Tiered Benefits

I'd be shocked if they gave booking priority of any sort as a tiered benefit, though.

i wouldn't say "shocked" - changing the booking process from day of check-out to checkin+7 was a benefit for larger point owners IMO.

i wouldn't be surprised if they started charging smaller owners some nickle-and-dime fees - it certainly would make sense if they cut my subscription to DVC files magazine for example (no biggie) - but until they announce what is actually going to take place, i'm not going to get all that worried about it...

i wouldn't say "shocked" - changing the booking process from day of check-out to checkin+7 was a benefit for larger point owners IMO.

Actually, that's exactly why I'd be shocked if they made any changes to booking priority - they already made this one that heavily favors high point total owners. Or if they do make such a change, it'll be for a tier of points so high that the impact would be very small (except for AK concierge, I imagine).

I was wondering about what these benefits might be as well and Tara mentioned a few interesting things. But what made me wonder was, that I think most of these things she mentioned would have to be paid somehow and would they start using the annual dues for that? I am still new to DVC, but if I understand dues correctly, they cover things like housekeeping? So if those members with more points would get more housekeeping, wouldn't everyone have to end up paying for this? Is that possible??

Okay so this 'loyalty' benefit is based on the number of points I own. And the number of referrals I send. (If no one I send buys any points then I don't get any referrals credit):sad2:

What about longevity? (The number of years that I have been a member?) :confused3

Or the number of trips per year?
Or the number of nights per trip?

Or the average number of trips per year?
Or the average number of nights per trip?
Or the average number of exchanged trips? (DCL, Disneyland Paris, Adventures by Disney etc. with those within the Disney system getting more value vs RCI trips)?

We could really make this a very complex formula.:idea:

So if you give a weighted allowance to
1) Longevity
2) The number of Points owned
3) The average number of trips/year
4) The average number of nights /trip
5) The number of exchanged trips

Then maybe I could get an advantage.

Since most members don't own anywhere near 1000 points how can they justify it?:confused3

Where do these ideas come from??:confused:

Most likely from the members with more than a 1000 points!!!! I have 370 myself and purchased 150 for my daughter - guess I should have put myself on that membership as an owner also so it would bring up the total. Oh well I still get exactly what I purchased - rooms at very nice resorts at a very good discount for many years to come - Anything else is an extra. Just hope they don't do anything that impacts anyone negatively.

Oh well I still get exactly what I purchased - rooms at very nice resorts at a very good discount for many years to come - Anything else is an extra.

This is how we feel. We own 200 points, but it is just the two of us so far. We don't NEED more points. We get to stay about 2 weeks a year at a great resort - which is why we bought. As long as we can still book our stays, I will try to not become too grumpy about things. I could be wrong, but I don't think the changes will leave those of us who own fewer points unable to book rooms.

:worship::worship::worship:

He also mentioned to a couple of owners at the meeting that had 1600 + points that he wanted to give them a hug. He did not mention that to a lady who mentioned that she had around 1200.

David

I wanted to stand up and ask if the 1600 point ladies get hugs, what do you get for owning over 2000?! Lol!! :lmao:
For the amount of dues we pay, I guess I'm already getting that!:);)

I wanted to stand up and ask if the 1600 point ladies get hugs, what do you get for owning over 2000?! Lol!! :lmao:

You may not like what Jim Lewis has in mind for you. :scared1:

If you have 100-300 points, you will be asked to pay your dues in a lump sum in January - no direct debit.

Your post made me laugh ... and then I thought ... for those of us from Canada with this range of points, nothing changes! (We HAVE to pay lump sum ... they don't just ASK us too! :goodvibes)

And then I laughed some more, because we would be short-changed a perk! :rotfl2:

I'm very new to DVC and so will be watching the boards carefully for breaking info about this new loyalty program.

It will be interesting to see what they end up offering. I would hate to see them offer a booking advantage to people with larger point amounts.

I could see them offering minimal benefits to those who have less than the intial buy in of about 150 points. I have to say that it was a bit of a pet peeve of mine that someone with 50 points can take advantage of that AP discount (get APs for yourself, your spouse and a couple of kids, and you will quickly safe enough to pay your annual dues).

It will be interesting to see everyone's reaction to the rollout of this program.

Your post made me laugh ... and then I thought ... for those of us from Canada with this range of points, nothing changes! (We HAVE to pay lump sum ... they don't just ASK us too! :goodvibes)

Don't forget us Canadians are currently precluded from getting anything for referrals. I assume we would still get the shaft if they go to a tiered loyalty systems that is based on points and referrals.

But lets dont forget if we can't afford the big points, we can always work our behinds off selling DVC for them, and earn them.

Daddio, if this turns out the way I am afraid it will, you will be getting my points to rent and I will be paying cash for concierge at the Grand Floridian.

I'll be here if you need me :)

In addition to what you suspect you are already getting, how about a reserved lounge chair at the front of next year's meeting?

David

OMG! I almost spit cocoa all over my computer. Excellent post. Where is that tag fairy when you need her?? :surfweb::rotfl2::lmao:

In addition to what you suspect you are already getting, how about a reserved lounge chair at the front of next year's meeting?

David

What, didn't I tell you how I got that choice lounge chair front and center in this year's meeting?

;)

If you have 100 points or less, you will be issued a can of paint (and necessary brushes and rollers) when you check in and will be expected to paint at least one room in your villa for everyone on the reservation. Eight guests=eight rooms.

If you have 100-300 points, you will be asked to pay your dues in a lump sum in January - no direct debit.

If you have 300-500 points, you will be required to a park in the Theme Park parking lot and take a bus to your car anytime you need to use it.

If you have 500-1000 points, you will be asked to conduct inspections of the villas adjacent to yours.

If you have 1000-1500 points, you will be allowed to park right outside your villa at SSR or OKW or issued a reserved parking space at other resorts.

If you have in excess of 1500 points, Jim Lewis will take you to dinner, but you have to pay for your dinner and Jim's dinner.

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:
Tiger

Don't forget us Canadians are currently precluded from getting anything for referrals. I assume we would still get the shaft if they go to a tiered loyalty systems that is based on points and referrals.

Exaclty. DVC will gladly take our initial buy-in and additional add-ons, but they make us pay for our dues in one lump sum, and we aren't allowed, due to Canadian law to get referral incentives either.

Nothing special for us...Tiger

...In addition to what you suspect you are already getting, how about a reserved lounge chair at the front of next year's meeting?

David

Right next to Jim Lewis. But if you are big point owner, you get to sit ON Jim Lewis.

and we aren't allowed, due to Canadian law to get referral incentives either.

Nothing special for us...Tiger

The State of Texas also bars individuals from receiving incentives for real estate referrals, so I suppose I am in the same boat as all the Canadians. But that doesn't necessarily mean that I could not benefit from some perks that are part of a VIP or tiered ownership package. Before you jump to the conclusion that you cannot benefit, check the wording of your Canadian law. There may be nothing that prevents you from getting discounts for tours, meals, merchandize, etc, if you are a member of a VIP program. Or lets assume that DVC lets VIP members bank points two years in advance rather than just one year. Would the Canadian law bar you from getting that benefit?

As I have said before, no one knows at this time what a VIP program would look like. Why worry and fret about something that hasn't happened, and is out of your control? And remember, even if a VIP program is introduced and everyone loves it, it will only be a matter of time before rumors will start that Disney will take it away.

The outrage and the speculation was the same when DCL changed the Castaway Club Membership to a Tiered system. All CC Members got the same perks when we started sailing. As the membership in the Castaway Club grew and grew, the perks became more and more watered down so to speak. Longtime members were not happy, because they remembered the good old days when the perks were REAL nice. When they announced the tiered system based on the number of cruises you took, the complaints were rampant. The people that had been on less cruises (but they were long cruises, 7 nights or more) felt slighted because the people that only cruised on the Wonder (more frequent, but shorter cruises) would reach a higher tier faster.

Its been a few years now.........and we are still 1 crusie away from moving into gold status. I still get my stateroom gift, I still get the same priorty booking options I had. the only thing I lost was the reception. And it had become so watered down it wasnt even worth going to. Once we finally reach gold status (we will earn it after out 5th cruise which will be on the Dream) but wont get the benefits until we sail on our 6th (if i understand the program correctly). Now that we have bought DVC we crusie less. We probably wont reach the next level until the 4th ship sets sail.

All in all, everyone has to wait and see. Some will be happy, some will not. I really wish people would wake up and realize that LIFE IS NOT FAIR. I did not buy DVC for the perks, and I do not cruise DCL for their Castaway Club program..so WHATEVER I get is just icing on the cake for me!!!

I'm surpirsed that no one has even brought up the possibility of "instant fastpasses" or something liked that linked to the tier of points one has. We allready know that Disney has patents for a system that would link fastpasses to the type of resort, ie: value, moderate, deluxe, etc, so why not link the fastpass system with the number of points one has. The more points you own, the more "instant fastpasses" one is entitled to each trip. Just a thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter