Trying new things during quarantine

palavra

DIS Veteran
Is anyone else finding time to try something new during this time? I am still working because I was already working from home, but, with extra time on the weekends, I've decided to take an online painting class and am starting to learn to crochet. Who knows, I may even start writing that book I've always meant to write. So, what are you finally doing that you haven't had time to do before the quarantine?

Good question:)
I am an avid crocheter and love it. You can do it anywhere and it's satisfying to see a project progress as you do it.
I also have more time to sew and quilt. I am deep cleaning. That's something I put off. I am going for more walks and that's good for my health. I am cooking more and trying new recipes. I am sorting out old clothes and going to donate them later. I am doing a yoga routine to help too. My husband and I are finding board games that we love to play; never had the time before. There is a lot of good in these things, but I miss our "normal" too!

My family doesn't know it yet, but on Saturday all light fixtures will be coming down for cleaning. Usually it's something I tackle in smaller groups, trying to get through everything 3 or 4 times a year. This will be the first time I remember bringing all of them down in one round. Hey, there's four of us. Usually I'm lucky if I have an extra pair of hands for a group or two.

Somehow I have the feeling I will not get the proper recognition for being the fun member of the household this weekend.

DUOing (facetiming) with all three sons, grandchildren and dogs at the same time on my phone. Now that can do a number on 'ole Grandma's eyes!!!! :crazy:

Using Zoom for book club is a whole new experience. It’s a lot different than using it for work.

I've always enjoyed knitting. Recently, I found several groups that donate knitted items to charities. So far, I've finished two blankets for a kitten rescue. I'm working on four small blankets for a wildlife rescue. I've also found a place that takes knitted squares. You send them in and they sew them together to make blankets for people who need them. The other day I pulled out the sewing machine to make face masks. So far, I've made enough for my family to use. We wash them after each use, so we have plenty to rotate.

I'm very glad that we downsized our home last year. We moved at the end of June and everything was sorted and organized for the move. We really don't have anything to weed out right now. Closets are still organized. The house is in excellent repair because we haven't had time to mess it up yet! I can focus on keeping it clean without having a bunch of extra stuff to do.

Sad to say--nothing here for me!!

I did clean my dining room light fixture. I'm teleworking in the dining room and keep looking up at the light fixture wondering why some of the glass things were looking dull. Duh...dust. So I wiped them down during a very boring conference call.

Otherwise, I seem to be in my same old boring routine. Work, cook dinner, eat, call parents, watch one of my "shows," go to bed. I'm taking the "keep your routine" mantra to an art form!

I am grateful that I was able to transition to work from home so now that I don't have a commute, I've been taking online ukulele lessons

DD has some plastic canvas and yarn she got from grandma but never used, so she asked me to make her a box. Never did that before but thankful for internet instructions! When I finish that there's a couple things I want to try -

A facebook friend was showing off a gorgeous wrap she made on her round loom so it inspired me to try something on the one I bought a while back but haven't used yet.

The kids are doing the free guitar lessons from Fender. I'm thinking about giving it a try, too.

I’ve thought about taking up cross stitching again but then remembered I quit because I can’t see.

I keep seeing ads on Facebook for Diamond/Gem Painting kits. Has anyone done one of these? I'm getting tired of doing jigsaw puzzles!

I have always wanted to write a book but have always been intimidated. I keep thinking you have to be a professional writer. I guess in the age of Amazon publishing anyone can write a book. I am an avid reader and always wanted to do a series of romance/mystery type books. I have actually started putting some thoughts down. Not sure if anything will come of it, but it's nice to dream.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter