Tony's

Rich M

DIS Veteran
I know this has been debated 1000 times but now that they are adding special events to this place has the food gotten any better? We ate there almost 10 years ago and thought it was ok but it was our first time really eating on property. Now every visit we get the DxDDP to enjoy different places. Is it worth giving it another shot 10 years later or is the food just not up to par?

From what I've read, reviews are still mixed. Like you we had last eaten there about 10 years ago and thought it was pretty bad...but for last year's Christmas trip we decided to give it another shot and booked the parade viewing package, which included lunch there. My H and I actually really liked all components of our meals (appetizer, entree, and dessert), but our D hated her entree. As is often the case when our D decides she doesn't like what she ordered, my sweet H selflessly agreed to switch with her and agreed that her entree was pretty bad.

For reference, we are a party of 3 vegetarians and ordered the fried mozzarella and caprese salad as appetizers, H and I had the ravioli and our D had the gnocchi primavera as entrees (and I tried to warn her about getting too adventurous with the gnocchi as I figured she wouldn't like it, lol), and we had the gelato and seasonal cheesecake for desserts.

HTH! :)

Tony's had a chef change last summer/fall. Most of those who are willing to give it another shot, seem to like it. A lot of the reviews bashing it, haven't been there since the chef change. I always feel bad for the chef at Tony's. Her restaurant gets ragged on by people who were there before her time and haven't even tried her menu.

Last edited:
We went this past June. We also went the year before . The only reason we went this year is because my teen seems to like it. I do not like it and I have given it 2 chances. The atmosphere is nice but not the food in my opinion.

Been numerous times and enjoyed it until this year. This year we had the single worst pasta dish I have ever had. The noodles were way over cooked and mushy and sauce was worse than what I get out of a prego jar and I’m no food aficionado, I made better pasta as a starving college student than this dish.

It was pretty disappointing because we did like Tony’s.

This is our traditional place to eat for our last day lunch, then we head right out of the park and begin our journey home.

Not fabulous food, but perfectly fine. I have not eaten here since the chef change - will look forward to any of the improvements. Although they have always had a pretty good tiramisu, so I hope they don't change that - like make it Arendell Aqua or anything!!!

WE were there last January and had a horrible experience. We DW and I each had Chicken Parm, Dinner Cutlet looked and tasted like it came out of a Marie Callendar's box. Sauce was sour and nasty. Shame this had been our first and last park meal for last several trips now

We ate there yesterday because it was the only reservation we could get at the last minute. It was overpriced, but, aside from that, it was very good. No wait at all. We had a 6:05 reservation and were at our table by 6:10. I agree that the food was Olive Garden quality, but I never expect more than that at Disney. The ravioli was particularly good and the gnocchi primavera was delicious. I really enjoyed the shrimp scampi as well. It was actually one of the better meals we have eaten at Disney.

I have tried Tony’s twice and still don’t like it. My granddaughter loves it and has begged me to eat there again. If I give in I probably just get the kids pizza lol.

Have not eaten at Tony's in a long time. I would be willing to try it again, especially if the food and menu choices have improved. Thanks for the update.

We ate there in Nov. 2019 during our Thanksgiving week visit. First time there for us, and I'll have to say we were pleasantly surprised. Food and service were good - would definitely consider eating there again.

Tonys has been a mixed bag, but overall declining to the point of not going back. We have a toddler, so pizza for has always been an easy option.
The last two trips, one last October and one in December have left us never wanting to go back. Some of the dishes have been okay. My wife’s last pasta meal there was unedible due to the flavor of the sauce. The pizza last time was average, at best. I felt like the pizza was better there a couple years ago.

We don’t understand the bashing of Tony’s at all. It’s DH favorite at MK. We’re just there again in December and had a wonderful meal per usual.

Haven't tried it since the chef change, but its on the list to go back. Hoping it has improved.
In the past, as long as you stayed away from the red sauce, the food was ok, nothing special. If you got the red sauce, it was terrible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter