TimandLesley's "Keep Moving Forward" Trip Report with TONS of photos! update 7/8pg.11

I'm so glad you're all OK. I read it on FB & my heart went to my stomach. God was with you all, that's for sure.

I'm so glad you were able to continue on your trip and the GF to boot! Fun!!

OMG, What a scary beginning to your trip,:scared1: Thank goodness you are all okay. I could not pick a better resort, than the Grand! Beautiful!

Cannot wait to read more....

So glad you are all O.K. - you are truly blessed. And congrats on your hotel stay "win", that is excellent.
Looking forward to reading another one of your reports.

So glad you are all OK!! That is scary but I'm really not surprised you perservered on and had a wonderful vacation. Can't wait to follow along on this TR.
Thanks for coming along on another ride with us : )
Another long time reader of your reports here! It seems like you've always got one going on while I'm in the planning stages of my trips, so your trip reports always get me through until I get there myself. :) I can't believe how grown up your kiddies are now! Lauren was SOOO little in the first ones...

SO happy you guys are ok... I actually teared up reading your account of the accident and seeing the photos.
Glad you found us again and that it will be helpful to you. I know, she was so tiny in those looking back : )

So happy to see you're writing a trip report! I always enjoy following along with your vacations.

WOW! That's so scary. I'm glad you are all okay. It really does seem like someone was looking out for you all. A guardian angel perhaps. Those kinds of things really make you stop and appreciate the little things. How quickly things can change. It's scary. You just gotta enjoy your life and not take things for granted. *hugs* Disney was definetely a good distraction.
Yes we had a guardian angel looking over us for sure! Disney was the perfect distraction!

Lesley, I am so glad you were all okay. God was really watching over you. I have hydroplaned twice, and it is the scariest thing in the world because there is nothing you can do. The car just takes off on its own. The first time I was lucky enough to spin through a median and have no damage, but the second time I ended up facing the wrong way after smashing against the guard rail. Not fun. At least my air bag didn't deploy, but that may have protected you from more injury, even if stinky and painful.

Thanks goodness it didn't derail your trip completely. That would have made it so much worse! The Grand Floridian looks wonderful.
Thank you, yes, he truly was. Yes, it is such a helpless feeling. Glad you were o.k. too, geez!

Wow, the trip couldn't have started off worse. Thank God you and your family were all okay. Thinks can only get better from here.

Congrats on two free nights at the Grand Floridian. What a great way to get things back on track.
Yes, it was a rough start to say the least. Thanks, we certainly enjoyed our time there!

OMG! Thank goodness you were all OK! So glad that car did it's job and kept you safe. I was in an accident 3 years ago where the airbags deployed and did the exact same thing. I bolted out of the car thinking the smoke meant the engine was on fire- so scary.

You guys are amazing that you kept going to WDW- can't wait to hear the rest!
Thank you! More coming today!
Oh my...and I thought our trip got off to a bad start...yikes.

So glad everyone was safe and then able to put it all behind you...and the first song to restart the trip was a little ironic.

Glad to be reading another of your TR's!!
Well what happened on your trip? Thanks for coming back for more : )
After such a rough start, this is an especially nice picture - two happy, healthy kids, a beautiful surrounding, and that wonderful 'We've arrived!' feeling. :thumbsup2
I couldn't agree more!

Wow what a start to your vacation. So happy that everyone was safe. It is always fun to read your TRs, and yes your kids have sure grown up fast.
Thank you! Yes, sooooo fast!

I really enjoy your reports, excited for this newest trip. What a scary start...so glad you are all o.k.

What a crazy beginning to your trip!! I'm so glad you were still able to go to Disney, and that your son had such a Disney attitude about it. Can't wait to read more.
Yes it was a crazy start, thanks - his attitude was amazing.

Reading the start of your report was very moving. I know it's a given to do anything, at all costs, to help our families when the need us but the strength to actually do it - how unreal?!?! Does that make sense? It's like "how did I do that" but just goes to show, we're not alone...

The Grand Flo was just the perfect place to arrive... from a hellacious (sp?) start to heaven on earth :)

Can't wait to read the rest. Wonderful to know you and your family are safe.

gina
Thanks so much, it was very unreal indeed!

Glad to ear you're safe! Looking forward to your TR!
Thank you!

I'm so happy you guys were alright from the accident. It must have been so scary! I enjoy reading your TR's so much. I live in N. KY so we are kind of neighbors lol. Cant wait to hear more!!

Thanks, yes it was very scary. Well hello neighbor ; )
Joining in on the next great Tim and Lesley adventure at WDW. It wonderful that you were able to win two free nights at the Grand Floridian, it is so beautiful. DH and I stand there for our 5th anniversary the year after it opened. It is still one of my favorite resorts to visit and just sit in the lobby, and listen to the music.

I am sorry your trip started off in such a ruff way, but am happy you were able to move forward.
Thanks for joining in again. Isn't it a beautiful resort!!
subscribing! so glad everyone made it out ok in the accident
Thank you!
Hey,
Thank god you guys are all right. I can't believe it happend when you were heading to the "Happiest Place on Earth!" Anyways, im glad to see you all having a great time...Can't wait to hear more about your trip :-)
I couldn't believe it either, thanks!

OMG what a scary thing to have happen. I'm so glad you guys are ok and made it to Disney World.

That resort looks so gorgeous! Can't wait to hear about your first full Disney day. The first night there is always the best.
Yes it was very scary. It is such a pretty resort, more pics to come in the next installment

Thank God you are all ok after the accident! Looking forward to reading about your trip :)
Thanks!
The accident story brought tears to my eyes, thank goodness you guys are all safe and okay!

Looking forward to hearing more, i'll be checking in to the GF on Wednesday! Never stayed there before, so looking forward to hearing what you think
Hey Nicole! Thanks so much! Wow, what fun, enjoy!!!!! You are going to love it!

new reader to your TR,
Wow what a start.. So glad you all or ok..
can't wait to read the rest.
Welcome welcome welcome! Thanks, more to come!
I'm so glad you're all OK. I read it on FB & my heart went to my stomach. God was with you all, that's for sure.

I'm so glad you were able to continue on your trip and the GF to boot! Fun!!
Thank you, it was scary for sure. GF is amazing!
OMG, What a scary beginning to your trip, Thank goodness you are all okay. I could not pick a better resort, than the Grand! Beautiful!

Cannot wait to read more....
Thanks, it truly is Grand!
So glad you are all O.K. - you are truly blessed. And congrats on your hotel stay "win", that is excellent.
Looking forward to reading another one of your reports.
Thank you, yes, blessed indeed!

So we woke up to another beautiful day of sunshine.
IMG_1713.jpg

We had purchased some doughnuts and milk in the store the night before so we went out onto the gorgeous balcony and took in the sites as we ate our quick breakfast:
IMG_1715.jpg

IMG_1716.jpg

Tim was finishing getting ready and Luke was dying to play some more ping pong so we headed down to the pool to play ping pong while we waited on Tim:
IMG_1721.jpg

Before we knew it Tim was there and we started walking to the monorail. I snapped pictures of this amazing resort along the way:
IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

My beautiful family at this lovely resort:
IMG_1724.jpg

I had always thought I wouldn’t like the Grand Floridian because you weren’t in the Main building, but I was pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the grounds were and short the walk was the Main building, we were only one building away and it was a SUPER short walk over. Being on the monorail was just incredible- the location of this hotel can’t be beat.
The beautiful lobby:
IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

We took the stairs up to catch the monorail:
IMG_1728.jpg

Fresh flowers throughout the resort:
IMG_1730.jpg

Where the band plays nightly in the lobby (so nice!)
IMG_1731.jpg

One of the gift shops (they had several):
IMG_1732.jpg

Monorail entrance:
IMG_1733.jpg

Waiting for the monorail:
IMG_1734.jpg

We got right on:
IMG_1735.jpg

The NEXT stop was the Magic Kingdom, VERY convenient. We were at the Magic Kingdom before we knew it:
IMG_1736.jpg

The time from the moment we left our room to when we were at the Magic Kingdom was 10 minutes, that is CRAZY FAST!!!!!
We made it just in time for the opening show, just love that! Goodmorning, Goodmorning!!!!! : )
IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

We entered with the masses at rope drop and just stood there taking it all in for a minute. We each had a million things racing through our heads that we wanted to do and we started to head down Main Street but Tim pulled us all back and held us close and we gave eachother big hugs and he said “just take it all in…….. WE MADE IT!!!” A few “I love you’s” were exchanged and then we started our day.
IMG_1741.jpg

We saw the recruitment center for Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and the line was short so we headed over there to be recruited because the kids really wanted to try it:
IMG_1743.jpg

It was located inside the Firestation:
IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST SCROLL DOWN!

IMG_1746.jpg

As you waited in line they had a video going explaining the premise:
IMG_1747.jpg

We decided we wanted the option to try all of the different areas so we told them we wanted to play separately. We were each given a packet that included 5 spell cards (these are collectible showing different Disney characters who have the ability to cast different types of spells), a key card to unlock portals and a map of where all of the portals are located in your playing area.
IMG_1748.jpg

Luke was assigned Adventureland, Lauren was assigned Fantasyland, Tim was assigned Main Street, and I was assigned Frontierland. It is weird that Tomorrowland isn’t included in this, but I digress……..
We went through our agent training quickly:
IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

You stand on these medallions throughout the park to start each mission in front of the portal screens, we learned about them in training:
IMG_1752.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

After we all had been trained and had our mission assignments we decided to save them for later (you can play at any time once they are activated) and go ride some rides!
We went towards Tomorrowland and Tim went to fast pass Space Mountain and we met up in front of Buzz Light Year. While we were waiting for Tim I witnessed another reason why I love Disney so much. This amazing cast member just loving his job and playing with bubbles:
IMG_1760.jpg

I snapped a picture of the kids and he decided to join in on the pic:
IMG_1761.jpg

Too funny. Then that amazing cast member who loved his job and his bubbles spotted a child crying hysterically by the sea of strollers, he made his way over to this crying child and at first the parents seemed annoyed, but as he started blowing his bubbles the child stopped crying and the parents looked so relieved. The child started chasing the bubbles and the tears melted away- I just love Disney magic like that.
We had fast passes in hand for Space Mountain now (notice the new Fast Passes how they do not allow late arrivals anymore):
IMG_1764.jpg

So we went in to battle the Evil Zurg!
IMG_1765.jpg

Mission accepted!
IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

I rode with Lauren and Tim and Luke rode together:
IMG_1770.jpg

I didn’t do so great this time, here was my score:
IMG_1773.jpg

Our ride photo’s, I obviously take this game a little too serious : )
IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

Then we decided to ride one of our favorite Tomorrowland attractions that never has a wait, Peoplemover:
IMG_1778.jpg

We did a kids car and adult car:
IMG_1782.jpg

My riding partner:
IMG_1783.jpg

Happy Lesley:
IMG_1785.jpg

After that I was dying to check out the new Fantasyland construction and ride Dumbo and the Great Goofini, so we headed that way.
Here are some pics I snapped along the way:
IMG_1791.jpg

Beasts Castle:
IMG_1792.jpg

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST, SCROLL DOWN!

Ariel coming along:
IMG_1793.jpg

Entering Storybook Circus area:
IMG_1794.jpg

IMG_1795.jpg

It said 10 minute ride for Dumbo, seemed more like 30 but SO worth it!
IMG_1797.jpg

They only have the ½ open now but it is just LOVELY!:
IMG_1798.jpg

Tim didn’t want to ride (he can’t ride things that go around in circles, so he headed to the brand new train station and took a ride around the park) He actually ended up getting off to get us fast passes for Splash Mountain which he ended up riding as well since there was no line- LUCKY!
The kids and I took in the new Dumbo ride and I snapped pics of the beautiful new ride:
IMG_1804.jpg

IMG_1805.jpg

Next to it was the Great Goofini Barnstormer ride, it looked great:
IMG_1806.jpg

IMG_1807.jpg

More Dumbo pics:
IMG_1808.jpg

The water feature was so pretty:
IMG_1810.jpg

Then it was OUR TURN!
IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1823.jpg

After the great ride on Dumbo we wanted to ride Barnstormer/Great Goofini, along the way we took time to notice the incredible theming throughout the new area:
IMG_1824.jpg

IMG_1825.jpg

I thought this was very clever, these not only go with the theming but on those hot summer days these will really provide nice shade from the sun:
IMG_1826.jpg

Some pics of the area:
IMG_1827.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

IMG_1829.jpg

View of the new train station:
IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

The wait was less than 2 minutes, Lauren was so excited to ride:
IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

The ride was the same but had the new theming, fun ride but lasts literally 28 seconds.
Tim came off of the train and we went over to Tomorrowland to use our Space Mountain Fast Passes. On the way there we ran into PUSH the talking trash can, we had fun interacting with him:
IMG_1840.jpg

Then we went into Space Mountain:
IMG_1837.jpg

I don’t know if it’s the fact that I’m getting old or the fact that we had just been in a car accident and my back and neck were KILLING me, but I didn’t enjoy our ride through Space – the kids had a great time though!
By this time our bellies were rumbling and we decided Peco’s Bill would be a good lunch option so we were on our way over to Frontierland, a castle pose on our way:
IMG_1842.jpg

The Move it Shake it Parade , we had fun dancing it up with the characters:
IMG_1844.jpg

IMG_1845.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

IMG_1851.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

After getting’ our groove on we continued on our way for lunch. Tim really wanted to try one of the chicken Belgium waffle sandwiches from Sleepy Hollow he had heard about on the Podcast, so he stopped there and we said we’d meet him in an outdoor area of Peco’s Bill’s. Luke wanted to stop here on the way:
IMG_1856.jpg

Remember, we weren’t on the dining plan yet, so I saved some money by ordering off the kids menu. The kids menu is only 5.99 and you get the burger which is a really good size, order of fries, drink and grapes plus you can dress the burger up at the toppings bar. The meal deal for burger and fries is double that price and doesn’t include a side or a drink (food for thought when not on the dining plan). We had a good meal. Tim LOVED his waffle, which I took a bit of and OMG those are amazing!
Then it was time to use our Splash Mountain Fast Passes:
IMG_1861.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1866.jpg

My favorite ride, I enjoyed it as always!
IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1872.jpg

Our ride photo:
IMG_1876.jpg

By this time the kids were BEGGING to do the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Mission and since we were by Adventureland we chose Luke’s. We went over to start out. The line was long and what stinks is as you wait the screen tells you everything, so if you want to be surprised by what the mission will be you have to purposely look away which is hard.
IMG_1877.jpg

Luke starting out:
IMG_1878.jpg

Next stop along our way:
IMG_1882.jpg

Close look at the cards:
IMG_1880.jpg

IMG_1881.jpg

Luke completing his mission:
IMG_1883.jpg

Lauren wanted to give it a try at the next stop:
IMG_1886.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

I’m going to be honest here, we are not fans of this game which was a bummer, the kids were really looking forward to it. Our Jungle Cruise Skipper a few days later NAILED it when he said the game is like Pokemon with Jafar involved, so true. It’s just not that great in our opinion, there really doesn’t seem to be much rhyme or reason to what card to hold up and how they defeat them. There were a LOT of crazed older men walking around with HUGE binders full of these cards like Pokemon folders and geeking about about it. I honestly saw more grown men playing than kids throughout our trip which was just odd to me. Give it a try for yourself but it obviously wasn’t a hit with us since this was the one and only time we played and the kids didn’t ask to play again after that…………………..

We then decided the Grand Floridian Pool was calling our name so we headed to the exit to take the boat over to the G Flo:
IMG_1889.jpg

A QUICK boat ride and we were back at the amazing resort;
IMG_1891.jpg

We quickly got changed into our suits and headed to the Main/Beach pool:
IMG_1892.jpg

Some pictures for you:
IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1895.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

We all swam together and had a good time and each tried out the slide. The slide is great and really long which surprised me, loved the pool here. The only thing I didn’t like about the main pool at the Grand Floridian is NO HOT TUB! There is only one on property and it’s at the other pool (which was by our room), wish they had one at the Main pool. As we were sitting in our chairs on the beach I noticed an animal jump up and we couldn’t figure out what it was until further investigation, it was a SEA OTTER!!! Tim ran after it to get some pics:
IMG_1918.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

After our swim we went back to the room to clean up for our night out. Tim discovered the robes in the room:
IMG_1919.jpg

My handsome hubby:
IMG_1920.jpg

Tim and Luke were DYING to see the Hunger Games movie that was released the day we left so they decided to go to AMC movie theaters at Downtown Disney and so Lauren and I were headed out for a girls night at Magic Kingdom
**Side note: Tim bought the tickets online since he didn’t want to make the trip over there and it be sold out. When they got there they went to the big AMC theater and were told they were in the wrong theater, they had actually bought tickets for the DINE IN theater that AMC has in Downtown Disney now. They were in HEAVEN! Said you have tables and a full menu with a waitress. They loved the food and the little button they could keep pushing for service to refill soda’s, etc. let’s just say the guys had a GREAT night out together and loved the movie too. They both said hands down the best movie experience EVER!**
Back to Lauren and I………we were ready to hit the Magic Kingdom:
IMG_1921.jpg

We walked over to the monorail through the gorgeous resort grounds:
IMG_1923.jpg

Lauren was thrilled we had the monorail to ourselves:
IMG_1925.jpg

As we entered the Magic Kingdom gates Lauren wanted my camera, so she took this of me:
IMG_1929.jpg

The park was pretty crowded. I had promised Lauren we would do things she wanted to do on this night, so we headed to Fantasyland. She wanted to ride Winnie The Pooh but I refuse to wait over an hour for that ride, so we fast passed it:
IMG_1933.jpg

When we did 2 bonus fast passes for Philarmagic popped out, SCORE!
IMG_1931.jpg

Then she was dying to ride her FAVORITE, Small World, so we waited in the 20 minute line for that:
IMG_1934.jpg

IMG_1936.jpg

Then we went over to use our Philarmagic Fast Passes:
IMG_1943.jpg

Great show as always. Lauren had never seen the show in front of the Castle, Dream along with Mickey before so we went over there to see that and she LOVED it!
IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1962.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

After the great show we went to use our fast passes for Winnie the Pooh, we stopped along the way for this token shot:
IMG_1969.jpg

Love this poster, CAN’T WAIT!!
IMG_1971.jpg

Lauren can’t wait either : )
IMG_1972.jpg

Then we went into the Fast Pass line for Winnie the Pooh. Apparantly I’ve been living under a rock for the past year and missed the Winnie the Pooh refurb and all of the cool things they added to the cue, sure does make that long wait go fast for those without fast passes, I had fun watching people as we quickly walked through the fast pass cue:
IMG_1974.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

Lauren ready to board our honey pot:
IMG_1978.jpg

We had a great ride together.
Believe it or not Lauren LOVE LOVE LOVES Carousel of Progress so she was BEGGING to go over to do that, and I was dying to redeem myself on Buzz Light year, so we headed to Tomorrowland. Buzz had a long line (over a 60 minute wait) so we fast passed it:
IMG_1979.jpg

And went to Carousel:
IMG_1980.jpg

IMG_1981.jpg

After a Great Big BEAUTIFUL Tomorrow we had time to kill before Buzz needed our help so we rode Peoplemover again:
IMG_1985.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
IMG_1989.jpg

Then we got onto Buzz, we were excited:
IMG_1990.jpg

I was doing great and my score was over 300,000 and the ride broke down, we sat there for what seemed like forever and our happiness faded a bit:
IMG_1991.jpg

I was bummed because when it came back on our scores were cleared, BUMMER! Oh well…….
After Buzz we got a call from the boys and they were back at the resort, so we headed for the exit to go back to meet them. The beautiful castle along the way:
IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

We took the boat back:
IMG_2000.jpg

NextEpisode32010640x480-1-2-1-1-2-2-1-1.jpg

Well what happened on your trip? Thanks for coming back for more : )

Well...youre not getting off that easy...

CHeck out our TR....I cant believe we were there the week before you guys!!

It was our first time on a monorail resort, BLT, also. We had to go thru all the resort stops to get to MK, but it was great to be the first stop on the way out tho!!:thumbsup2

Great pics on the last update, we tought about doing the Sorcer thing, but it didnt look very interesting at all.

GF looks beautiful!! Our Loren keeps telling us that she is going to get married there someday...hope she finds a rich guy!!!

Cant wait to hear more!!

Those dine in movie theaters are getting more and more popular. I been to the Alamo Drafthouse Dine-in Theater in Winchester, VA and it is only way I like going to movies anymore. I can only go to it when I visit my parents, but they see a new movie there almost every weekend.

I am late to the report, but I can say that I am having a great time! So glad that you all were safe after the accident and kept moving forward! :)

Also wanted to say thanks for the report on the Sorcerers game. I have been waiting for someone to try it out and report how they felt about it!:stir:

Can't wait to see how the rest of your trip goes...excited to find out about your AKL Upgrade!

Oh my gosh Lesley! Not a good way to start a trip!! I read something on FB but did not know the whole story. Thank God you are all ok.

What a great opportunity to stay at GF!! Beautiful pics.:thumbsup2

I had tears when I first read about the accident & then again when you all went into MK & Tim mentioned taking it all in & hugs!! Yep got all teary eyed.

Looks like you had a great day at MK.

Too funny about Lauren loving CoP. That songs stays in my head forever after hearing it!!:)

We have a movie theater not too far away from where we live that has a menu & you eat while watching the movie. We love it there but usually spend lots with the cost of the movie & the food but great fun!!

Woah, talk about starting a trip with a bang, and not in a good way! Glad you all made it out fine. I teared up at that bit, and then again when Tim made you take it all in on Main Street and just hug it out.

Too bad you didn't like Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom. I was really looking forward to this one, as I love Kim Possible, but it looks like it hasn't lived up to the hype.

What a fun evening, the guys enjoying the dine-in theatre (so want to try that!), and a girls' night in MK. :goodvibes:

I am late to the party, but I cannot get over your accident. You're definitely right - God was looking over your family that day. You're very lucky! Also I love how you guys just decided to keep going when most people would just break down. I can tell that an experience like that really made your family appreciate not only your vacation, but each other. I love the love between you guys and all the big smiles when you got there!! :lovestruc Also is your daughter a dancer?? I ask, because she's great at posing!! :)

oh those pics of the GF made me so wish I were there or at least could stay there again, just love that resort so much. As always enjoying your adventure and can't wait for the next installment!!:)

Wow! What a terrifying way to start your trip! I'm glad to hear you had no serious injuries in your accident.

The Grand Floridian looks amazing...especially getting it for free! Congratulations!

After reading about watching the Hunger Games from the dine-in theater, I want to do that now!

I'm going to have to pay better attention to my Fastpass times now. Most of the time, I do return towards the beginning of the window, but on occasion I liked to stockpile them to use in the afternoon and evening. I'll have to make sure the return time isn't during an ADR...sounds so complicated. :laughing:

Wow...mega updates. What a good first full day. Definitely makes things a little better...and yes Space Mountain is rough. I rode about 2 weeks ago and I was like WOW. I think I need to go the chiropractor now...they need one stading at the exit. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter