• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Trails End Questions

gfolchick

DIS Veteran
If I am staying off site, where do you suggest I park to go to Trails End, at The Wilderness Lodge and walking or at the depot and taking a bus?

Can non resort guests participate in the Campfire Sing A longs and movies? Do they check resort IDs?

Has anyone taken a carriage ride, and is it worth it?

We are 2 adults and 2 kids ages 5 and 8

Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

We always park at FW guest parking by the registration area and then take the internal FW bus. It takes about 15 minutes, including wait time for the bus and then actually being on the bus.

I beleive the campfire is for only Disney resort guest, but we've gone several times and they have never checked ID's.

I would plan Trails End for your MK day and take the boat over. It lands at the dock very near the resturant. Great for a mid day break.

We have always taken the boat over from WL. Not sure where the path is or how long it would take.

Not sure why, but I'm sure someone would know why sometimes the boat goes to MK first and then to FW. Others it goes straight from WL and then on to FW before going to MK.

We have been to the campfire two times and no one has ever checked ID's. You will need to take a bus from Trails End to get there though. Takes about five minutes or so.

Trails end is at the opposite end of Fort Wilderness close to the boat launch. The Campfire Movie is in the center of the campground about 15 min walk from the front of the campground or the boat launch area. It is rite behind one of the camp stores you can also take a bus inside the campground to either the 1400 loop or 700 loop
We have been to FW 6 times and never had to show any type of Disney Id's. We did the carraige ride this year I think it depends on which driver you get. It is not a must see or disney do in my book.
I would recommend the Boat launch not the path as it is pretty dark and quiet
Enjoy your trip and make PS for Trails end

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter