To all my "Nerd" Moms

Perfect!!! My girls had Star Wars figures, Super Hero figures. Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Pirates of the Caribbean games. Vintage Star Wars trading cards as well as dinosaur trading cards. Constantly quoting Jurassic Park. I've crocheted multiple Hogwarts scarves/blankets and have ideas for a Ninja Turtle one stewing in my brain :)

Fellow nerd-mom here. My DD even gets a subscription Nerd Box delivered once a month as a gift from Xmas. Totally raising a nerd. Sometimes I can't wait for her to get a bit older so I can share even more nerdy stuff with her.

I'm a female software engineer and have started teaching my 6 year old twins and 9 year old how to program / code. They actually enjoy it. They also still find math *fun*, much to my delight!

And we always look forward to visiting NASA in PC (almost) just as much as visiting WDW.

Remember: Nerd is not 4 letter word. It's a future 6 digit figure salary!

Wow, you guys really are nerdy...I just like science and cool labcoats with pocket protectors

My kids have a mom with a Ph.D. in chemistry and an engineer dad who designs and builds robots for a living. So yeah, we're a bit nerdy.... ;)

ETA: Sometimes I call my kids "nerds" when I'm talking to all of them in a group. Like, "Come on nerds, it's time to go." I have had people become VERY upset at that, but to us it's a title of pride!

Both dh and I taught math for a long time and ds1 is a biologist and ds2 is an engineer so I can relate to all this. We have all watched and loved Star Wars, Lord of the Ring and Harry Potter.

I was giving a ride to a friend of ds2 and as he left the card he said "Good by nerd" I asked my son if he was okay with that. His response was "That's what I am mom why should it bother me."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter