Trump at the Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was only able to make it through the HOP once, just barely ........when they announced Martin Van Buren's name........................Sniff, Sniff........I just can't talk about it.......

I was only able to make it through the HOP once, just barely ........when they announced Martin Van Buren's name........................Sniff, Sniff........I just can't talk about it.......

Go Kinderhook

Wow, that would seem a stretch. You can say "damn" on network TV.
Just because you can say it on network tv doesn't mean it isn't a swear word. A lot of things can be said on network tv that I wouldn't consider family friendly.

I can't wait to see the HOP after the refurb. I saw it once in the last 8 years and that was more than enough. I really hope that people who can't control themselves just stay away instead of ruining the show for everyone else.

Wow, that would seem a stretch. You can say "damn" on network TV.
True, but I don't necessarily want my my child hearing it at Disney from a US President. I don't talk that way, and I don't allow my children to talk that way. It shows a lack of respect for yourself, and for others around you. I know I will get hammered for saying that, but that is how I was raised. Also, if Disney has rules about language, they should also be following them.

ANDREW JACKSON says, "It’s a damn poor mind indeed can’t think of at least two ways to spell a word."

I must have become desensitized to it, but I didn't even realize the word "damn" appeared in the show. I'm wondering what percentage of visitors are offended by it. It's definitely a "swear" word.

Last edited:

Wow.... seems a bit longer than needed. That said, I don't really know what needs to be done other than a bit of rearranging and a new soundtrack.

MG

It takes a few months to build an animatronic, and then (assuming there will be a new speech) they have to record it, get all the gestures programmed, synchronize the movements, re-record the whole show with a narrator, test it, etc. This a pretty complicated process. I'm assuming 6 months is actually a really short time, with people working full days, to get this arranged and done.

I found this pretty cool video on how they updated the show with President Obama. I think it's kind of cool when they explain what it is that he's doing, and show him a picture of his animatronic.

True, but I don't necessarily want my my child hearing it at Disney from a US President. I don't talk that way, and I don't allow my children to talk that way. It shows a lack of respect for yourself, and for others around you. I know I will get hammered for saying that, but that is how I was raised. Also, if Disney has rules about language, they should also be following them.
I think you're well within your rights to have that opinion, even if I don't agree with it.

Have you discussed your concern with Disney? It's keeping you away from the attraction so I would think Disney would want to know how they can improve guest experience. If you haven't let them know (because really they can't change what they don't know is an issue unless it's clear it's an issue) I encourage you to do so.

Just as an slight off-topic here there are words that some may consider curse words and there are some that many would consider curse words in at least 93 Disney films from 1940-2013; I found a list on IMDb which includes the curse word. I would assume there are more movies since 2013. I would encourage you to look up those Disney films so you as a parent have that information in case you don't want your children to be exposed to it. I'm saying this in an informative way (not a judgemental way at all I promise) because it seems like a very important topic for you.

ETA: for example Sleeping Beauty, White Fang, Tron (original one and newer one as well {edited to add that in}), Pinocchio, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, etc)

Last edited:
I think you're well within your rights to have that opinion, even if I don't agree with it.

Have you discussed your concern with Disney? It's keeping you away from the attraction so I would think Disney would want to know how they can improve guest experience. If you haven't let them know (because really they can't change what they don't know is an issue unless it's clear it's an issue) I encourage you to do so.

Just as an slight off-topic here there are words that some may consider curse words and there are some that many would consider curse words in at least 93 Disney films from 1940-2013; I found a list on IMDb which includes the curse word. I would assume there are more movies since 2013. I would encourage you to look up those Disney films so you as a parent have that information in case you don't want your children to be exposed to it. I'm saying this in an informative way (not a judgemental way at all I promise) because it seems like a very important topic for you.

ETA: for example Sleeping Beauty, White Fang, Tron (original one), Pinocchio, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, etc)

Don't forget the "damn" joke over at Epcot in the Lion King movie.

And this is why I won't allow my child to hear a word our new President Elect speaks.

We won't go again. We were there in November, and went to see the current line-up one last time. It was a pleasure, and it is sad to realize that I will never enjoy that attraction again.

That's sad. Many of us didn't like the president going out. Some don't like the president going in BUT many realize that our country is a democracy, we had a fair election and the people have spoken. It is healthy to accept change. I think we must all respect the position of the president and give ALL new presidents a chance. :thumbsup2

Personal feelings aside, I love that when I take my DS to MK for a dose of fantasy and a creative boost in addition to the entertainment factor, he can also see history come to life in this exhibit/Liberty Square. No matter on which side an individual stands, history is very important to us and obviously Walt recognized that and envisioned bringing it to life to share with our children in a way they would find engaging. I love and appreciate history and am grateful for a way to introduce it to my kid that he might be able to connect with - thank you Disney for carrying on with this attraction!

You're a smart woman. Not teaching your children hatred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter