TR w/4000+ Pics/Disney on Ice w/184 Pics!!

Love, love, loving your TR so far. And may I just say that picture of Tyler and Addy at the last A in California, is probably one of the cutest pics I have ever seen. She just seems like such a ham!

Love, love, loving your TR so far. And may I just say that picture of Tyler and Addy at the last A in California, is probably one of the cutest pics I have ever seen. She just seems like such a ham!

Isn't she?:rotfl:

4175.jpg

Love how your husband rode right along with the kids!

Coasters: 5 Cheeseburgers, 5 fries, 2 kid meals & 6 cokes: $96.25
The food was comparable to cafeteria food that had been sitting under the lamps for long periods of time. The burger had no flavor, the fries were whimpy & unseasoned. The prices were crazy!! We've had nice sit down meals at Disneyland (where everyone ate) for the same amount or less!!

Usually I can't tell how tasty the food might be looking at the pics, but food from this place did not look good at all. Definitely way too expensive even though it is park food.

We went when I was 7 or 8 years old to Knott's and when we rode the stage coach and the robbers "robbed" us my family thought that it would be funny to not tell me that it was going to happen. I was hysterical and pretty much inconsolable. They were "taking" a prisoner and my dad volunteered. It was horrible. Really ruined the whole trip.

Oh no! Bad joke back then, but hope the family gets a good laugh out of it now!

Betty covered this meal, so not sure exactly of the break down but it ran us $165 for 5 chicken dinners, 1 chicken salad, 2 kid meals & 6 drinks + tax + tip.
This meal was worth waiting in line for. The biscuits just melt in your mouth, the chicken was perfectly seasoned, the sides & starters were all good, the boysenberry punch/float were tasty (and different) & each adult meal came with a piece of pie. There is so much food & 2 adults could easily share one of these meals but hey, you only live once....chow down & enjoy!!
This made up for the rest of the day. It was that good & the service was wonderful. We ended our day on a high note!
We will probably never return to Knott's for the park...but we will definitely be driving there for dinner again!

Knott's Berry Farm, the park. Our experience may not be typical or may be the norm. The crowds for a Friday in the summer was surprising. Our longest wait for a ride was 30 mins. Knott's reminded us of a State Fair. It gets set up on a flat, treeless area with rides, carnies, boardwalk games & barkers, mass produced greasy food that is triple the price & just not super friendly workers. It was hard to find shade & when you did find it....there was usually no seating. Walking by games & having the employees calling to you to pay more money was annoying. We found that Camp Snoopy was set up for very little kids & the thrill rides are for the older set. Not a whole lot in the middle or for families to ride together. You could do the trains & stage coach but that tires quickly. We didn't make it to any of their shows, so I can't comment on them. We also didn't see one character running around greeting kids. I wasn't expecting Disneyland but I sure was expecting a bit more than what we saw. It was an expensive $45/per adult for more than half of them to leave in less than 4 hours. Lesson learned!

That chicken dinner looks so yummy!

I did get a bit of a fair/carnival atmosphere vibe from the pics at Knott's. I think part of their problem is that a lot of things looked dull to me and needed some refreshing paint/cleaning. Plus, i would have also been very annoyed to have people yelling out to play games. I have a lot of life left, but think I will still be content if I never go to Knott's - too many other things to see in this world!

I actually liked the Tail o' the Pup chili dogs better than Pink's. Their chili was less, what should I call it, in your face than Pink's is. Pink's is good too, but I think it's a bit stronger of a chili than TOTP was. But when TOTP closed down, Pink's got some new business.

There's another chili place on Sunset Blvd. called Carney's (it's a restaurant in a big cable car/street car/train kind of structure) - they also serve yummy burgers and hot dogs, and they are locally popular but they never quite caught on like Tail o' the Pup hot dog or, especially, Pink's.

So is Pink's known for more of a chili dog or hot dog's in general? From a pic it looks similar to a Chicago style hot dog, and being a Chicago (suburb) girl, I love my Chicago style hot dogs!! :lovestruc

If I had a wrought iron fence, I would definitely have to have Micky head finials!

Those Big Boy burgers and sides look so tasty, a 101 times better than your Knott's lunch!

Thank you. Yeah it was something. The poor girls had quite a night themselves. While they were in the waiting room a bunch of thugly looking guys brought their friend in that had been stabbed. Thankfully they weren't alone. It was definitely an experience none of us care to repeat for sure. Other than being a bloody mess I think the bike survived it. I am taking pictures of it tomorrow and of the broken helmet. I figure my anniversary present is having Scotty alive.

It's the best anniversary present EVER!!!

She is quite the little poser......lol!!

Isn't she?:rotfl:

I'm sure you picked up on that when we got together.....you pull out a camera & she's right in front of it!! lol

4175.jpg

Love how your husband rode right along with the kids!

He's such a trooper!! lol

Coasters: 5 Cheeseburgers, 5 fries, 2 kid meals & 6 cokes: $96.25
The food was comparable to cafeteria food that had been sitting under the lamps for long periods of time. The burger had no flavor, the fries were whimpy & unseasoned. The prices were crazy!! We've had nice sit down meals at Disneyland (where everyone ate) for the same amount or less!!

Usually I can't tell how tasty the food might be looking at the pics, but food from this place did not look good at all. Definitely way too expensive even though it is park food.

It was horrible.....the kids said it reminded them of mass produced food for the schools......yuck!

That chicken dinner looks so yummy!

I did get a bit of a fair/carnival atmosphere vibe from the pics at Knott's. I think part of their problem is that a lot of things looked dull to me and needed some refreshing paint/cleaning. Plus, i would have also been very annoyed to have people yelling out to play games. I have a lot of life left, but think I will still be content if I never go to Knott's - too many other things to see in this world!

As you noticed....I put down the "Metal Scenery" because that was the only visual thing to look at. Not much landscaping. At least the boardwalk games are contained & not too many of them at DCA. The games were all over the park.....just cheapened it for me.

Oh and the dinner was the bomb-diggity!!! :banana:

So is Pink's known for more of a chili dog or hot dog's in general? From a pic it looks similar to a Chicago style hot dog, and being a Chicago (suburb) girl, I love my Chicago style hot dogs!! :lovestruc

I thought it was for their hot dogs, but after Sherry wrote about it....I was wondering the same. I looked at their menu & they have all sorts of different varieties & toppings. Would like to try it out sometime, but might have to drive over to their new one at Knott's (not inside the park) The line wasn't long at all there!!

If I had a wrought iron fence, I would definitely have to have Micky head finials!

Those Big Boy burgers and sides look so tasty, a 101 times better than your Knott's lunch!

I loved the fence & Mickey heads.....they never miss a beat for details!!

OMG! The 10 of you each in front of a letter is perfect! Love how each of you posed a different way!

We took 2 shots each & the first one was "normal" (what ever that is) & then one crazier one.....I picked my favorites from each person to put on the report.

As always loved the latests installments!!

As for the hollywood part I agree about the whole walk of fame thing. They had those cheesy characters there when we were there in 06 I think it was and the girls kind of wanted to see them but I knew better. They looked dirty and just lame. I think I read somewhere that the city got rid of them but not positive. But LOVED the soda fountain and wouldn't mind going there again and I agree I think it would be fun to have a version at DTD. I think it would do REALLY well!! I think they should have THAT instead of the other ice cream place that is there. MUCH more fun and would probably do a better business!!

And loved all your mm pics. We enjoyed our mm day but were bummed that areas like Adventureland weren't open. We wanted to eat breakfast in the park but nothing is really open early and we couldn't really do any rides accept fantasyland and the girls aren't into those much so for us it wasn't as worth it as we had hoped.

But we still had fun.

Michelle that whole ordeal with scotty just sounds awful. Thank god you answered your phone although I am sure they would have left a message and probably kept calling back till you did call or maybe called your kids or something although he might not have been lucid enough to know their numbers. And no offense but I am not a fan of Kaiser so this does NOT surprise me that they treated you that way!! That to me is just WRONG that they sent him home. Just plain DANGEROUS! Concussions can go wrong and that is just scary!

I am SO glad that he is doing better! What an ordeal and I didn't know it was your anniversary but Happy anniversary and you are right having him ok is the best present!!

Welp Laurie as always looking forward to the next installment but as I said getting really depressed cuz I know it is almost over :( LOL What will I do with myself ;)

As always loved the latests installments!!

As for the hollywood part I agree about the whole walk of fame thing. They had those cheesy characters there when we were there in 06 I think it was and the girls kind of wanted to see them but I knew better. They looked dirty and just lame. I think I read somewhere that the city got rid of them but not positive. But LOVED the soda fountain and wouldn't mind going there again and I agree I think it would be fun to have a version at DTD. I think it would do REALLY well!! I think they should have THAT instead of the other ice cream place that is there. MUCH more fun and would probably do a better business!!

And loved all your mm pics. We enjoyed our mm day but were bummed that areas like Adventureland weren't open. We wanted to eat breakfast in the park but nothing is really open early and we couldn't really do any rides accept fantasyland and the girls aren't into those much so for us it wasn't as worth it as we had hoped.

But we still had fun.

Michelle that whole ordeal with scotty just sounds awful. Thank god you answered your phone although I am sure they would have left a message and probably kept calling back till you did call or maybe called your kids or something although he might not have been lucid enough to know their numbers. And no offense but I am not a fan of Kaiser so this does NOT surprise me that they treated you that way!! That to me is just WRONG that they sent him home. Just plain DANGEROUS! Concussions can go wrong and that is just scary!

I am SO glad that he is doing better! What an ordeal and I didn't know it was your anniversary but Happy anniversary and you are right having him ok is the best present!!

Welp Laurie as always looking forward to the next installment but as I said getting really depressed cuz I know it is almost over :( LOL What will I do with myself ;)

I was happy the costumed people were gone.....if the city put an end to it...that's good!! We really wanted to look around at Mann's & was pretty much chased off. Anthony would have wanted to meet more of them & there was no way I'd be paying any more than I already did. If they would have just hung out & if you approached them, that would have been one thing....but they came at you.....very uncomfortable situation.

See I enjoy MM for more than just the rides. As you can tell.....I love to take pics. These early entry times are perfect for capturing the beauty in the park. I also love the quietness you experience that early in the day!

Glad to see someone agrees with me about Kaiser being negligent in sending him home that night. I'm so glad he is doing better & hope he continues to heal quickly!

I know.....we are gonna start winding down on the TR pretty soon. I will have photopass pics & other pics we need to scan in.....so it will continue a bit longer.....so no need to frown quite yet!! :rotfl:

Continuing on our Magic Morning. Our next ride was Pinocchio's Daring Journey:

6199.jpg

6200.jpg

6201.jpg

6203.jpg

6205.jpg

6206.jpg

6207.jpg

6210.jpg

6211.jpg

6212.jpg

6213.jpg

6214.jpg

6216.jpg

6217.jpg

6218.jpg

We stopped at the photo op area for Dumbo & got a couple family shots:

6219.jpg

6221.jpg

6223.jpg

Casey Jr wasn't running for MM.....would have loved to put my whole crew on that one & gotten a group shot.....bunch of animals!!! lol But I did take advantage of it sitting on the track to get pics of it......just wish they would have had the pathway open so I could have gotten better ones:

6224.jpg

6225.jpg

6226.jpg

6227.jpg

6228.jpg

6229.jpg

6230.jpg

Next will be more shots of Fantasyland!

So I took a bunch of random pics thru-out Fantasyland....you know, some of the little details!!

Lampposts by Dumbo:

6231.jpg

6232.jpg

The Carousel:

6233.jpg

6234.jpg

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride:

6235.jpg

6236.jpg

6237.jpg

The latterns hanging over the Teacups:

6238.jpg

Storybookland Canal Boats:

6239.jpg

6240.jpg

6241.jpg

6242.jpg

Flowers:

6243.jpg

Small World area:

6244.jpg

Popcorn cart by the Matterhorn:

6245.jpg

Matterhorn area:

6246.jpg

6247.jpg

6248.jpg

6250.jpg

6251.jpg

6252.jpg

The Monorail going overhead:

6253.jpg

Flowers:

6254.jpg

Finding Nemo Subs:

6255.jpg

6256.jpg

Next up will be Tomorrowland shots.

We went towards Space Mountain to ride (we took turns)....we sat by the water ball/globe:

6257.jpg

6258.jpg

6259.jpg

6260.jpg

The twins:

6261.jpg

6262.jpg

6263.jpg

Ty & Nick waiting their turn for Space Mtn:

6264.jpg

Space Mountain Pics:

6265.jpg

6266.jpg

6267.jpg

6268.jpg

6269.jpg

6270.jpg

A look around the area we were in:

6271.jpg

6272.jpg

6274.jpg

6275.jpg

6277.jpg

6278.jpg

6279.jpg

6280.jpg

6281.jpg

6283.jpg

6284.jpg

So as most of you know, Star Tours closed at the end of our first day (July 26). The plan was to get on it one last time before they totally change it.....unfortunately the line was always so long that we'd go by & say later....well later never came.

D23 also had a special Final Ride that would take place after the park closed. They would take the first 160 (which is what the ride will hold) & let them be a part of a special celebration & ride. They gave you an email address at 10am on a certain day & you would email them with the tickets goings first come, first serve basically. The first day this was set up for...they had a glitch in the email service, so they set it for the next morning. I had the email all ready to go with the info you had to provide (like D23 member #, name, name of guest, etc)....the only thing I had to do was paste the new email addy & paste it on the email & hit send. I refreshed page over & over until the new email came up. I copy/pasted & hit send with in 5 secs. I got an email 10 mins later saying the tickets were all gone. Bummer....it would have been the only D23 event I actually could be there for. Oh well.....I tried.

6285.jpg

6286.jpg

6287.jpg

A couple more shots as we left Tomorrowland & headed back to Main Street.

6288.jpg

6289.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter