TOO Much food! Our Jan.09 Deluxe Dining Adventure TONS of pics! Completed 3/4

tink713

Disneyholic Since 2007
Just back yesterday, and this is the first time that DH and I tried the deluxe dining plan. Wow was it alot of food, but we loved it. And there is plenty of pictures to come. I think that half of all my photos are of the food! Here is the list of restaurants that we went to.

Turf Club Bar & Grill
Akurshus
Tangerine Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Boma
Pizzafari
Narcoossee's
Artists Pallette
LeCellier
Teppan Edo
Ohana's Character breakfast
The Plaza
Kona Cafe (twice)
Raglan Road (twice)
Sci Fi
50's Primetime
1900 Park Faire
Tutto Italia
California Grill
Cosmic Ray's

I will start the review shortly!

January 24th
Turf Club Bar & Grill

Ok onto the first review. We arrived at SSR around noon and we couldn't wait to start using our deluxe dining plan. So, we headed to the Turf Club Bar & Grill. We tried this restaurant last trip and love it! It's one of the most overlooked restaurants on property.

First off, DH got a coke to drink and I got a blackberry lemonade. For my appetizer I chose the crab cakes. There was a little bit of mango salsa that came with these that was pretty good with the crab cakes. These were good, nothing special, pretty much like any other crab cake.
727.jpg

DH decided on the buffalo nuggets. He loved these! He said that they were the spiciest buffalo chicken he's ever had, and the best.
728.jpg

For my entree I got the penne pasta with chicken, artichokes, spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and garlic. I also added parmesan cheese to the top. This was delicious! Very garlicy but I love garlic!
729.jpg

DH got the angus chuck cheeseburger, he said its the best burger that he's had on property. He ate every bite.
730.jpg

Onto desserts, I got the New York style cheesecake with seasonal berries. Yum! I love cheesecake, especially Disney's.
731.jpg

DH got the individual apple pie. He loved this as well.
732.jpg

Overall, this was an awesome meal! Service is a little slow at this restaurant, but it's very quiet and relaxing here so it doesn't seem too bad. We love the food and give it two thumbs up. We will definetly return here next time.
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

For dinner that night, I wasn't all that hungry so when we got back to SSR after Spectromagic DH just decided to go down to the food court by himself. And what a good DH he is, he took pictures. :) I've taught him well. So at Artist Pallette he got a cheeseburger flatbread, a coke and a sugar cookie. He said that the flatbread was just "ok" but I think that it's just because he was spoiled from the yummy food at Turf Club earlier. He brought the food back to the room and split the cookie with me. This cookie was so good, it was fresh baked and nice and soft. :)

770.jpg

Great pics! And you're right about the restaurant being overlooked ... I've never heard of Turf Club Bar & Grill before! Thanks for sharing :)

January 25th
Akershus Princess Breakfast
776.jpg

In September we did CRT princess breakfast and DH loved it! So this time we decided to try to Akershus. Well, we were disappointed. We had reservations for 8:30 and got seated right away. However we took about 40 minutes to eat, and even stretched it out. Just as we were about to leave, they started sending the princesses out. We only got to meet Belle before breakfast and didn't get to see any other princesses the whole meal. We were very disappointed that it took so long for the princesses to come out. :sad2:

777.jpg

778.jpg

But onto the food... the cold bar was good, but selection was a little weak. We got danishes, cinammon buns, some fruit, and croissants. The hot breakfast platter that was brought out, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, potatoes was good, nothing special but good. About the same quality as CRT.

779.jpg

780.jpg

Overall this breakfast was alright but I don't think that we will be returning. We would definetly rather do CRT next time. princess:

Great start to your reviews. The food at Turf Club looks great - we must try that place in October if we end up staying at SSR. That sugar cookie has certainly got me craving something sweet and the cheesecake from Turf Club looks awesome. Can't wait for more reviews :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter