Tips to "transfer" an ADR?

WRLeGrand

Mouseketeer
My family and I accidentally double-booked an ADR (1 hour apart) when our window opened a while back. I saw someone post on these boards who specifically needs the same restaurant and for the same number of people on the date we have. I really want to help make sure that when I drop it, she is able to get it, so she can take her family. Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

As nice as you are to want to help out a fellow DISer, you should just go ahead and cancel it. Since you encountered a glitch in the matrix, both reservations could be purged from the system without warning.

But if you do want to to transfer, it's very easy. Set up a time via pm to add/drop, make sure to mention your time zone. Then, right before, i like to make sure they're all ready. You cancel, they refresh until they hopefully get it. I like to check in a few minutes later to see if they got it. It's best to do it during low traffic times; late at night, not around lunch, early evening or weekends.

I've done it both ways, dropped one to give to a fellow Diser, and picked one up.
We both did it pretty late at night (EST) so there wasn't a lot of people on MDE AND the phone lines were not available.
I think that may be a good reason why it was successful!
Thanks for your kindness!

Also, I received a transfer from another Dis'er, and it didn't immediately show up. However, after refreshing the screen for about 10 mins, it did show up. I've also heard reports from some people that it took almost an hour for a dropped ADR to show up.

My family and I accidentally double-booked an ADR (1 hour apart) when our window opened a while back. I saw someone post on these boards who specifically needs the same restaurant and for the same number of people on the date we have. I really want to help make sure that when I drop it, she is able to get it, so she can take her family. Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
I have a related question. Does anyone know how closely you are supposed to be allowed to book Adr's? The system is letting me book them fairly close, not within an hour, but just over an hour apart. Sometimes it will have me cancel one to pick up another, but only when really close. When we were last at WDW 2 years ago, this didn't happen. If you were booking a lunch ressie and already had a lunch one, you'd have to cancel the prior one first before booking the other. What's going on here?

I have a related question. Does anyone know how closely you are supposed to be allowed to book Adr's? The system is letting me book them fairly close, not within an hour, but just over an hour apart. Sometimes it will have me cancel one to pick up another, but only when really close. When we were last at WDW 2 years ago, this didn't happen. If you were booking a lunch ressie and already had a lunch one, you'd have to cancel the prior one first before booking the other. What's going on here?
I think the answer to that has changed/evolved. Many years ago you could make as many ADRs as you wanted, willy nilly (lol) at very close to the same time with no cc holding. Guests did that and ADRs were held and not used, both losing $ for WDW, but also keeping other guests from having ADRs they wanted. Fortunately they got wise to that and both abilities stopped. Up until last year you could not make 2 ADRs within 2 house of one another. It now seems to have been loosened a bit, as people don't really know their plans, but are also being held accountable by the cc charge.
So, without much ado, I believe that the timing has been changed to maybe just over about an hour.
This seems to be my experience.

Posting requests for dining reservations is actually against board policy. I recommend posting in the appropriate "cancellation" thread so that people who are following the rules have an equal chance at the reservation you're giving up.

After that, I recommend coordinating for a specific time, including the timezone in your discussion, and using http://nist.time.gov to coordinate the cancellation of the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter