• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TOO Much food! Our Jan.09 Deluxe Dining Adventure TONS of pics! Completed 3/4

I absolutely loveedddd your reviews! I cannot wait to get that fiesta marguarita & we are changing two of our ADRs and adding - Narcossee's and Tutto Italia!

Thanksss!!

Does anyone know if Narcossee's counts as 2 dts? or is it just 1?:cheer2:

Narcossee's is 2 credits on DDP or DxDDP, w/ Dx (like reviewer had) you get App, Entree, Dessert & non-alch beverage. If you time your dinner right, there is a patio from which you can watch Wishes and they have the music playing. Great view of it, for the record.

These snacks were good. I think that it's weird they are called "Men's Pocky" I don't understand are they just for men?? :lmao:

This is an ongoing joke in my family. When I was in high school, I took Japanese, and we went to an anime convention as a class. Well, I love pocky so I was looking, and at it they had a good 50 different kinds, and I saw that one. So, I gave it to my mom. They sell it in our local grocery store, and now, every year, we give it to each other in our stockings. :rotfl:

Great reviews! :thumbsup2 You should definitely go back and review your honeymoon!

I dont think I have the dx DDP... I just have the regular DP with Entree & Dessert.. Do you know if Ohana is 1 dts or 2? thanks so much! and I thought I knew everything about Disney! :goodvibes

I dont think I have the dx DDP... I just have the regular DP with Entree & Dessert.. Do you know if Ohana is 1 dts or 2? thanks so much! and I thought I knew everything about Disney! :goodvibes

Ohana is 1 credit. Most buffet/family style meals (all that I can think of off the top of my head without doing research) are 1 credit on either Dx or statndard DDP.

"DH got the oak fired filet of beef. He loved the first piece of beef but after starting in on the second piece he said the second just didn't have the same taste." (What am I doing wrong here, I can't seem to get a one sentence quote??)

Just ate at CG last week and had the same experience with the filet...it just wasn't that great. DH loved his and said that mine was sinew-y and tough because it was too rare--I'm not sure I agree--I think it was the quality of the meat. The CM offered to take the steak back, but by that time it was just too late and my DD9 was asleep at the table. It was very disappointing, especially since our previous trip to CG had been awesome.

What am I doing wrong here, I can't seem to get a one sentence quote??

To trim down the amount of text quoted, you select the post you want to quote in your reply, and delete what is unwanted from the post. just make sure you keep the html tagging, and all will be fine. The tag uses brackets "[ and ]" but I'll use the squigglies instead. {QUOTE=[poster name;post#]}, also be sure to leave the 'end quote' tag in tact {/QUOTE}.

There is also a multi-quote button on the lower right of posts if you want to quote multiple people in your message. For that, you'd select the post(s) you want to quote by clicking the multi-quote, and for the last one, select the regular quote.

Hope this helps :)

Your DH's dessert at Tutto. I know he said the pastry was bland but that's because it's supposed to be. It's very common that when you fill a puff pastry with something it's just that - puff pastry. What you put inside it sweetens it. I make a killer cherry cheese ring that I make a pastry shell for and scoop the insides out of when it's cool enough. I then fill the shell with vanilla custard and cherry pie filling. If you were to eat the shell by itself it's pretty gross because it's pretty much a flour & egg base. Once the filling is inside, it's delish! If you get cream puffs or french horns - the pastry has no flavor whatsoever. The filling is what makes it sweet.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Sorry I have not updated in awhile. I've been so busy lately, hoping to get my last two reviews of Kona Cafe & Cosmic Ray's up tomorrow night!

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Sorry I have not updated in awhile. I've been so busy lately, hoping to get my last two reviews of Kona Cafe & Cosmic Ray's up tomorrow night!

Ooooh, Kona. :yay:

Take your time, don't forget the pictures. ;)

Thanks for writin' this review, they are time consumin'. ::yes::

Looking forward to the Kona Cafe review...DW & I are planning on going there for her birthday dinner on our trip in June. Also looking forward to the retroactive food report from your Disneymoon!!!

OK I'm finally back! I've been over on the Disneyland boards for awhile since we are planning our first Disneyland vacation for this October!! :banana:

Onto the next restaurant. We went back to Kona Cafe for breakfast on our last day at Disney. :guilty:
We waited forever for a bus to get to Magic Kingdom. We got out to the bus stop an hour early and waited a good 30 minutes for the bus! We finally got to MK and ran to the monorail. Well we figured while we were there and it was our last day we would ask to ride in the front of the monorail. Well, we were the first to ask and we got to sit up front. :woohoo: I was so excited, we had never done this before. Our drivers name was Eduardo and he was awesome and pretty funny. We were in a rush but he took these pictures of us before we dashed off to Kona Cafe.
304.jpg

305.jpg

306.jpg

We ended up being about 20 minutes late but were seated almost right away.

Since we were on the DxDP we each got to order two drinks. So I got the Lilikoi juice and a mega berry smoothie. Yum, two of the best drinks in the world!
307.jpg

DH got the same thing as me.

I had to get the Tonga Toast! DH got the same. I love it with the strawberry sauce that it comes with! It's like strawberry soup on your Tonga Toast! :lovestruc
308.jpg

We love this place, its definetly a must do breakfast every trip!

OK onto my last review...Cosmic Ray's.
317.jpg

Let me say that after a week of eating at awesome Disney table service restaurants this meal was pretty disappointing. It was crazy busy in Cosmic Ray's, I could barely get over to grab a fork!

I got the chicken meal with a bottled water and a carrot cake. The chicken was good, but yuck the potatoes were awful! The carrot cake was decent.
316.jpg

DH got a coke, a chocolate cake and a double bacon cheeseburger. He loved the toppings bar. But said the cheeseburger was just OK.
315.jpg

This meal made me remember why I love TS meals so much!

And that's it, the final review but I will be starting my Sept08 reviews from our Disneymoon soon, and I will add a link here when I start!

Thanks for taking the time to share your reviews with us. Looking forward to the next set!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter