• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tim and Lesley Year of Million Compromises/TONS pics- 8/5 help me pg. 164!!!

Ooooh! I like Darlene's idea! Even if you cut back one night at the parks to make it 4 nights park, 3 night cruise...that would be SOOOO awesome! You guys would LOVE Disney Cruising!!!

Best of luck making your decision!

Lesley, Boma at the AKL would be another great place. Although it is a buffet, it still was a $100 meal for 2 Adults and 2 children 7&5. The amount of food, ambiance and selection is incredible. You could stretch your CS meals alittle bit also by eating at pizza planet in MGM and sharing that meal and also Cosmic Rays in the Magic Kingdom has HUGE portion meals too that would give you 1 day where you would have 2 cs credits and 1 TS credit. Just some ideas that I have in the back of my mind for our next trip! Also, to get that extra day, what if you did a value for 1 night and did DTD that day or hung at the pool ans paid OOP for CS for that day and then started a package once you moved over to POFQ?

I agree on the Boma suggestion. It has such a wide variety for kids and adults, plus the atmosphere is great. Also, you can explore around the resort a bit. We ate there for dinner and went out back to use the night vision goggles after our dinner.:)

Lesley,
I love your POFQ plan.:banana: It really is a great resort, and I would stick with the regular dining option. Too many sit down meals are difficult to plan, and keep on schedule. As your kids get older they will have more energy to stay and play in the parks longer. They may not want to give up ride time. And the CS meals have been improving. Does this mean the Pre TR is starting? Lol.:rotfl:

So when will we see the new Pre-Trip Report? Please post a link when you do, can't wait to read it. I finished mine, yahoo, it only took me a month...lol.

My vote is for 8 nights at WL with the regular DDP. I would rather stay 1 or 2 less nights and stay deluxe. I would even move down to 7 nights if I had too to stay there. But I love WL & Poly and the location and theme. Now mind you I have never stayed moderate or value so I don't know if I would like it or not. I do like Queen beds and a bit more room though. You love WL so that is my vote. I know your leaning toward POFQ as of now. Lets put it this way I would pick driving 10 hours to DIsney and staying at the Poly or WL over flying and staying at a moderate resort. I would miss the staying at these resorts too much.

Lesley,

This trip we are flying and staying at the Poly. Flying is not necessary from Atlanta, but it gives us the luxury of two extra days in the World because of our flight times.

On our next trip I plan to drive (unless flights are really cheap) and stay at the POFQ. Your report and pictures have me convinced I want to try it. I vote for POFQ again so I can see more pictures!

Lesley- I would definetly do the cruise/WDW mod with reg. dining. You metioned before you would love to do a cruise. This was my plan for my Sept. trip but we got free dining so I changed after reading your report. I talk about it in my new trip report.

Think about looking into the Disney Cruise!! My kids are pretty much the same ages as yours and they love doing the cruise and keep asking when we are going back. If you have any questions feel free to pm me!! You can do the Land and Sea that way you don't feel like you are missing out on the parks but look at also booking the land separate and the sea separate because it might end up being cheaper.:thumbsup2

Here is wishing you much success in your planning. :thumbsup2

I called AAA this morning to see what our package price would be. We are planning for Sept 19-28 2008. 2 adults - 2 kids ( 10 and 4) - 9 nights, 10 day MYW park hopper with basic dining, preferred room at Pop Century. I was quoted 2995.00. That's not too bad, is it? I think that is was like a saving of $191.00 compared to what the cost would be booking through Disney.

Like you I have to start looking into where we want to eat. Which restaurant in one of your other post is it that you said that the "no appetizer" didn't matter. Is it because it is buffet style.

Once I get everything situated with the reservations and maybe with the ADR's I might need your help with our itinerary. I just loved how much you guys got done on your last trip and I want to make sure that we do the same.
:cool1:

Dottie:)

That sounds great! But just keep in mind that you will need passports for everyone if you do the cruise.

A child's passport costs: $82
An adult renewal: $62
A new adult passport: $97
Passport photos: $8/each x 4 = $32

If everyone of you needs a new passport, you're looking at $390. We had originally booked a 4 night on the Wonder for May 2008, but by the time we had all the fees (passport), cost of parking at the port (we'd be driving down), hotel the night before, etc, it was around $2900 for a 4 night cruise. The cruise itself was about $2300 including taxes.
Something I didn't even think of before, thanks. We just can't afford cruising right now, maybe someday :cloud9:

Les, sorry to stir the pot, forgive me, realized that when I redid the cruise search by room type it gave me some dates in Sept....hence the cheap rate. Looks like June would be about $2,000. =o(

But you never know what rates might come out. There is always hope. Trust me it would be the best $$$ you've ever spent. It's heaven, well atleast as close to it as you can get...lol.
No problem, I was amazed when you said that, oh well, when I retire and can travel in September THEN we can afford it.
Lesley

Ooooh! I like Darlene's idea! Even if you cut back one night at the parks to make it 4 nights park, 3 night cruise...that would be SOOOO awesome! You guys would LOVE Disney Cruising!!!

Best of luck making your decision!
I like her idea too but when I priced a 3 night cruise for our timeframe it's close to 3000 for the 4 of us just for the cruise, no way, just can't justify that.
Lesley

Lesley, Boma at the AKL would be another great place. Although it is a buffet, it still was a $100 meal for 2 Adults and 2 children 7&5. The amount of food, ambiance and selection is incredible. You could stretch your CS meals alittle bit also by eating at pizza planet in MGM and sharing that meal and also Cosmic Rays in the Magic Kingdom has HUGE portion meals too that would give you 1 day where you would have 2 cs credits and 1 TS credit. Just some ideas that I have in the back of my mind for our next trip! Also, to get that extra day, what if you did a value for 1 night and did DTD that day or hung at the pool ans paid OOP for CS for that day and then started a package once you moved over to POFQ?
Boma is a great idea, we almost went there this year, we'll have to consider it this year. I will definitely extend CS meals like pizza planet next year, learned that lesson the hard way this year.
Lesley

I agree on the Boma suggestion. It has such a wide variety for kids and adults, plus the atmosphere is great. Also, you can explore around the resort a bit. We ate there for dinner and went out back to use the night vision goggles after our dinner.:)
Sounds good, maybe then I could convince Tim to stay there on a future trip :confused3
Lesley,
I love your POFQ plan.:banana: It really is a great resort, and I would stick with the regular dining option. Too many sit down meals are difficult to plan, and keep on schedule. As your kids get older they will have more energy to stay and play in the parks longer. They may not want to give up ride time. And the CS meals have been improving. Does this mean the Pre TR is starting? Lol.:rotfl:
I think we are definitely sticking to the POFQ plan, we loved the resort, we can afford it and can stay longer if we do. The Pre TR won't be starting yet, even Tim and I couldn't drag one out THAT long :rotfl:

So when will we see the new Pre-Trip Report? Please post a link when you do, can't wait to read it. I finished mine, yahoo, it only took me a month...lol.
Oh, I'll post a link, don't you worry ;) Just finished yours, JOB WELL DONE, I need to post over there,loved the pics.

My vote is for 8 nights at WL with the regular DDP. I would rather stay 1 or 2 less nights and stay deluxe. I would even move down to 7 nights if I had too to stay there. But I love WL & Poly and the location and theme. Now mind you I have never stayed moderate or value so I don't know if I would like it or not. I do like Queen beds and a bit more room though. You love WL so that is my vote. I know your leaning toward POFQ as of now. Lets put it this way I would pick driving 10 hours to DIsney and staying at the Poly or WL over flying and staying at a moderate resort. I would miss the staying at these resorts too much.
I like that option and I dearly miss WL but the POFQ prices are just to appealing for us right now, thanks for the post.
Lesley

Lesley,

This trip we are flying and staying at the Poly. Flying is not necessary from Atlanta, but it gives us the luxury of two extra days in the World because of our flight times.

On our next trip I plan to drive (unless flights are really cheap) and stay at the POFQ. Your report and pictures have me convinced I want to try it. I vote for POFQ again so I can see more pictures!
Poly is my dream, just not in our price range now, when the kids aren't with us we could afford it, but when all four of us are traveling together it's just way out of our range.
Lesley

Lesley- I would definetly do the cruise/WDW mod with reg. dining. You metioned before you would love to do a cruise. This was my plan for my Sept. trip but we got free dining so I changed after reading your report. I talk about it in my new trip report.
I wish we could afford it, just way too expensive for us.

Think about looking into the Disney Cruise!! My kids are pretty much the same ages as yours and they love doing the cruise and keep asking when we are going back. If you have any questions feel free to pm me!! You can do the Land and Sea that way you don't feel like you are missing out on the parks but look at also booking the land separate and the sea separate because it might end up being cheaper.:thumbsup2
I looked into it, SOOO expensive, the kids would love it, oh well.

Here is wishing you much success in your planning. :thumbsup2

I called AAA this morning to see what our package price would be. We are planning for Sept 19-28 2008. 2 adults - 2 kids ( 10 and 4) - 9 nights, 10 day MYW park hopper with basic dining, preferred room at Pop Century. I was quoted 2995.00. That's not too bad, is it? I think that is was like a saving of $191.00 compared to what the cost would be booking through Disney.

Like you I have to start looking into where we want to eat. Which restaurant in one of your other post is it that you said that the "no appetizer" didn't matter. Is it because it is buffet style.

Once I get everything situated with the reservations and maybe with the ADR's I might need your help with our itinerary. I just loved how much you guys got done on your last trip and I want to make sure that we do the same.
:cool1:

Dottie:)
Dottie, not too bad, we loved Pop when we stayed there, you are more money because of the 10 year old too, so that is a good deal. OHana's was the restaraunt I was saying would be the best deal on the new dining plan, we may eat there twice WE LOVE IT!!!
Lesley

Lesley, I'm so glad you are planning your trip for next year. I am already looking forward to reading all about it. I miss my daily TimandLesley reading. How EXCITED are you to find out the YOMD is extended til December of 2008?! I'm sure Tim will get double the dreams next year! ;) When I told my Mom she said she wants to go in 2008! If we can convince my Dad then we will have another family trip like we did last year. I'm really hoping for free dining, but if we decide on the summer, then I will try to work it out so we are there at the same time as you! (Not a stalker, I just think your kids are so cute, and if my picture ends up in your TR I will be famous! :rotfl2: )

Lesley, I'm so glad you are planning your trip for next year. I am already looking forward to reading all about it. I miss my daily TimandLesley reading. How EXCITED are you to find out the YOMD is extended til December of 2008?! I'm sure Tim will get double the dreams next year! ;) When I told my Mom she said she wants to go in 2008! If we can convince my Dad then we will have another family trip like we did last year. I'm really hoping for free dining, but if we decide on the summer, then I will try to work it out so we are there at the same time as you! (Not a stalker, I just think your kids are so cute, and if my picture ends up in your TR I will be famous! :rotfl2: )
I am so excited, can't even tell you how thrilled we were (Tim mostly :rotfl: ) when we found out about YOMD extention, that is soooo awesome! Let me know when you are going, would be cool to meet you:thumbsup2
Lesley

omg..year of dreams is extended????:banana:
How I wish I could go!!pixiedust: Lottery win
please come my way!!!:rotfl2: Les, Can't wait
to hear all about the plans for 2008 trip!! The
anticipation of a disney adventure is at least half
the fun!!:thumbsup2

YOU GO GIRL!!! WL is such an awesome resort!!:dance3:
By the way I'll take that link, maybe I could make some
$$$$ and get back to see that mouse!!!;)

Great job on setting your sights high!! So glad for you; can't wait to start reading your pre-trip plans & ideas!!!

Lesley,

what is your "screen name" or what ever on Expo Tv??I have been looking into that to for some extra $$ but have been chicken to try it out, it seems to good to be true?? Sounds like you are doing great on it, would love to see what you have done for some ideas if I get the nerve to do it lol!

sounds like next year will be great! Deluxe DDP wow, I don't think we can afford that, still trying to figure out if can somehow affod the regular DDp with the changes??
"

Lesley, that is great news for you!! I am disappointed you changed your dates though, we will be in the world June 1-10 (AKV) and I was hoping to run into you and your family! I am also thinking about the deluxe dining plan, but I'm not sure about all those sit down meals, although it is a planner's (and eater's) dream! Not sure how my family will feel about all that time in restaurants instead of at attractions or at the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter