Truly color blind, or just politically correct?

Truly color blind, or just PC?

• These customers are truly color blind.

• These customers are truly color blind, and the OP is a racist.

• These customers are silly and PC.

• I don't like any of these options.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Another thing...being FAT is something you can change, and is seen by many as undesirable. Last time I checked, you can't change your skin color and I didn't know being black was a bad thing. :confused3

tiggersmom2 said:
I totally understand what you are saying. This reminds me of an experience I had the other day at Fuddruckers. My husband and I were having a conversation....he was talking about a lady at his job and described her as "the black lady in HR". We were sitting in a booth and a black family was sitting beside us....my husband has a very loud, deep voice and it carries....they heard the conversation and asked to be moved. WTH???? You would have thought my hubby said he burned a cross in the ghetto. It was very irritating. :sad2:

Nope. Wont understand it. Being black is a lot different to being overweight - it's not a generally unhealthy, stigmatic medical condition. It's an unalterable shade of the visible light spectrum. Hardly something to be sensitive over.

I work in DC, live in the suburbs. I don't use race or skin color to describe someone because we have so many people of so many colors. I mean if I used the term "the black guy" the next question would be "which black guy". Usually "the guy in the blue shirt/flowered dress" would be a more accurate description for the person at the register. The reality is that I don't describe the lone white employee as 'the white guy' either.

tiggersmom2 said:
I totally understand what you are saying. This reminds me of an experience I had the other day at Fuddruckers. My husband and I were having a conversation....he was talking about a lady at his job and described her as "the black lady in HR". We were sitting in a booth and a black family was sitting beside us....my husband has a very loud, deep voice and it carries....they heard the conversation and asked to be moved. WTH???? You would have thought my hubby said he burned a cross in the ghetto. It was very irritating. :sad2:

Are you sure its because your husband said the word black that they wanted to be moved? Could it have been simply because he is so loud it was infringing on their dining experience, kind of like a crying child or something? Or myabe it had nothing to do with you at all they just did not like their table?

I'm curious as to why it was irritating to you if they did move because they overheard the word black.

chobie said:
Are you sure its because your husband said the word black that they wanted to be moved? Could it have been simply because he is so loud it was infringing on their dining experience, kind of like a crying child or something? Or myabe it had nothing to do with you at all they just did not like their table?

I'm curious as to why it was irritating to you if they did move because they overheard the word black.

Sorry Chobie, but it was b/c of the "black" comment. They were loudly complaining about being seated near "racist rednecks". It was very sad b/c we are just normal people and not racist at all. My 11 year old son was very upset.....it was just a sad over exaggeration by over sensitive people. :sad2:

saying the term "racist redneck" is pretty insulting in itself!! :rotfl:

tiggersmom2 said:
Sorry Chobie, but it was b/c of the "black" comment. They were loudly complaining about being seated near "racist rednecks". It was very sad b/c we are just normal people and not racist at all. My 11 year old son was very upset.....it was just a sad over exaggeration by over sensitive people. :sad2:

Whoa! You can't say the word black, but they can call you rednecks? I would have been upset too. It sounds like they were definately the ones with the problem.

tiggersmom2 said:

Did they say they wanted to move because of what your husband said?

Isn't possible that your husband's tone of voice bothered them?

chobie said:
Whoa! You can't say the word black, but they can call you rednecks? I would have been upset too. It sounds like they were definately the ones with the problem.

Like I said, it was very upsetting. My son's best friend is black...I wish he had been there.....then maybe nothing would have happened. :sad2:

Disney Junkie: If it was my hubby's tone of voice...they wouldn't have complained about being seated by "racist rednecks" I don't know if I should have even brought it up...it was bad enough when it happened. :guilty:

I can understand why people don't like the word black. Again, I don't pratically like being identified as white. Colour is not a really good descriptive word for some because you aren't describing a skin colour but a person's race. (If it were just a description I would be called that peach coloured person over there.)

I just don't understand why it bothers others so much that don't share this sensitivity. Is it that difficult to watch what you say in a public place especially if your voice is loud and booming? Two wrongs don't make a right. "Redneck" is an equally offensive way to describe someone.

Ali

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter