Is it because you are doing an AP certificate instead of an actual AP?

That's a lot of time & trouble to spend

That wouldn't be a relevant factor.

Just a run of really bad luck and uneducated (some would say, "vigilante") CMs.
As was said, shocking and shameful!

Last edited:
i know this may have been answered, but have gone through 26 pages so far and was just hoping for a quick answer.
I was curious, since we are planning a 12 park day stay at poly next summer, if it some point the number of days with park hopper added becomes cheaper with annual pass?
If the prices are very similar, are the added benefits you receive with AP worth it? We plan on getting the DDDP as well.

i know this may have been answered, but have gone through 26 pages so far and was just hoping for a quick answer.
1. I was curious, since we are planning a 12 park day stay at poly next summer, if it some point the number of days with park hopper added becomes cheaper with annual pass?

2. If the prices are very similar, are the added benefits you receive with AP worth it?

1. If you intend to go into THEME PARK more than 10 days, yes.
2. Absolutely.
HERE and HERE are links to the extra benefits you get with an AP.

However, if you can get by with a maximum of 10 Theme Park days, and can utilize Water Parks and other benefits of the Water Parks Fun and More options on the other days,
that can be another option instead of buying an AP.

I was curious, since we are planning a 12 park day stay at poly next summer, if it some point the number of days with park hopper added becomes cheaper with annual pass?
If the prices are very similar, are the added benefits you receive with AP worth it? We plan on getting the DDDP as well.

10-day BASE $468.60
10-day Hopper+ (w/Water Parks & More) $564.45
10-day Hopper+ (w/Water Parks & More) w/Memory Maker Photos $713.45

AP Platinum Pass includes/Memory Maker Photos $829.64
AP Platinum Pass PLUS (w/Water Parks & More) includes/Memory Maker Photos $925.49

Here's my experience today..both times at the liberty square office.

I have 10 day hoppers purchased from uct pre-feb price increase. 2 adults 1 child.

Upgrading to gold AP

1st stop CM quoted me 95.xx for the adult upgrade and 115.xx for the child. I left since my wife wasn't with me and he couldn't do it without her.

2nd time...CM was great...I asked if they take the current 10 day price and I pay the difference...she said..."We don't penalize you for buying early so first I have to make them current"

Final price was $25.56 for each adult and $46.86 for the child.

May be a record but only cost me $97.98 for all 3 to upgrade. That's what I was quoted for 1 earlier.

Pixie dust for sure

We're planning on purchasing 10 day hopper tickets in the next few days, just wanted to confirm that adding the plus option for water parks is a flat rate and not a per day cost? Seems like such a great deal compared to gate price.

We're planning on purchasing 10 day hopper tickets in the next few days, just wanted to confirm that adding the plus option for water parks is a flat rate and not a per day cost? Seems like such a great deal compared to gate price.

One flat rate.
$15, per ticket (not per day,) plus tax.

That'll get you 10 Water Park and More entries on a 10-day ticket.

Thanks everyone for the help and input.

No, it did NOT matter that picking up AP certificate and not upgrading. All 4 CMs told me same value no matter. One offered to put the $411 towards my current AP renewal. I passed.

I was going to try once more at MK, liberty square but time was tight. I am extremely disappointed with Disney. We have been coming regularly since 2009 and this was the first time we had blatantly poor service all regarding tickets. We also had multiple issues when we picked up our current APs at MK and the time and effort it took to get it resolved left a sour taste.

Our 2 adult 7 day PH will be no issue to use prior to expiration. I only have to worry about using my DS' 2 7 day PH tickets before he turns 10.

Our 2 adult 7 day PH will be no issue to use prior to expiration. I only have to worry about using my DS' 2 7 day PH tickets before he turns 10.

You can upgrade it after he ages out.
The likelihood that you will encounter reticent, untrained, belligerent, vigilante CMs on that next visit will be slight.
(Nobody has THAT much bad luck.) ;)

Should we test that in a few years. LOL.

Hypothetically, would I just pay the difference between a child and adult 7 day ph? Or, the value of early February 2017 to the current value, and then the difference....I swear!!!!

Can't believe I am even asking a ticket question again.....

Hypothetically,

1. would I just pay the difference between a child and adult 7 day ph? Or,
2. the value of early February 2017 to the current value, and then the difference..

1. MAYBE the "at that time" difference, but...
2. Technically, yes. (There is good reason for this, but...)

It going to come down to the" luck of the draw" with ticket CMs.

I just want to make sure that you (and those reading along) know:

A- If these tickets were purchased from stock that was minted before the Feb. 12, 2017 price increase, they do not have an expiration date.

B- If these tickets were purchased from stock that was minted after the Feb. 12, 2017 price increase, they do have an expiration date, but when that date comes, you will not lose the value of the tickets.
You can use the money that you spent buying them toward the purchase of new tickets at that time.

Sorry if this has been asked, but I've looked around a bit and couldn't quite find the answer. I've read some things that "hint" at the answer, but nothing definitive.

We are about to leave for our family vacation on Sunday, and have 7 day base tickets for this trip. Additionally my wife and I will be returning in November for the Wine and Dine 1/2 marathon weekend, and will be planning to spend 2-3 days in the parks on that trip. We are considering getting an AP for one of us (my wife or myself), as I think it makes financial since. My question is can we link the entire families magic bands be attached such that they would be included in the AP holders photopass photos? I know that this is dooable with a Photopass purchased in the normal since, but wasn't sure if it worked the same way considering that the PhotoPass is a "benefit" of having an AP.

Assuming that the answer to the above question is that they can all be linked I have a 2nd question. We are planning to upgrade her pass at concierge after we arrive before we go into the park. Do we need to do anything to "link" everyone MagicBands once we do that, or will they all automatically be linked, since they are already linked on the MDE account.

Thanks,

1. can we link the entire families magic bands be attached such that they would be included in the AP holders photopass photos?
2. We are planning to upgrade her pass at concierge after we arrive before we go into the park.
3. Do we need to do anything to "link" everyone MagicBands once we do that,
4. or will they all automatically be linked, since they are already linked on the MDE account.

Thanks,

1. Yes.
2. If you mean to an AP, that cannot be done a a resort.
It must be done at a ticket booth or Guest Relations at or outside a park, at TTC, or at Disney Springs.
3. Nope.
4. Yes.

Yes, all who are on your Friends and Family list on MDE photo's will appear on your MDE account. (this is basically how Photopass shares work)

1. Yes.
2. If you mean to an AP, that cannot be done a a resort.
It must be done at a ticket booth or Guest Relations at or outside a park, at TTC, or at Disney Springs.
3. Nope.
4. Yes.

Thanks. I could have sworn I read that Concierge could upgrade tickets now. But we can just as easily do it at the ticket booth.

Thanks. I could have sworn I read that Concierge could upgrade tickets now. But we can just as easily do it at the ticket booth.

Yes. The concierge CAN upgrade tickets.
But, not to an AP.
APs are a different kind of ticket and upgrade.

One flat rate.
$15, per ticket (not per day,) plus tax.

That'll get you 10 Water Park and More entries on a 10-day ticket.

Hold the phone. I just purchased 5 day park hoppers from UCT.

Can I upgrade them to include water park tickets for $15? I guess plus tax, but that's a deal.

I just want to make sure that you (and those reading along) know:

A- If these tickets were purchased from stock that was minted before the Feb. 12, 2017 price increase, they do not have an expiration date.

B- If these tickets were purchased from stock that was minted after the Feb. 12, 2017 price increase, they do have an expiration date, but when that date comes, you will not lose the value of the tickets.
You can use the money that you spent buying them toward the purchase of new tickets at that time.
Thanks - yes, minted before 2/12/17 so a date many years in the future.

LOL - did I have bad luck. I was told if I used the $411 towards an AP certificate with an expiration date of December 2018, and did not activate it before than, I would be out the $$$. That was MK guest relations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter