• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trump at the Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the Hall of Presidents show, and definitely won't miss it this July. Whether I voted for them or not, it has been a joy to see each President added over the years. We've happened to be visiting in July after several of the recent changes (1999 - Saw President Clinton, 2001 - President Clinton in his new spot, no Bush, 2002 - new President Bush, 2009 - new President Obama, 2017 - new President Trump) and decided to make it a family tradition every 4/8 years.

We see it and the American Adventure every trip. More to Hall of Presidents than the animatronics. We love the introductory movie in the show. Maybe it's because we are older and lived through many of the events or maybe it was being a Vietnam veteran and it gave some sense of patriotism/pride to see it when it seemed the rest of America hated us.

Ok I now we're not supposed to joke or be political but I do have a serious question... what would happen if he was no longer president, and it just happened to be a short time, what would happen? Like if something were to happen during the installation time?

Ok I now we're not supposed to joke or be political but I do have a serious question... what would happen if he was no longer president, and it just happened to be a short time, what would happen? Like if something were to happen during the installation time?

I imagine they'd go through with it being he still would be/have been a president.

Well...I suppose if he'd been President for any length of time, he should be in there. If something happened and there was another President that came after him but before it reopened...I don't know. They'd put both in? It would be unprecedented, I think.

If he is sworn in as president, he will be in the Hall of Presidents.

I imagine they'd go through with it being he still would be/have been a president.

Well...I suppose if he'd been President for any length of time, he should be in there. If something happened and there was another President that came after him but before it reopened...I don't know. They'd put both in? It would be unprecedented, I think.

If he is sworn in as president, he will be in the Hall of Presidents.
That's what I thought, I was just curious if something were to happen before the July reopening date and would have to delay it longer what would happen

Yeah I think once he is sworn in and is President he would be in the hall no matter what. Now if a term wasn't fully gone through and a VP or someone else was then sworn in I am not sure if Disney would put that person in the hall or just wait until the next election.

That's why I feel sorry for the Cast Members when it reopens; I just don't think some people will be able to sit nicely and watch the show with the new addition. I think they might have to increase management or security at least for the first few weeks.

They didn't have to increase management or security when Obama was unveiled and their was booing at almost every show I went to that first year. Unless people are getting into fist fights I don't think they'll have to have more staff.

With out getting political or anything while I did not vote for or support or president elect I actually am interested in HOP. It won't be open while we are there next but perhaps I'll go. It isn't an attraction we seek out but if we have done everything else in Liberty Square area we will wander in from time to time.

I do plan to go to the HoP when we visit again in September. My parents have never done the HoP in all of their trips. When my husband and I took a trip last fall, I made it a point to do all the "educational" or "boring" attractions we skipped when I was younger. I really enjoyed the HoP.

Regardless of people's political opinions (and I'm not trying to make this political just a statement) the HoP is still an attraction at a theme park. It represents American history. A president sworn in (and as others mentioned I do think it's the sworn in part) is part of American history even through scandals, impeachments, resignations, assassinations, etc.

*Again not trying to be political here just a statement of the attraction*

Love that this thread hasn't gotten nasty and that everyone is able to express their opinions so far!

Without getting too political I will say my candidate did not win, however, I'm a person who would like to be able to see everything at least once. I've never done HOP and even though I have certain political opinions I would love to see that many working animations in one place. Also it has a lot of historical significance. I'm also hoping we don't see any protesters and no one boos or anything.

Yeah I think once he is sworn in and is President he would be in the hall no matter what. Now if a term wasn't fully gone through and a VP or someone else was then sworn in I am not sure if Disney would put that person in the hall or just wait until the next election.
Gerald Ford is in the Hall of Presidents. He is the only President that was not elected by the American people. He replaced the elected VP of Nixon, Agnew, who resigned. As we all know, Nixon also resigned so Ford was sworn in as president.

Gerald Ford is in the Hall of Presidents. He is the only President that was not elected by the American people. He replaced the elected VP of Nixon, Agnew, who resigned. As we all know, Nixon also resigned so Ford was sworn in as president.
Ohhh did not know that. Thanks for that tidbit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter