree with other posters: pick up muffins, fruit, breakfast bars, water to keep in your room.

Regarding AOA...it's definitely not a place to save money. You could get a moderate for less, and it will "feel" more adult. My DH and I have been to WDW twice without kids. It's a completely different way to enjoy Disney.

Have a great trip!

I appreciate all of your feedback. :thumbsup2

It's not that I think we'll need the kitchen for many meals, it's more like waking up and not having coffee or breakfast before leaving for the parks. We do rope drop so not having a kitchen will mean different planning for the mornings. I'm sure we won't want to stop for breakfast.

Pop is the way I would go. Renovated rooms, bigger beds ( AOA has doubles and POP has queen sized) Microwave, fridge and coffee maker).

I haven't looked into renovated rooms. Thank you.
I'll also look into the least expensive moderates.

It's not that I think we'll need the kitchen for many meals, it's more like waking up and not having coffee or breakfast before leaving for the parks. We do rope drop so not having a kitchen will mean different planning for the mornings. I'm sure we won't want to stop for breakfast.

Unless you are attached to the pools at AoA I would for sure switch over to POP. NEW ROOMS, QUEEN Beds, Beverage center set up is nice for modified kitchenette space, new bathrooms ........... and you can walk over and see AoA. We actually like to have breakfast in room, one eats while others in bathroom. Yogurt, Muffins, Fruit, Juice .....

AND compare your dates to CSR and CBR. The construction has seemed to offer up some nice rates at those two.

And I wouldn't rule out the Disney Springs resorts (if you feel you need shuttle buses) and some of their deals.

I understand the decision to choose a value resort. Yes, I love the Mods and Deluxe Resorts, but when it's just me, I have to go value. I also, order breakfast foods/coffee, gallons of water to be delivered via Prime so that I don't waste time eating when I want to get a lot accomplished in the first few hours of park touring time. Renting DVC points can get you a studio for around the price of a value resort if you time it right. Enjoy your vacation for two!

I appreciate all of your feedback. :thumbsup2

We stay without the 'kids' in WDW often, usually without a kitchen and we eat breakfast while getting ready in the room (except when staying CL). As others have said you have a coffee maker and fridge (sometimes a microwave) in the room so it is easy to have a quick breakfast right there. Just bring a few groceries (bread, peanut butter, fruit, cold cereal).

If you want to stay in a value resort, I second the idea of POP over AoA. Better value for $$$, newly renovated rooms, more 'adult' atmosphere and right next to AoA. Eating 'out' is a big part of the fun for us in WDW. You can share entrees in many cases as serving sizes are huge at WDW restaurants.

The atmosphere at the moderates or even Swan/Dolphin (with a good discount ) is wonderful. It isn't much hardship to stay in these rooms for a few days. :) As a matter of fact, we enjoy it!

Good luck!!

About 8 years ago, we figured out that Swan and Dolphin are run by Starwood (soon to be Marriott) and you can book on points. Use the Starwood Preferred Guest American Express and you can spend yourself into a free vacation. They have a 5th night free deal, too. So book 4 nights on points and get the 5th night free.

One gift my husband gives to me is that we NEVER stay at a place with a kitchen. Kitchen=work. He wants me to have a real vacation, not just a change of scenery. Embrace the vacation!

I don’t cook on a Disney vacation, and wouldn’t be running back to hotel to cook lunch and dinner. If you’re all about saving money I’d look into Pop rather than AoA. The rooms are newly refurbished and have 2 queen beds and coffee maker in room! Never understood why they didn’t put them in all the values.
I would really give some thought to staying at a moderate.
No matter what Resort I’m in I pack things for breakfast to make in my room. It’s easy to throw some bags of bagels in luggage, instant oatmeal packets, then I can buy some juice and cream cheese from resort store. You can use the food court toasters. And they also have hot water for the instant oatmeal since AoA rooms don’t have coffee makers.

I second Pop for the 2 of you. Especially if you get the dbl queen room where the second bed can stay up and you have table space.
Our couple trip we stayed at CSR and loved those new rooms as well - the new layouts of the remodeled rooms here and at Pop with beverage center is so nice!

Or-Doubletree suites at Disney springs will also get you more of the kitchenette (not sure where people are getting deals that an onsite studio is same price as the Doubletree? I often find great deals at DT). You also have a tru suite experience with a kitchen table, living area and separate bedroom. We stayed here 2nd half of our couples trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter