• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

tip. tricks, and secrets to the Royal Pacific Hotel

hey Robert :wave2:

7th...that's easy to remember...we disembark from the cruise the morning of the 8th! Heading to FILs till Tuesday the 13th...checking into PBH sometime that afternoon. And, because of picking up our niece at MCO along the way, she's going to make us head straight to WWOHP after check-in :laughing: Prolly eat at 3 Broomstix that day...won't get to the Studios till after dinner (on the way back to hotel for the nite).

Wed July 14th and Thurs the 15th we'll be around. Eating at Bubba Gumps one night. We eat 5-ish....if y'all don't have plans, maybe we can plan dinner? Thinking BIL and troops arrive Friday the 16th sometime..... Would love to get together before they all arrive...

So...a ninja in training huh? :cool2: I will tell Ryan...maybe you guys/Charlotte can convince him to show you some of his stuff :rolleyes1

I think we just miss Lawrence...he leaves right before we arrive.

Look forward to seeing you and the girls tho!

Lily says , that would be great, as she is looking forward to seeing you all, and hopes you are all doing good, hopefully get something sorted before we leave here, if you give us some times, to meet or do it when we arrive.

Ok so I have to have my coffee before I can even function in the morning.. Seeing that emerils coffee is bold, I've been looking at ALL the coffees they make for the machine but not sure which to choose. My favorite is starbucks pike place, any of them compare? Suggests please. Also do they have equal in room for coffee?:surfweb:

^ have never heard of 'formally' checking out :confused3 We always checked out on our tv.

I just read on FaceBook for anyone staying at RPR July 15-18....apparently there is a convention going on...assume hotel is full to capacity? I don't know for certain, but thought I'd mention it to y'all.

great! just when we are going arrgghhh!

great! just when we are going arrgghhh!

Don't worry :goodvibes. We were there WWoHP Grand Opening week & the hotel was booked solid (including a convention mid way through the week), but we didn't have any problems.

Ok so I have to have my coffee before I can even function in the morning.. Seeing that emerils coffee is bold, I've been looking at ALL the coffees they make for the machine but not sure which to choose. My favorite is starbucks pike place, any of them compare? Suggests please. Also do they have equal in room for coffee?:surfweb:

They have some sort of liquid creamer and several different types of sweetener.

i think the only difference is those convention peeps are getting their own access to WWoHP at 10pm till 1am or something like that? It doesn't matter it's convention peeps in those rooms, if it weren't them, it'd just be regular peeps anyway.

check out the torch lighting ceremony...which I think is at dusk...(maybe 6:30) by the pool. Im not sure if it was every night though. There were signs by the pool. also by the pool on certain nights is the 'dive in movie' they set up a big screen and play a movie while you can swim or relax on the chairs. This is the place we mostly stay when we go and ill try to think of more and post later.

I loved the torch lighting ceremony!

Is it only Emeril's bold in the rooms? I hate the keurig but I could suck it up for a few days. I don't like the bold cups at all though.

Is there regular coffee at club level or more keurig stuff? I can skip it in the room if I can get a regular cup at breakfast.

Doesn't the Island's Dining Room serve Starbuck's (that's what my girlfriend told me in answer to why I loved the coffee so much)? If it's not Starbuck's, it was DELICIOUS. I don't drink anything but Starbuck's...anything else is too...thin :laughing: . I need A LOT to get me going in the morning :rotfl: .

Doesn't the Island's Dining Room serve Starbuck's (that's what my girlfriend told me in answer to why I loved the coffee so much)? If it's not Starbuck's, it was DELICIOUS. I don't drink anything but Starbuck's...anything else is too...thin . I need A LOT to get me going in the morning

Yes both the Island Dining Room and the Oasis Bar area serve Starbucks in the morning. If you do a continental breakfast in Oasis and keep your receipt you get refills on your Starbucks coffee too in the morning.

Is it only Emeril's bold in the rooms? I hate the keurig but I could suck it up for a few days. I don't like the bold cups at all though.

There are a few teas in there but it is pretty much the bold Emerils. DH loved it the first year and we bought a Keurig so now he has his favorites that we bring along.

Yes both the Island Dining Room and the Oasis Bar area serve Starbucks in the morning. If you do a continental breakfast in Oasis and keep your receipt you get refills on your Starbucks coffee too in the morning.

There are a few teas in there but it is pretty much the bold Emerils. DH loved it the first year and we bought a Keurig so now he has his favorites that we bring along.

Thanks. I had one and I hated it. I wonder if I got a bad machine because I seem to be the only person on the planet that hates it. It felt like there was sediment in the cup and it never made a consistent cup. It was either too weak or too strong. :confused3 I was afraid to buy another one and have the same experience so who knows.

I will figure out something. :)

Definetly do not empty the fridge, as Housekeeping check it everyday to see if anything has been taken , and you could end up with a hefty bill.Either pay for the rental or buy a styrofoam cooler from Walmart for about $2.50 and fill it with ice to keep things cool. Would not believe anyone got away with emptying their mini bar without being charged for either the drinks or the rental.

I always ask them to empty the mini-bar and so far no matter where we stay they always empty it for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter