• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

TIPS: Star Wars Weekends 2011

Does anyone have any good pictures from Hyperspace Hoopla? We ended up watching it on the AI screen as my son could not see the stage so I wasnt able to get any pictures. Does anyone have any they could share so that I could put in my scrapbook? If so let me know and I will give you my email address. Thanks so much.

I have some decent ones:). I would be happy to share with a fellow scrapper. I am looking for parade photos if any one has any to share.

TIA!

It wasn't a large stock. It was just a big stack of them. The first weekend there were a TON of them, since we were 6 ppl we could of bought 12cases w/o taking all the cases available (we bought just 1 though! LOL). You were allowed 2 cases per person and then every time they opened a case for more loose ones, ppl would swoop in a literally snatch the chaser from the box before the CM could even touch it (counting from the bottom and the left, it's the 2nd row, 4th one over, the first 3 in the 2nd row are troopers). After that silliness, I'm assuming that's why the cases were pre-broken out and it was just loose boxes stacked up.

I need to ask, what is "the chaser?":confused3

The following was my experience at Jobba's that I posted previously:

Friday when we were in the Jobba's, I was looking at the cell art of Mickey Skywalker balancing Stitch Yoda on his foot. The person told me it was limited to 300 and that it was the last one. I passed on it and the person behind me bought it. There was also a display of black boxes that said passholder only. I"m not sure what the black boxes had in them. I think they may have been pens.

Today, there was another Stitch Yoda Mickey Skywalker print on display. My son said look Dad they got more in. The guy behind the table looked at me and said he had five left. I said the person yesterday tried to sell me "the very last one." He went in the back and then came out and said I have five left. He saw the puzzled look on my face and then said, "I have number 16 if 100 in the back if you want it." I said the guy yesterday told me it was limited to 300 pieces. He said nope, there were only 100 of these made.

I then asked him about the passholder only items. He said they sold out early last weekend. I said there was a whole stack of them yesterday on this table. He said, "Oh, um, we had someone return a bunch of them yesterday.

I was also told that the event pins sold out on the first weekend. Big disappointment for my son, but I just sort of laughed to myself because I realized that when a company puts something of this magnitude together for only 12 days a year, there is no way for them to cover all of the bases.

This thing is moving real time. There is also no way for the CM's to accurately have all of the answers.

On a side note. While standing in line and talking to other guests I mentioned about the event pins. I was told that last year they had tons of them left on the last day. I'm sure I'll be able to get one on ebay.

On Friday morning of the 3rd SWW, we made it to Jabba's by 9:15am. There were definitely plenty of SW Vinylmations. They were pretty unceremoniously piled in a little mountain on the floor - all seperate little boxes. I actually walked right past them before I realized what they were. We bought 4 of those. I asked about the Passholder tees and were told those were sold out. I would have thought they would have divided them up equally between the 4 weekends, but I guess not. I asked about the Passholder SWW pin (with Darth Maul on it) and they still had those at the registers.

I need to ask, what is "the chaser?":confused3

The chaser is the mystery vinyl that isn't show on the cases. And there is only 1 per case. So instead of 2 full sets per case there is 1 full set and then one set that is missing the chaser and then 1 extra (so you have 3 of 1 vinyl).

The SW ones also have a ghost obi-wan and a regular obi-wan and you don't know which one you will get. Which just makes it all the more of a 'hot' item.

Ahem... hello, Hello! Is anybody still in here?

I finished my Star Wars Weekends pictures. All were taken June 11th and 12th.

Do ya wanna see them?

Check them out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/marlton-mom/sets/72157627132661754/

Last one out please turn off the light.

~ Marlton Mom
PS. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. All that info really helped to make our trip that much better!

May the Force Be with you!

Marlton Mom -- Wow! The colors and details in these photos are terrific! (What camera did you use?) Thanks so much for sharing!!!

And, I second that thanks to everyone for the fun and helpful thread! This was our first time at SWW -- what a blast!

Marlton Mom -- Wow! The colors and details in these photos are terrific! (What camera did you use?) Thanks so much for sharing!!!

And, I second that thanks to everyone for the fun and helpful thread! This was our first time at SWW -- what a blast!

Thank you for your kind comments.:hug:
I used a Nikon D90 with an 18 to 105 lens and a SB700 Nikon flash and Photoshop CS4 to boost the colors.

~Marlton Mom

Ahem... hello, Hello! Is anybody still in here?

I finished my Star Wars Weekends pictures. All were taken June 11th and 12th.

Do ya wanna see them?

Check them out here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/marlton-mom/sets/72157627132661754/

Last one out please turn off the light.

~ Marlton Mom
PS. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. All that info really helped to make our trip that much better!

May the Force Be with you!

MM,

Thank you for posting the awesome pictures!!!! We didn't get to do the Hyper Space Hoopla this year. Next year it will be a must!!!

I thought I would resurect this old thread to see how many people are planning on doing SWW in 2012.

I just booked at the BWV for May and hope to see some of the same faces there again in 2012.

I thought I would resurect this old thread to see how many people are planning on doing SWW in 2012.

I just booked at the BWV for May and hope to see some of the same faces there again in 2012.

LOL!

I'm working on it. We usually go Memorial Wknd and the 3rd Wknd, but I'm working that minor holiday this time. So we may plan on Wknd 3 and 4 instead. I usually prefer Wknd 2 and 3 so we can make a quickie getaway as soon as school is over.

DH just bought a ~$100 ginormous Star Wars "Darth Vader Trench Run"? toy- it has Darth Vader's Tie Fighter and Luke Skywalker's X Wing from when Darth Vader is chasing Luke and he's about to blow up the Death Star. For Christmas. For DS, although from the look on DH's face you'd think it was for him. :headache: We're thinking of redesigning DS walk in closet to hold DH (I mean DS) toys. :rolleyes:

Think it'd be too early to start a SWW 2012 thread? We won't know anything till January next year. But it'd be nice to see who'll be there next year.

LOL!

I'm working on it. We usually go Memorial Wknd and the 3rd Wknd, but I'm working that minor holiday this time. So we may plan on Wknd 3 and 4 instead. I usually prefer Wknd 2 and 3 so we can make a quickie getaway as soon as school is over.

DH just bought a ~$100 ginormous Star Wars "Darth Vader Trench Run"? toy- it has Darth Vader's Tie Fighter and Luke Skywalker's X Wing from when Darth Vader is chasing Luke and he's about to blow up the Death Star. For Christmas. For DS, although from the look on DH's face you'd think it was for him. :headache: We're thinking of redesigning DS walk in closet to hold DH (I mean DS) toys. :rolleyes:

Think it'd be too early to start a SWW 2012 thread? We won't know anything till January next year. But it'd be nice to see who'll be there next year.

It is never to early to start a SWW 2012 thread. LOL he Darth Vader Trench Run toy is at the top of DS's Christmas list also. That and the Star Wars lego advent calender.

I booked BWV for May 17 through May 21 but now I am getting a little nervous that SWW won't start until the following week. So I am going to try to change my reservation for the first weekend in June. My home resort is AKL but I want to stay at BWV to be closer to DHS.

Last year I waited to long and had to settle for OKW.

It is the perfect day to start planning my trip. We are getting hammered with heavy wet snow and they are calling for up to 10 inches.

Have a great weekend everyone!

We're going again! We are going to do week 1, which is hopefully the weekend before memorial day! Probably stay at POFQ so that we can boat on over easily!
We can't wait, and we love our kids- but it's fun going without them!

How do you "boat on over easily" from POFQ? I thought that boat just went to DTD?

Sorry, YBC. POFQ is our April/Spring break trip.
We stayed off site last time, but since we have no kids again this year, we can splurge. We thought about a mono resort, but we don't really like to do MK without the kids... HS and AK are our favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter